What's new

J10B ready to enter service

^^^ nose, intake and tail tip are different from original.

Something about the pics don't look right...can't exactly pinpoint.
However good news if this is indeed the case.

btw can you tell if it uses WS-10 or Russian engine

canards are different too, well and the pod is missing on the latest ones, its the one located at the base of glass canopy.

60581_1563952931828_1025517435_1644994_6909778_n.jpg

Always knew that the J-10, being a light-medium fighter, was larger than the JF-17 but didn't know that it was that much larger.

Do you have any info about WS-15 on J-10B?

From what I've heard the WS-15 is going to be used on the J-XX but I don't have reliable info that it will be used on the J-10B. I think that the J-10B might go with WS-10A/G in the beginning and gradually tranisition to WS-15. Much is speculative right now.

From what I've heard the WS-15 is going to be used on the J-XX but I don't have reliable info that it will be used on the J-10B. I think that the J-10B might go with WS-10A/G in the beginning and gradually tranisition to WS-15. Much is speculative right now.

WS-15 IF installed on this bird would turn it into a true Beast

not necessarily, I feel if J-10B is adequately powered by WS-10 series, a modified version will be installed in future rather than WS-15 which will be designed keeping in view the fact that WS-15 will have parameters suitable for heavy fighter, not a medium fighter (just like P W F-119 which powers raptor but does not do so for JSF)

not necessarily, I feel if J-10B is adequately powered by WS-10 series, a modified version will be installed in future rather than WS-15 which will be designed keeping in view the fact that WS-15 will have parameters suitable for heavy fighter, not a medium fighter (just like P W F-119 which powers raptor but does not do so for JSF)

Well if you want to get technical the AL-31 used on current J-10s are designed for heavy fighters like the Su-27 and Su-30s as well. The fact that the J-10 is a medium fighter means that it should have enough room to house those "guns" (American slang for muscle).

He meant something from serial production..not testing prototypes..and LCA cannot be considered operational without Kaveri engine since that was the orignal part of plan...seems like not before 2018!

LCA is getting IOC this december. GE engines are already there for initial 40 fighters.

Same is happening with J-10 too. China wanted to use WS-10 however until it is not perfected they rely on Saturn AL-31FN engine. Same with JF-17, until China comes with RD-93 replacement (as WS-13 still having issues).

Everything is comparable. However India-China knows the problems associated with these state of the art technologies, hopefully very soon we will sort it out. :cheers:

LCA is getting IOC this december. GE engines are already there for initial 40 fighters.

Same is happening with J-10 too. China wanted to use WS-13 however until it is not perfected they rely on Saturn AL-31FN engine.

Everything is comparable. However India-China knows the problems associated with these state of the art technologies, hopefully very soon we will sort it out. :cheers:

Actually it is WS-10. WS-13 is for the JF-17s and as of now, farther developed than the WS-10s. The original WS-10 has very short lifetime and is unreliable but the newer WS-10A has partially solved the problem while increasing the thrust. It'll take a while before everything is solved though.

and LCA cannot be considered operational without Kaveri engine since that was the orignal part of plan

Wrong !
The GE 404 was originally 'part of the plan', before we got sanctioned in 1998

J-10B is a vast upgrade over the J-10A

1. DSI inlet made it much stealther than J-10A. Its engine fan blade is now completely hidden! Also better super sonic performance. J-10B also has some other stealth features added such as RAM cloating. J-10B's RCS is down from J-10A's 2 m^2 to just 0.6 m^2!!

2. J-10B's nose is pointed downward and longer, because it is now equibed with AESA radar!

3. Better avonics include better ECM, better datalink and IRST!

4. Engine upgrade. It will use WS-10G, which is already tested on J-20. WS-10G offers 20% more thrust than WS-10A. J-10B will be more agile and much higher payload. It is rummered that WS-10G might have TVC nozzle to futher boost its agility.

J-10B will be truely mulity role and become an even deadlier A2A combat platform than J-10A!!!

Well I got good news for you then. WS-10G's thrust is close to that of P&W F119. Thrust vector is not likely though, since it would add complexity to flight control.

Well I got good news for you then. WS-10G's thrust is close to that of P&W F119.

How can communist engines be close to that of shining engines of democracy? PW F119 is like alien technology and WS-10G must be from the stone age.

Just kidding haha, but you deserve that =)

The engines, maybe. Thrust was never the problem, it was reliability. Much more interesting is the average time between replacement.

J-10B is a vast upgrade over the J-10A

1. DSI inlet made it much stealther than J-10A. Its engine fan blade is now completely hidden! Also better super sonic performance. J-10B also has some other stealth features added such as RAM cloating. J-10B's RCS is down from J-10A's 2 m^2 to just 0.6 m^2!!

2. J-10B's nose is pointed downward and longer, because it is now equibed with AESA radar!

3. Better avonics include better ECM, better datalink and IRST!

4. Engine upgrade. It will use WS-10G, which is already tested on J-20. WS-10G offers 20% more thrust than WS-10A. J-10B will be more agile and much higher payload. It is rummered that WS-10G might have TVC nozzle to futher boost its agility.

J-10B will be truely mulity role and become an even deadlier A2A combat platform than J-10A!!!

Stealthy is useless, with missiles on the outside reflections would cause the RCS to go to 20+. A clean J-10B might be very stealthy but a clean J-10B won't contribute much to combat anyways.

don't really care if it is a copy of Lavi or s.th.
good as long as it is produced. LOL
you know what, sometimes, learning is not that easy.

Can I dream?

J-10 need to have its landing gear re-designed. The four under-body hard points can only carry bombs. If two inner-wing hard points carry fuel tanks, that only leaves four hard points for missiles.

It needs to re-locate the landing gear (see how Typhoon does it) so the under-body hard points can carry missiles.

Back
Top Bottom