What's new

J10B ready to enter service

@Trident

Design of Arjun and Leopard are similar too by looks

Design of Bhrahmos looks quite similer to P-800

Design of Dhruv looks quite similar to BK 117

Does that mean they all are copies........

Please read my above post about Dhruv above....

As far looks of J 10 is concerned.....Initial developments were legally bought from Lavi.....You can see the changes if you have some knowledge....Let everything else go .....Do intakes look similar?

J10 pics ..

j10_1_large.jpg

J-10_fighting_plane_combat_aircraft_Chinese_Air_Force_002_AR.jpg

j10.gif

I am not denying that Israelis and Russian aviations experts had significant inputs on the J-10 project. I, however, don't believe that the J-10 is a "copy" of the Lavi since the two planes are vastly different in size, canard placement, and intake shape. To be a copy of the LAVI the J-10 has to be identical in every respect.

China purchased the flight testing data and R/D of cancelled Israeli IAI fighter. Thats no secret however the Lavi and J-10/11 has huge differences against mere similarity of canards. Indians who disagree should get a schooling in aeronautics. A country which cries foul about P3-C Orion modified for offensive operations, harpoons modified for air role and JF17 made in france has little creditablity.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Trident

Design of Arjun and Leopard are similar too by looks

Design of Bhrahmos looks quite similer to P-800

Design of Dhruv looks quite similar to BK 117

Does that mean they all are copies........

Please read my above post about Dhruv above....

As far looks of J 10 is concerned.....Initial developments were legally bought from Lavi.....You can see the changes if you have some knowledge....Let everything else go .....Do intakes look similar?

Did I use the word copy anywhere ? I know the intakes are different. However, I would still say the design looks much more similar than not. siegecrossbow explained that apart from looks other parameters are different and this should solve the doubts.

It is a big achievement to make a fighter. We are doing it and we know how difficult it is.

Last edited:
Dude my point was ' The DESIGN and structure of J 10 is same as LAVI '
I just love these word combos use by many Indian friends:P

The delta canard design is shared by J-10, EF-2000, Rafale and Grippen. So i dont know whether the J-10 borrowed from the basic configuration of LAVI but what I know J-10 was a continuation of J-9 ( a canceled project with similar design and by the similar manufacturer) here have a look
J9VI-IIproject.png

Since J-10 already had a similar predecessor to borrow from so that makes LAVI's case very weak. Though I am not denying any technical assistance by Israel but the point is that Chinese had already done a significant amount of homework.

ok another example.....
look at the Yugoslavian Novi Avion
NoviAvion1.jpg

This aircraft looks like a mini rafale....but here is the extact
The Novi Avion most closely resembled the French Rafale, although it was smaller and had only one engine. It was designed to fill many roles, including air superiority, interception, reconnaissance, ground attack, and anti-ship attack. Maximum speed was just under Mach 2. Super-maneuverability at both supersonic and subsonic speeds was a priority, and a major portion of the airframe was to be composed of composites.

The design was to incorporate a number of features to lower its radar cross section, although it would not have been a true stealth aircraft. The aircraft was to carry an advanced ECM/ECCM suite. It was an all-Yugoslav design, not based on any foreign plane, although France was providing some assistance with the design of the most complex parts that Yugoslavia had no experience with, such as a multipurpose radar.

The engine was to be the French Snecma M88, the same engine used in the Rafale. Most of the weapons it would have carried would probably have been either French weapons, or built with French assistance.

Last edited:
Think hard my friend !!

Few posts up there is a pic of LCA along with Mirage and both are flying I guess.

He meant something from serial production..not testing prototypes..and LCA cannot be considered operational without Kaveri engine since that was the orignal part of plan...seems like not before 2018!

So its a chiken or egg mystery?

The aircraft came first or the delta canard??

Although it is no delta canard Wright Flyer 1 did employ a canard configuration. I guess we all ripped off the Americans after all :usflag:.

Although it is no delta canard Wright Flyer 1 did employ a canard configuration. I guess we all ripped off the Americans after all :usflag:.

You know this is why I like science. Everyone is free to build on and create new knowledge based other people's knowledge without anyone complaining about it.

Oh you're breathing oxygen, Joseph Priestley discovered that! Kindly drop dead please.

Back
Top Bottom