What's new

J-11B vs Su-30MKI

Su-30MKI has 3-D TVC,wat about J-11B?

J-11B uses composites to reduce weight.
J-11B also has increased thrust with WS-10A engines.

J-11A already has greater T/W ratio than MKI. These two factors on J-11B increase it further. No need for TVC.

In BVR it gets even worse, because as you stated, J11 uses Chines weapons, not Russians, while MKI has R77 missiles and the Bars PESA radar. This combo provides MKI with the advantage of first sight, first shot and when we add the Israeli EWS and jammers for self protection, it should be clear why the MKI is considered to be a very capable fighter in A2A combats.

SD 10 having less range then R77. AFAIK J11s uses only Chinese weapons, while Su 27SK and 30 MKK uses Russians, but correct me if I'm wrong here.

Not really.

The reason many people think that SD-10 has a lower range than R-77 is due to the fact that the manufacturers carry out tests at different altitudes and closing speeds. SD-10 is tested at lower altitudes and lower speeds than R-77 so the advertised range won't be as high.

Since altitude and speed are important factors in a missiles range, this brings me onto the second point:

J-11B can fly faster and higher than MKI. This would give the kinematic advantage to J-11B, increasing the missile ranges.

Wrong. Su-30MK were specifically ordered for the navy, and landing gear and airframe was strengthened at Chinese request. In addition, its radar is optimized for air-to-surface missions. It is much heavier than a standard Su-27SK and was never intended for use in air superiority role. You should know that the naval aviation is NOT tasked with air superiority.

You misunderstood it! I only wanted to show the difference between older Su 27 and multi role versions like J11, or Su 30 varients. Which means, that J11 is improved and not just a copy of the Su 27SK like some believe, also that the Su 30s are not simply a strike fighter, they are still capable in air superiority, but with multi role capabilities also in the strike role and it depends mainly on the techs, to which role it is more geared to. China might geared it for the anti ship role, which requires mainly some more radar modes, but the A2A capabilities of the Flankler remains the same. India added Bars, canards and TVC to gear it more for A2A, but still it's highly useful in A2G.
You can see it also at the Su 34, which is the Flanker version geared the most for the strike role, but by the fact that it also is a multi role fighter, it is capable in A2A, mainly in BVR of course.
Btw, even the weight of the Su 35 is clearly higher than the weight of the Su 27SKs, because all improved versions got changes to beeing multi role capable.

Fighter planes do not operate in a vaccum environment.

Which means?

Considering there is a difference betwen export SD-10 and PL-12 (range, seek etc), and also that PLAAF wasn't happy with R-77, I'll take that with a grain of salt.

The most reliable source that I saw on this forum, was from an air show or something like that in China and it was given with 70Km range, but of course the bigger difference is the radar.

You misunderstood it! I only wanted to show the difference between older Su 27 and multi role versions like J11, or Su 30 varients. Which means, that J11 is improved and not just a copy of the Su 27SK like some believe, also that the Su 30s are not simply a strike fighter, they are still capable in air superiority, but with multi role capabilities also in the strike role and it depends mainly on the techs, to which role it is more geared to. China might geared it for the anti ship role, which requires mainly some more radar modes, but the A2A capabilities of the Flankler remains the same. India added Bars, canards and TVC to gear it more for A2A, but still it's highly useful in A2G.
You can see it also at the Su 34, which is the Flanker version geared the most for the strike role, but by the fact that it also is a multi role fighter, it is capable in A2A, mainly in BVR of course.

Btw, even the weight of the Su 35 is clearly higher than the weight of the Su 27SKs, because all improved versions got changes to beeing multi role capable.
J-11B is not heavier than Su-27SK.

Which means?
Plane vs plane comparison is meaningless without taking into account the support network available.

The most reliable source that I saw on this forum, was from an air show or something like that in China and it was given with 70Km range, but of course the bigger difference is the radar.
You do know that missiles have different range based on altitudes fired right? If you fire a SD-10 at high altitude against a low flying target, the range will be greater. The number itself means little without knowing the condition.

with the number of planets their finding lately(including several in the liquid water zone) we might find the bogyman soon enough

Actually, when they decided to send a disc containing all the information about life on earth and where earth is, with the Voyager space probe, some scientists vehemently opposed it citing, it would be a blue print for aliens to invade earth with. :lol:

Be glad that the human gene code was not cracked and deciphered back then :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom