What's new

J-15 Can Cover 1,000 km Attack Radius

i know j-11 is locally developed and produce but those countries i mention use twin engine platform and j-15 being more advanced then j-11 i thought would naturally replace the j-11

I didn't know Nepal operated any twin-engined platforms.

But I can tell you that it is not in Bangladesh's interests to procure another twin-engined platform. The eight MiG-29s it operates had proven to be a headache once.

Single-engined ones like the J-10 and JF-17 are the way to go.

I didn't know Nepal operated any twin-engined platforms.

But I can tell you that it is not in Bangladesh's interests to procure another twin-engined platform. The eight MiG-29s it operates had proven to be a headache once.

Single-engined ones like the J-10 and JF-17 are the way to go.

I disagree.

BD will need a long-range air-interdiction/strike platform in order to be able to secure it's interests over the Bay of Bengal.

A couple of squadrons of the SU-27/30-series would be ideal.

No it has more to do with internal fuel volume and aerodynamics ex: drag, lift, ect. One good reason the SU-35's range was increased was because of more room for internal fuel, more fuel equals more weight. And sorry but most of any aircraft is made of composites. Carbon/resin based composites aren't going to make a big difference in weight especially since the outer skin of flankers is made of thin lightweight alloys.

Newer avionics and engines can save a lot of weight when compared to older versions.

And by attack radius I assume that the article is talking about combat radius, in which case 1,000 km is not that great for a Flanker, albeit we are talking about heavier carrier based aircraft. This is not to down play the J-15 because 1000km is nothing to sneeze at even with conservative payload figures but we don't know the figures.

Weapons load and fuel figures are also not known, which effect range drastically. Are we talking a full combat load or half load with external fuel tanks? And this not only applies to Chinese aircraft but to every aircraft. I often find different performance date for the same aircraft depending on source, this is because the figures that were given were under different circumstances.

The combat radius of 1000 km is good for carrier based aircraft. Hereunder is a list of carrier based fighters:

Su 25 <1000 km
F 18 < 1000 km
and the old Harrier II < 600 km

I dont have the details for Rafale M (carrier based version). Its C variant < 1000 km while land based (not relevant though) > 1500km

I dont have the combat radius of su 33. Its range is about 3000 km while J-15 is 3,500 km. So I guess the combat radius of J-15; Su 33 and Rafale M are about the same!

Also the following shows the parts on which various structural materials are used for a Dassault Rafale

454px-Materials_of_the_Dassault_Rafale_en.svg.png

Actually China did start to develop the catapult system or even EMALS long time ago.

But the current landing gear of J-15 is only for STOBAR, while the landing gear of J-31 is already made for CATOBAR.

So in the future, the new J-15 will also feature the landing gear for CATOBAR. :coffee:

I don't think it is as easy as that. Fair enough the J-31 will be built from the ground up as a CATOBAR capable fighter but some designs do not lend themselves to being modified to be launched using a catapult. Some designs are inherently adverse to such conditions and as the SU-33 was never designed to be launched using a catapult there is no reason to think it could be modifed to do so by the Chinese.

If it was that easy everyone would do it- EADS ruled out converting the EFT into a catpult launched fighter as they knew the modifications would add far too much weight to the airframe and given the stresses involved weren't 100% sure the airfram could withstand them and wouldn't be ripped apart.

Its only about logic nothing else .. Its really laughable when some Pakistani feeling proud of Chinese development even when its not related to them any how.

I said a simple thing in my first post but dnt know how fake pride(even nothing related to them) of some Pakistani got hurt and now even mod join this bash party.

There is something called appreciation.. it has little to do with pride.. I appreciate the Israeli Arrow system..

Fake pride.. wow
What those exceptions from India as you seem to be demonstrating have is cheap jealousy..
The sort you have when you see a better car with a neighbor.. when you see him achieve something.
its beyond personal.. its genetic.. like a congenial disease it creeps up within you in all stages of life.

When you are studying you soo wish that your fellow Indian student fails and you succeed.. even if he has done well you will backbite about him all over the place in all efforts to make sure that he does not look good.
It is beyond your moral and ethical comprehension to appreciate another efforts because as long as you cannot be better .. you will not appreciate it.. Its known as the pithy placenta of human thought when even appreciation has to have some ulterior motive... and you have demonstrated that to you it is only in that context.. Whether its the nation of China.. or a family members who's just done better than you. Unless you are better.. you cannot accept their achievement.

There is something called appreciation.. it has little to do with pride.. I appreciate the Israeli Arrow system..

Fake pride.. wow
What those exceptions from India as you seem to be demonstrating have is cheap jealousy..
The sort you have when you see a better car with a neighbor.. when you see him achieve something.
its beyond personal.. its genetic.. like a congenial disease it creeps up within you in all stages of life.

