Status
Not open for further replies.

Yzd Khalifa

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Jail and lashes for Iranian actress

AN IRANIAN actress has been sentenced to a year in prison and 90 lashes for appearing in a film critical of the Islamic republic’s hard-line policies.

The opposition Kalameh.com website said yesterday Marzieh Vafamehr’s lawyer has appealed.

Ms Vafamehr appeared in the film My Tehran for Sale, shot in the Iranian capital, Tehran but banned in Iran. It tells the story of a young actress whose stage work is banned by authorities.

The piece was produced by an Australian-based company and directed by Iranian-Australian Granaz Moussavi.

For ' appearing' in the film or criticizing Islam ?

Jail and lashes for Iran actress

AN IRANIAN actress has been sentenced to a year in prison and 90 lashes for appearing in a film critical of the Islamic republic’s hard-line policies.

The opposition Kalameh.com website said yesterday Marzieh Vafamehr’s lawyer has appealed.

Ms Vafamehr appeared in the film My Tehran for Sale, shot in the Iranian capital, Tehran but banned in Iran. It tells the story of a young actress whose stage work is banned by authorities.

The piece was produced by an Australian-based company and directed by Iranian-Australian Granaz Moussavi.

I hope it turns out to be IraniGirl2 :lol:

WTF is going on in Iran? Yesterday a man was amputated for adultery. And now jail and lashes for appearing in a film critical of the Islamic republic’s hard-line policies. What bl00dy policies invite this kind of reaction?

110.jpg

I wished same for Veena Malik when she appeared in Big Boss :rofl:

Yzd,I didn't think you would go this low, at least you used to be professional in hating us. :P Posting a 1.5 year old news which happens to be a lie too?really?
I know you guys are searching on internet night and day to find anything negative about Iran to post here.But at least try to do it professionally.

The verdict was reviewed by the judge and it was cancelled and she was freed from jail in October 2011!
You can use Google translate:

مرضیه وفامهر آزاد شد | ایران | DW.DE | 25.10.2011

Marzieh Vafamehr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although I still think those idiots shouldn't even have arrested her in first place,but it's nice to do some research and tell the truth before opening a thread.

Yzd,I didn't think you would go this low, at least you used to be professional in hating us. :P Posting a 1.5 year old news which happens to be a lie too?really?
I know you guys are searching on internet night and day to find anything negative about Iran to post here.But at least try to do it professionally.

The verdict was reviewed by the judge and it was cancelled and she was freed from jail in October 2011!
You can use Google translate:

مرضیه وفامهر آزاد شد | ایران | DW.DE | 25.10.2011

Marzieh Vafamehr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although I still think those idiots shouldn't even have arrested here in first place,but it's nice to do some research and tell the truth before opening a thread.

:rofl: I don't know when this day will come when both you nations will stop bashing each other....:sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom