What's new

'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' creates history in Pakistan

Oh well talking about copying they did copy a few tricks from Hurt Locker it seems.

well small scene copy can be seen in most movies (or atleast the one i watched)..... few days ago there was movie "rajniti" on cable.... not bad.... but the scene in which the american chick dies is total copy of God father (the scene in which Al Pacino's first wife die)

I watched Argo, Skyfall and Cloud Atlas recently. Argo is brilliant, Cloud Atlas is good but I was bored for the first hour of the movie, Skyfall is a wannabe Nolan movie.

I watched Argo, Skyfall and Cloud Atlas recently. Argo is brilliant, Cloud Atlas is good but I was bored for the first hour of the movie, Skyfall is a wannabe Nolan movie.
Kindly explain bold part.

BTW to all guys.

****** of The Dark Knight Rises is available on torrent.

BTW to all guys.

****** of The Dark Knight Rises is available on torrent.

Seen the first 2 parts, wanted to see this one badly :D

Have u seen it?? if yes, hows it...i mean compared to first 2??

Well they borrowed so many things from Nolan's style of film making, mainly the batman series. Please go through the following link, you will get an idea-- 10 Ways Skyfall Borrows From the Dark Knight Playbook | Underwire | Wired.com

Seen the first 2 parts, wanted to see this one badly :D

Have u seen it?? if yes, hows it...i mean compared to first 2??

I loved the 3rd part. In fact all three of them. I think The Dark Knight still stands out because of Joker.

Well they borrowed so many things from Nolan's style of film making, mainly the batman series. Please go through the following link, you will get an idea-- 10 Ways Skyfall Borrows From the Dark Knight Playbook | Underwire | Wired.com
There was a time when Bond movies used to inspire other movie makers. From past few movies we have seen The Bourne Ultimatum style and now according to you, Nolan style in Bond movies.

They started calling James Bond, James Bourne. I wonder what will be the new name for James Bond after this. :D

My reaction after watching JTHJ:
Teri Bakwas Slow story,
Teri boring love story,
Phir Nahi Dekhunga Me,
Jab Tak Hai Jaan!

Watched this movie on the weekend with an Indian female friend, was better than expected :coffee:

I have stopped watching Indian movies long way back. I find them mostly stupid (No offence to our Indian members here) and think they are for uneducated masses.

The last two movies I watched were Lawless and Ted.. :lol:

If you want to watch quality movies then you should watch small budget movies rather then high profile SRK or Sallu.

I am reading some comments here and i dont know why some Indians are expecting all Pakistani to either hate Bollywood or love it as if all Pakistani have same taste

There are Pakistani who like watching Bollywood movies

There are Pakistani who don't like watching Bollywood movies

when we will realize that its not about being Pakistani or Indian but its about personal choice and preferences. If i talk about myself i am selective in watching movies and i dont watch ever single bollywood or even hollywood movie. I agree with the poster above that mostly small budget movies have unique stories.. I recently watched vicky donor and it was not that bad, mein meri patni aur woh and movie like traffic signal were small budget movies without glamour yet they had story..the only movie of SRK which i appreciated was " swades we people"

:rofl: Man, you do love conspiracy theories, don't you.

Do you know many shows of Pakistani band in India earns too much money for Indians to buy weapons too. May be you should ban them too. Many movies are hit because of songs sung by Pakistani artists. Declare them traitors.
There r many things that u dont know abt yr country.....
I respect u Mr Krait u know that but there r always some things which r kept in dark from outside world.

Bollywood film Jab Tak Hai Jaan (Till My Last Breath), directed by legendary Indian filmmaker Yash Chopra, made a breakthrough to the U.S. top 10. The film entered at number 8, taking £817,000 ($1.3m) at the box office over the weekend – a rare appearance for a Bollywood film in box office rankings usually dominated by American productions.

The film has grossed a total of £4.7m overseas, being the highest opening Bollywood film ever in the US, UK, Australia and the Middle East, according to a statement from its producers Yash Raj Films.
Jab Tak Hai Jaan is in the top ten with Hollywood bigwigs ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2’ (number 1), Sam Mendes’ ‘Skyfall’ (number 2) and Steven Spielberg’s ‘Lincoln’ (number 3).
"It is very rare indeed for a Bollywood film to make the Top 10," said Exhibitor Relations expert Jeff Bock, while noting that they "routinely" make it into the top 20.

"Bollywood does have a very loyal following in the US as almost every week there is a new Bollywood film in limited release, and every now and then they do open in the top 10," he told AFP.

Bollywood film Jab Tak Hai Jaan makes U.S Top 10 - Telegraph

Back
Top Bottom