What's new

J-20 Supercruise speed

localoca

BANNED
Reaction score
I was wondering when its the J-20 scheduled SupreCruise flight and how fast willit go?

the YF-23 with GE engines reached Mach 1.6 on 29 November 1990, I think the SupreCruise flight should be this year...:china:

I was wondering when its the J-20 scheduled SupreCruise flight and how fast willit go?

the YF-23 with GE engines reached Mach 1.6 on 29 November 1990, I think the SupreCruise flight should be this year...:china:

An article depicting a conflict with the J-20 put J-20's supercruise speed at Mach 1.5

But I seriously doubt the authenticity of the article.

I seriously doubt that supersonic flight will take place this year.

If they stick with WS-10G it's certainly possible.

They might want to get the airframe all settled down first and do some low-speed testing for now

If they want to do supercruise flights it would be more meaningful to test with the engines intended for it, I think.

Unless they just want to find out how far it can go with current available engine.

The supercruise of J-20 will be less than that of other 5-Gen Fighter because of its size and weight

The supercruise of J-20 will be less than that of other 5-Gen Fighter because of its size and weight

Depends on the engine and aerodynamics. Size and weights don't determine everything. J-7 is much light and smaller, but it can't supercruise, can it? Don't spill nonsense of things you don't even know about.

Not necessarily.

J-20 will have more powerful engines than other fighters.

The thing that might compromise that is the DSI, but it has its own advantages.

Depends on the engine and aerodynamics. Size and weights don't determine everything. J-7 is much light and smaller, but it can't supercruise, can it? Don't spill nonsense of things you don't even know about.

that's correct. concord can easily do mach 2 cruising..

j20 isn't much bigger than other planes
thtry.jpg

271329964590c36d74f8aca.jpg

fdgffd.jpg

612734922.jpg

3334466e9cb047a8990e472.jpg

That is quite a stupid statement to make. If anything, J-20's length is optimized for lower drag at higher speeds. In addition, you have to factor in the aspect ratio of engine.

Go troll somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom