‘J-K integral part of India, Pak must vacate illegally occupied areas’ UK MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
A UK lawmaker has said that the entire state of Jammu and Kashmir, including parts “illegally controlled” by Pakistan, were integral part of India.

“State of Jammu and Kashmir in totality is part of India, an integral part of India and it needs to be reunited and should come under the dominion of India,” UK Member parliament and leader of ruling conservative party Robert John Blackman told reporters in Jammu on Tuesday during a meet the press function organized by the Press Club of Jammu.

Blackman said Pakistan must vacate the territory of Jammu and Kashmir “illegally occupied” by that country.

“The erstwhile ruler of Jammu and Kashmir had signed instrument of accession with India and given the control of the entire state of Jammu and Kashmir to India, it is Pakistan which illegally occupied its territory which it should hand back to India through negotiation,” he said.

Blackman said that as both the countries were nuclear power, so there was no question of them going to war for Kashmir, but Pakistan must itself vacate the territory and hand it over to India.

The lawmaker from the Harrow East constituency in England said that in the past the Pakistan lobby had strong presence in the UK parliament but things have changed and people like him who are “friends of India” have been started speaking about India.

He said that the ties between India and the United Kingdom have grown stronger even since Prime Minister Narendra Modi took over the reins of power in India and his “historic visit” to UK last year has further strengthened the bond.

He said India has been a victim of terrorism originating from Pakistani soil and it should take measures to rein in the “forces” that spread terrorism in countries like India.

Asked why UK does not declare Pakistan a terrorist state, Blackman said he cannot speak on behalf of the UK government, but he was aware of the terrorist attacks that India faced and that originated from the Pakistani soil.

He said that UK government was aware of the terrorism being faced by India and it stands shoulder to shoulder with India to combat terrorism.

To a question on the ongoing debate of “intolerance” in India, Blackman said India was one of the safest countries for minorities in the world where people from all faiths get equal rights but said it was unfortunate that military had to be used to protect temples in Kashmir.

“India is one of the safest countries for minorities in the world, where minorities get equal rights and which unfortunately is not the case with Pakistan where every day minorities are being targeted attacked.

On a question on the displaced Kashmiri Pandit community, he said that steps need to be taken so that the community is properly rehabilitated and given full protection.

“Kashmiri Pandit community has been the worst victim of terrorism,” Blackman said.

‘J-K integral part of India, Pak must vacate illegally occupied areas’ | india | Hindustan Times

Entire J&K including Azad Kashmir is integral part of India: UK MP

Entire J&K including Azad Kashmir is an integral part of India: UK MP | Business Standard News

Entire J&K including Azad Kashmir is integral part of India: UK MP | Zee News

India never claimed it seriously, the better for strategy is that it should be brought in UN . INstead of posting what UK MP said Modhi should say it.

What he said is truth. Pakistan should stop its obsession with Kashmir or risk being in perpetual state of under development.
You say that, but it isn't a Pakistani that started this thread. Talking about Pakistani obsession just makes you a hypocrite.
----

So, because a single MP says something, we should take it seriously?

"people like him who are “friends of India”
"

That should tell you everything.

You say that, but it isn't a Pakistani that started this thread. Talking about Pakistani obsession just makes you a hypocrite.
----

So, because a single MP says something, we should take it seriously?

"people like him who are “friends of India”
"

That should tell you everything.

I guess this thread is started by an 'Indian'. At least he flies Indian flags.

Now, don't you think that Pakistan obsession with Kashmir is proving to be your nemesis. I can trace back major problems faced by your nation to your obsession with Kashmir.

I guess this thread is started by an 'Indian'. At least he flies Indian flags.

Now, don't you think that Pakistan obsession with Kashmir is proving to be your nemesis. I can trace back major problems faced by your nation to your obsession with Kashmir.
You'd be wrong, if you tried to do so. Pakistan has done well, even during sanctions time. It is only during the war on terror that Pakistan has truly suffered.

Also, obsession is obsession. Your point is invalid.

Reactions: EAK
You'd be wrong, if you tried to do so. Pakistan has done well, even during sanctions time. It is only during the war on terror that Pakistan has truly suffered.

No...I am sure many rational Pakistanis will agree with me.

How about if I list some.

Because of Kashmir...you have virtually no relations with India and India has become your adversary
Because of Kashmir...the religious nut heads are running amok in your country
Because of Kashmir...you have become a security state
Because of Kashmir...25% of budget goes to defense
Because of Kashmir...you military enjoy more power than your elected representatives
Because of Kashmir...you spend majority of your energy and resources on Kashmir than the welfare of your masses

No...I am sure many rational Pakistanis will agree with me.

How about if I list some.

Because of Kashmir...you have virtually no relations with India and India has become your adversary
Because of Kashmir...the religious nut heads are running amok in your country
Because of Kashmir...you have become a security state
Because of Kashmir...25% of budget goes to defense
Because of Kashmir...you military enjoy more power than your elected representatives
Because of Kashmir...you spend majority of your energy and resources on Kashmir than the welfare of your masses

Janab Politically the problem is
Without Kashmir Agenda, no one can win any election in Pakistan.
and all strategy related to Afghanistan, india, and USA is controlled from Rawalpindi, and not from Islamabad. Remember what happens during Vajpai Lahore bus yatra.

Nawaz Sharif accepts Kargil intrusion was stab in back for Atal Bihari Vajpayee : Delhi, News - India Today

Why not ask people of Kashmir where they want to live? Why should someone from UK be telling us? Who the heck is he to decide fate of Kashmir?

What he said is truth. Pakistan should stop its obsession with Kashmir or risk being in perpetual state of under development.

What he said is bullsh!t. Looks like after failure and embarrassment with US congressman on F16 you have now bribed a UK MP to give you some feel good moments. After all the he is “friends of India” after taking bribe from you. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom