What's new

Jakarta will host Asian Games 2018

@xunzi

I would suggest you change your tactic , especially how you talk to certain members. Condescension only instigates the same response. It doesn't serve for initiating didactic conversation(s), but trading insult(s).
How is it condescension? Can you explain to me what I did is condescension? Is telling how it is means condescension to the Vietnamese?

You see, friend, there is an obvious mistrust in our view right now. You think I have dirty tactic but it is not. That is just hilarious how you think that way. LOL

How is it condescension? Can you explain to me what I did is condescension? Is telling how it is means condescension to the Vietnamese?

You see, friend, there is an obvious mistrust in our view right now. You think I have dirty tactic but it is not. That is just hilarious how you think that way. LOL

@xunzi

When i say condescension, I'm referring to how a person talks to other people -- in a degrading way. If you insult a person or his country of origin, it doesn't build a trusting relationship, nor does it build an opportunity to develop intellectual exchange. You know why? Because by insulting or talking down on certain people(s), one has already lost the moral ground, and immediately, the other person will view you as one who is putting them down.

Now, I'm in no way saying that there are no Vietnamese members who are immune from this. In fact, @Rechoice needs to really reconsider how he/ she posits his or her views. This applies to all members.

The point I'm stressing with you xunzi is this -- exchange your views respectfully, if you disagree, do so with decorum. You don't have to sink to the level of condescension / insulting others even if you disagree.

Let's end this here. Let's get back to the subject matter now.

Thank you for hearing me out, my friend.

See you in other threads.

@xunzi

When i say condescension, I'm referring to how a person talks to other people -- in a degrading way. If you insult a person or his country of origin, it doesn't build a trusting relationship, nor does it build an opportunity to develop intellectual exchange. You know why? Because by insulting or talking down on certain people(s), one has already lost the moral ground, and immediately, the other person will view you as one who is putting them down.

Now, I'm in no way saying that there are no Vietnamese members who are immune from this. In fact, @Rechoice needs to really reconsider how he/ she posits his or her views. This applies to all members.

The point I'm stressing with you xunzi is this -- exchange your views respectfully, if you disagree, do so with decorum. You don't have to sink to the level of condescension / insulting others even if you disagree.

Let's end this here. Let's get back to the subject matter now.

Thank you for hearing me out, my friend.

See you in other threads.
Insulting him? I don't think I did. LOL

Please allow me to explain how things start. I start by saying Indonesia showing leadership quality in ASEAN by picking up the tab from this event. The Vietnamese suddenly coming in and started accusing Chinese of trolling them. How is that trolling when we speak the truth? You see, deep down the Vietnamese don't accept Indonesia as a leading country in ASEAN because it hurts their national pride. That's why I ask you to explain to these Vietnamese because they trust a Japanese more.

Sabina Altynbekova – Kazakhstan Volleyball Player. Too Hot to Play!

images
Sabina-Altynbekova-6.jpg
images

Wow ! Very Pretty !

How is that trolling? I am asking our scholar @Nihonjin1051 explain group dynamism because only a Japanese can get to your head right now. That is why we need our friend Nihon to teach you Vietnamese.

ha ha, You are taught by Japanese friend, read his posts above carefully, learn it.

Brother @Indos ,

I've been reviewing on Jakarta's decision to host the games, and did some reviews on Jakarta's infrastructure. I must say that i'm impressed with Jakarta's development. Its a very magnificent city !

Jakarta-skyline-Indonesia.jpg

Jakarta.jpg

jakarta-city_105097-1280x800.jpg

How do we troll you? Why do speaking the truth means we are trolling? Everyone in the world agree Indonesia is a key player and a leader in ASEAN. That is a fact!
so can you tell me when China officially declares Indo as leader? delusional chinese and indo posters do not count.
but leader for what?

worse, Chinese state media Xinhua insults Indonesia as poor, backward, corrupt, miserable education system, slowing economy, etc...
News Analysis: Challenges to haunt Indonesia's newly elected president - Xinhua | English.news.cn

The ones in US deserted Vietnam which cannot be compared with these Vietcongs. I wouldn't be surprised if they are friendlier than these nutcases
not everyone is commie you moron. but seem a lot in China.

Last edited:
sir, made it easy to them, their brain is not sufficiently working enough, given a lot of damage from the toxic and chemical weapons they getting during their great war against US
you were one of the reasonable members, I wonder why you have begun to behave so bad?

back to the topic. my initial point is why do you want to spend huge sums on sports to please the foreigners and the rich, while large population suffers poverty in slums. even a indo poster admits that: 100s of slums across Jakarta and other parts of Indonesia, two-thirds of Indonesia's population lives on $2 a day.

it is our decision to give up the plan of hosting the game. why do you feel the need to insult us? by the way, unlike Indonesia, there is no slum in VN. will the Indo poor ever have a chance to see the sport event? unlikely.

I never wanted to comment here,I did just because so many of you drew VN into the discussion, with provocative topic like ASEAN leader.