When you are studying you soo wish that your fellow Indian student fails and you succeed.. even if he has done well you will backbite about him all over the place in all efforts to make sure that he does not look good.
It is beyond your moral and ethical comprehension to appreciate another efforts because as long as you cannot be better .. you will not appreciate it.. Its known as the pithy placenta of human thought when even appreciation has to have some ulterior motive... and you have demonstrated that to you it is only in that context.. Whether its the nation of China.. or a family members who's just done better than you. Unless you are better.. you cannot accept their achievement.

Wow so now mod of a defence forum turnout as a psychologist?

just go and read my first post

And dnt try to judge people whom you dnt know.

They considered that. It was cancelled later. I doubt if Bangladesh can afford them anytime soon.

The reason is not affordability, you can get soft loans from either russians or China easily then Pakistan. The problem is J-11B/BS or J-15 at this point of time cannot be offered by China for certain reasons until Chinese WS series Engines really mature and all domestic orders are fulfilled for J-11/J-11/J-10 series. Otherwise russians will never allow China Flankers with russian engines.

BAF alternative would be either Mig-29 or FC-1 with IFR and couple of Air Refuellers.

Wow so now mod of a defence forum turnout as a psychologist?

And dnt try to judge people whom you dnt know.

Listen up you are making a laughing stock out of yourself infront of your hindustani friends and everyone else. Nobody got hurt with what you said in your first post, your post was a stupid one. You have inherent problem when Pakistanis or some other Nationalities appreciate China's success in any Field.

From supercomputers, best smartphones, J-11B/BS/J-15/J10A/B/JH-7/A/FC-1/Y-20/Y-9/Z-10/Z-11/Z-19/AC313 and so on. I haven't even included MBTs and other DF series or space programs second to US.

In your case the judgement and verdict is you are an inherent fool a jealous one and an inflated liar.

@Oscar, A suggestion and hope you guys introduce user Thread Ban / user Kickout Button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fake pride.. wow

Hahahaah Oscar sir ...... And you said I took a cheap shot on Kasab ;)

You kinda like generalising things. Don't you ???

Not interested in anything of this mud business just curious were did you get the Bolded part ???
I being an Indian never come across this phenomena. We worked together to clear exams if you know what I mean ;)

No it has more to do with internal fuel volume and aerodynamics ex: drag, lift, ect. One good reason the SU-35's range was increased was because of more room for internal fuel, more fuel equals more weight. And sorry but most of any aircraft is made of composites. Carbon/resin based composites aren't going to make a big difference in weight especially since the outer skin of flankers is made of thin lightweight alloys.

Newer avionics and engines can save a lot of weight when compared to older versions.

And by attack radius I assume that the article is talking about combat radius, in which case 1,000 km is not that great for a Flanker, albeit we are talking about heavier carrier based aircraft. This is not to down play the J-15 because 1000km is nothing to sneeze at even with conservative payload figures but we don't know the figures.

Weapons load and fuel figures are also not known, which effect range drastically. Are we talking a full combat load or half load with external fuel tanks? And this not only applies to Chinese aircraft but to every aircraft. I often find different performance date for the same aircraft depending on source, this is because the figures that were given were under different circumstances.

True, the newer avionics, internal volume, certainly define the range of an aircraft, but that does not explain why various Flankers have different ranges. Most modern aircraft uses lots of composites just for that purpose. A decent application of composites can easily save up to a few tons of weight. Then again the engines also takes into account of the efficiency as well as the fuel itself. And then we got the fact that the J-15 might use up much of its loiter fuel doing take offs from ramps.

why is it so hard to understand jet fighters that takes off from a ramp consume more fuel than from a catapult system installed on an aircraft carrier? As a result of the latter, the planes have longer range and combat radius!

The reason is not affordability, you can get soft loans from either russians or China easily then Pakistan. The problem is J-11B/BS or J-15 at this point of time cannot be offered by China for certain reasons until Chinese WS series Engines really mature and all domestic orders are fulfilled for J-11/J-11/J-10 series. Otherwise russians will never allow China Flankers with russian engines.

BAF alternative would be either Mig-29 or FC-1 with IFR and couple of Air Refuellers.

BHai maintenance & operational cost bhi koi cheej hoti hai. Show ke liye khareedoge kya plane. He has a good point.

why is it so hard to understand jet fighters that takes off from a ramp consume more fuel than from a catapult system installed on an aircraft carrier? As a result of the latter, the planes have longer range and combat radius!

Mr. Shutter that is not hard to understand. Your point is correct. But you are not getting the points made in opposition to that.
The feasibility of strengthening airframe. Somebody give the example of EF typhoon. Any ways Chinese has the man power and resources to do that but it would be always easy and best thing to develop a new fighter than modify one

Hahahaah Oscar sir ...... And you said I took a cheap shot on Kasab ;)

You kinda like generalising things. Don't you ???

Not interested in anything of this mud business just curious were did you get the Bolded part ???
I being an Indian never come across this phenomena. We worked together to clear exams if you know what I mean ;)
Don't take things literally nor was the example meant for an individual.....consider it like a bewildered divorcee eating her heart out at witnessing next door couple's happy life. !!

Back
Top Bottom