What's new

'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' creates history in Pakistan

OK, so film has become a super hit in Pakistan but do i take it as a tacit approval by people of Pakistan that Kashmir belongs to India since large part of the film was shot there ;) :D

:what: people watch Indian movies not for its story but for its spice dahhhhh so NO have a bucket of water pour on your head for your expectation viz a viz Kasmhir

Vidya Balan is getting married. :cheers:

:D ehhh i feel sorry for you. Did she cut her fats or not?

:what: people watch Indian movies not for its story but for its spice dahhhhh so NO have a bucket of water pour on your head for your expectation viz a viz Kasmhir

OHHH.....was i expecting too much :D I din't even watched that film, it's amazing, Pakistani people love bollywood & Indian people like me watch Hollywood instead :lol:

OHHH.....was i expecting too much :D I din't even watched that film, it's amazing, Pakistani people love bollywood & Indian people like me watch Hollywood instead :lol:

:laugh: thats why Bollywood produce cheap churbas (copies) of Hollywood to cater to needs of such Indians :D

YASH CHOPRA’S “JAB TAK HAI JAAN”… A WORLDWIDE BLOCKBUSTER!

jthjwwb.jpg

JAB TAK HAI JAAN opened worldwide on Diwali, 13th Nov 2012, to a tremendous response at the box office and has set several collection landmarks ever since.
ALL INDIA NETT BOX OFFICE COLLECTION

Tuesday 15.23 Cr
Wednesday 19.54 Cr
Thursday 14.45 Cr
Friday 11.17 Cr
Saturday 10.38 Cr
Sunday 9.96 Cr
TOTAL INDIA 80.73 Cr

It is the highest first day collection ever for any film released on Laxmi Pooja day, even though it did not have a solo release.

It is also Shahrukh Khan's highest opening day figure, ahead of both RA.One and DON2, which had solo releases.

OVERSEAS

JAB TAK HAI JAAN takes the International Box Office by storm.

JTHJ recorded some mind boggling figures for the opening day (Tuesday) screenings on a limited overseas release, as the film opened in stages over 14th, 15th, and 16th November.

The film has had a tremendous response and the audience reactions have been extremely positive. What has been most touching is that everyone is sitting through the end credits as the film pays a tribute to Yash Chopra, which makes it even more special.

OVERSEAS GROSS BOX OFFICE COLLECTION

Tuesday $1.30 Million
Wednesday $1.20 Million
Thursday $1.08 Million
Friday $1.35 Million
Saturday $1.52 Million
Sunday $1.13 Million
TOTAL $ 7.58 Million
TOTAL OVERSEAS 41.7 crores

This is the highest grossing weekend for any Bollywood film overseas!

Some interesting milestones:

US – Opened at No. 5 on the US Box Office charts and the highest midweek and weekend grossing Bollywood Film ever
UK – Opened at No. 4 on the UK Box Office charts and the highest midweek and weekend grossing Bollywood Film ever
Middle East – No. 1 at the Box Office and the highest midweek and weekend grossing Bollywood Film ever. The fastest ever in the Middle East for an Indian Film to reach the 2 Million Figure – in 5 days.
Australia – Opened at No. 2 on the Australia Box Office charts (limited release) and the highest opening Bollywood Film ever.
New Zealand – First Bollywood Film to open at No. 1, overtaking all Hollywood Films on Wednesday.
Germany – Opened at No. 7 on the German BO.
Pakistan – All time record of highest Opening Day collections for Film ever.:pakistan:
Singapore – All time record of highest Opening Bollywood Film ever.
JTHJ continues its run on the World Top 10 Charts over the weekend! A rare achievement for any Bollywood film.
US # 8
UK # 5
NZ # 4
AUS # 6
YRF films have always lit up homes worldwide during the Diwali festivities and this time too, the audiences have shown their continued love for A Yash Chopra Romance.

A fitting tribute to a legend!

Yash Raj Films

The collections are decided by fans not by quality of movie. Most of the fans watch the movie in first weekend before they know they were cheated. There are movies which are hit only because people just rushed due to fan followings. All top grossers of Bollywood are C grade movies.

The collections are decided by fans not by quality of movie. Most of the fans watch the movie in first weekend before they know they were cheated. There are movies which are hit only because people just rushed due to fan followings. All top grossers of Bollywood are C grade movies.

Agree, wonder when we will be able to see movies like Inception which are made in India, maybe too much a brainy film for common man.

Son of Sardar is better than that crap movie. My friendly advice to all Pakistani members.Avoid it.

Agree, wonder when we will be able to see movies like Inception which are made in India, maybe too much a brainy film for common man.

No. i always disagree with such self-styled notion viz a viz understanding of common masses. Give them quality stuff and they will take it instead of making them habitual to C- grad masala

how? :)

nah i dont :) for arguing on a subject you need to update your information ;)

If an Indian film run well in Pakistan, producer/distributor will get their share. If it is banned there, how will they make money?

its a personal choice some ppl lke some films, some don't. You will have to watch it before commenting.

Hotties & Copies don't make me watch Bollywood films ;) :D

:laugh: are you straight

If an Indian film run well in Pakistan, producer/distributor will get their share. If it is banned there, how will they make money?

its a personal choice some ppl lke some films, some don't. You will have to watch it before commenting.

dont take it to heart i was replying to him in a light mood :) everyone has own choice. for me Indian/Pakistani movies are waste of time. I would rather go for watching tom and jerry .

dont take it to heart i was replying to him in a light mood :) everyone has own choice. for me Indian/Pakistani movies are waste of time. I would rather go for watching tom and jerry .

If you are in light mood, even indo-pak movies is more hilarious than tom and jerry.

What i meant was Bollywood Hotties, Hollywood chalegi :D

I will edit my post :P

No. i always disagree with such self-styled notion viz a viz understanding of common masses. Give them quality stuff and they will take it instead of making them habitual to C- grad masala

can u imagine movies like Andaz Apna Apna, Swades & many others were a box office flop b'coz they weren't a typical masala film. Don't know if u have seen them or not, but IMO they were simply great movies.

+ a link:

http://www.imdb.com/list/mGZO-vgpxoI/

heard its copy of hollywood flick called the end of affair something like that.

Back
Top Bottom