Source: Indonesia's new mega-rich spend it big as inequality grows

Last edited:
@madokafc @MarveL @Indos

That Vietcong says Chinese media is insulting Indonesia lol

"Cutting fuel subsidies is very sensitive, the previous presidents are very mindful and always leave the 'bomb' to their successors," Pande Raja Silalahi, a senior economist at the Jakarta-based think tank Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) told Xinhua on Wednesday.

Given Indonesia's poor infrastructure, lagging education system, rampant corruption and slowing economy, Jokowi's honeymoon period as a new president will be very short, his administration needs to cut the costly fuel subsidies as soon as possible and wisely allocate the budget to address these problems, Pande said.

Growth of the G20 economy has slowed down to 5.21 percent in the first quarter this year, the weakest pace since 2009, and has never passed a pace of 7 percent on an annual basis since the 1997 Asian financial crisis. U.S.-based World Bank has predicted Indonesia's full year economic growth at 5.2 percent.

"If the controversial fuel subsidies could not be cut, the longer Jokow's shopping list of reform is, a stronger headache he will feel," Pande said.

Perhaps that Vietcong is blind but these are the words are coming from Pande Raja Silalahi. Doesn't sound like Chinese to me :laughcry:

Mon ami, do something about your new Vietnamese pets as they are starting to act unreasonable again.
Chinese: Vietnamese, you are Japaneses pets.
I look at you like pet of Japanese when you cry before him like that. hey, inferior mentality of Chinese. :D
Vietnamese: Chinese, you're Japaneses pets.

Congratulation, Japanese! :mps:

you were one of the reasonable members, I wonder why you have begun to behave so bad?

back to the topic. my point is why do you want to spend huge sums on sports to please the foreigners and the rich, while large population suffers poverty in slums. even a indo poster admits that: 100 of slums across Jakarta and other parts of Indonesia, two-thirds of Indonesia's population lives on $2 a day.

it is our decision to give the plan of hosting the game. why do you feel the need to insult us? by the way, unlike Indonesia, there is no slum in VN.

Source: Indonesia's new mega-rich spend it big as inequality grows

There's no slum in Vietnam? hahaha do not make me google it

Indonesia's slum is concentrated mainly along river banks in big cities where Vietnam, well ...lets just check the proportion of people living in slums. Anyway, we do accept the data if it is true, how about Viet boys? seems like you always reject data that shows Viet true faces

unstats | Millennium Indicators

Last edited:
so can you tell me when China officially declares Indo as leader? delusional chinese and indo posters do not count.
but leader for what?

worse, Chinese state media Xinhua insults Indonesia as poor, backward, corrupt, miserable education system, slowing economy, etc...
News Analysis: Challenges to haunt Indonesia's newly elected president - Xinhua | English.news.cn

not everyone is commie you moron. but seem a lot in China.
Official declaration is a serious diplomatic blunt. It perceives to be amateur in the diplomatic realm. Do you understand?

Why Indonesia as leader? Think Xi, Obama, and Abe paying state visit in Indonesia during heighten tension in South China Sea is a vacation visit? LOL There is always a hidden message in those visits. It is a way of recognizing Indonesia leading position in ASEAN. This type of diplomacy is common and you need to learn more. I ask my friend @Nihonjin1051 to teach you Vietnamese this but he kept avoiding. It is a shame. LOL

You cited an opinion article, which is factual reality, as a form of condescension to Indonesia? LOL If anything, it should encourage Indonesia to strive to do more, have bigger ambition. Like we do, which I'm sure they will as Indonesia potential is much higher than any country in ASEAN.

@madokafc @MarveL @Indos

That Vietcong says Chinese media is insulting Indonesia lol

"Cutting fuel subsidies is very sensitive, the previous presidents are very mindful and always leave the 'bomb' to their successors," Pande Raja Silalahi, a senior economist at the Jakarta-based think tank Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) told Xinhua on Wednesday.

Given Indonesia's poor infrastructure, lagging education system, rampant corruption and slowing economy, Jokowi's honeymoon period as a new president will be very short, his administration needs to cut the costly fuel subsidies as soon as possible and wisely allocate the budget to address these problems, Pande said.

Growth of the G20 economy has slowed down to 5.21 percent in the first quarter this year, the weakest pace since 2009, and has never passed a pace of 7 percent on an annual basis since the 1997 Asian financial crisis. U.S.-based World Bank has predicted Indonesia's full year economic growth at 5.2 percent.

"If the controversial fuel subsidies could not be cut, the longer Jokow's shopping list of reform is, a stronger headache he will feel," Pande said.

Perhaps that Vietcong is blind but these are the words are coming from Pande Raja Silalahi. Doesn't sound like Chinese to me :laughcry:

What Pande Raja said is true, but poor infras compared to what? poor in terms of keeping up with the demand to keep the economic growth remain above 6 percent which this year Indo seems fail to accomplish that. Indo infras rank is still above India whom Vietnam worship.

Back
Top Bottom