What's new

J-11B vs Su-30MKI

Beijing needs an aircraft capable of rivaling Japan's F-35s and India's Su-30MKI and T-50 planes but is unsure that J-11D jets will be a viable competitor.

None of the chinese (Designed and build by china) plane can counter even F16.

LOL. That is not China request Rusia, that is Russia push China to buy SU35 as condition to buy S117.

:laugh: :laugh:

IS S400 also purchased to please Russia? If you do not want to buy any thing than how can anybody compale you?

Last edited:
and tejas is superior to both j20 & j31:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
congrats you yet again bumped openned a five year old thread :haha:

but make as much fun of Tejas as you like but you also know india is not going to scrap Tejas and has already started a programme to give AESA based Radar and EW suite & jammers to it along with all those cutting edge israeli WVRs & BVRs and in coming future you have nothing to put against it ...... i guess PAF also knows that :sarcastic:

but make as much fun of Tejas as you like but you also know india is not going to scrap Tejas and has already started a programme to give AESA based Radar and EW suite & jammers to it along with all those cutting edge israeli WVRs & BVRs and in coming future you have nothing to put against it ...... i guess PAF also knows that :sarcastic:
this thread is not 5 years old the date of last post is jul 2015

i have a Q.
su-30 and f-15 have air brakes.i love it.
how many non-Russian fighters are there with air brakes.

and what it has to do with this thread lol..?
why bringing JF-17 here..?:what:
Leave thunders alone over mirages and f-7s are good enough for intruding sukhois ;)
A thunder connected with awacs will surely take care of mki entering in lahore sargodha sialkot or multan or even karachi

Leave thunders alone over mirages and f-7s are good enough for intruding sukhois ;)
A thunder connected with awacs will surely take care of mki entering in lahore sargodha sialkot or multan or even karachi

F-7s and mirages?Oh really?:coffee:
I applaud your genius judgement.
Welcome to the forum.

W
F-7s and mirages?Oh really?:coffee:
I applaud your genius judgement.
Welcome to the forum.
Well it was just a joke for Indians but I guess the might have some chances in wvr combat...
Wvr is most likely coz india wants to do some surgical strikes

We

Wel tejas has enough stuff to make fun of itself n paf won't feel threatened until it is flying in sky brother..

Would the 2 pilot requirement of the Su-30 MKI be a problem in a real war? It effectively takes up 2 planes (pilots) per 1 plane, and we all know 1 thing: planes can be replaced in days, pilots can't.
It's a pilot and an operator. Any one can give me an insight whether the airmen has sufficient training to interchange the roles. We follow the philosophy that two operators participating on a mission is more productive and less distraction. New fighter jets with sensor fusion for more situational awareness would reduce this model. Basically we want to operate a mini awacs but doesn't have advanced avionics like in AEW&C and the air force would be aware of what they achieved with this model.

Su 30 MKI will get AESA radar,reduction of RCS by a great deal and highly advanced electronics & also replacement of the Sura K HMS with Topsight E HMS.
Reduction of RCS requires atleast requires structural modifications and with out which using RCS reduction coatings would not be effective and waste of money and maintenance hours. Avionics and engine Russians can help. Also they could help with minor structural modifications in future. Computers and sensor fusion we need to work with SAAB to enhance the information fusion and presentation to the pilot and operator. It's not easy for an industrial complex like us to acquire that knowledge quickly and make it reliable. Situational awareness would be a major decisive factor to escape from an enemy or plan a kill. DRDO needs to concentrate more on that now. I am sure they know that but pouring funds and focusing energy would be a huge advantage.

They said Typhoon the next generation compare to Su-30MKI

British Typhoons whacked India's Sukhois in joint exercises'
Submitted by admin4 on 24 July 2011 - 2:32pm
By N.C. Bipindra, IANS,

RAF Fairford (Britain) : Britain's frontline fighter jet Eurofighter Typhoon, shortlisted for India's $10.4-billion combat jets tender, whacked the Indian Air Force (IAF) warhorse Sukhoi in one-on-one dog fights during bilateral air war games, if Britain's air chief is to be believed.

"Well, they lost," was Stephen Dalton's response when IANS asked how the Russia-developed India-manufactured Su-30MKI air superiority jets performed against the Royal Air Force's (RAF) Typhoons when they matched their wits during the joint exercises in recent years.

However, he was quick to add that the two aircraft are different in technologies, and that Typhoons are next generation, and hence there is no comparison.

Dalton was interacting with IANS at the recently held Royal International Air Tattoo military air show at the RAF base here.

The two aircraft were pitted against each other during 'Indradhanush' exercises in 2007 at Waddington in Britain and in 2010 at Kalaikunda in India.

Interestingly, the IAF had claimed in 2007 that Sukhoi's performance against Typhoon had convinced the RAF of its superiority. "The RAF pilots were candid in their admission of the Su-30 MKI's observed superior manoeuvring in the air, just as they had studied, prepared and anticipated," an Indian defence ministry release had said during the July 2007 Indradhanush.

It was, however, fair to Typhoon, saying the IAF pilots were impressed with its agility in the air.

Dalton was also all praise for the IAF for training its pilots to put any aircraft they fly to best use.

"The issue is you are comparing technology and people. So, more often than not, technology can give you a great edge, a great lead. But actually it is always the people (behind the machines) who make the difference at the end of the day," he said.

"It is not just how the aircraft did in the air. It is also about how the individual thinks, how they work, and their willingness to develop and to experiment.

"I have always found the IAF to be extremely good. Yes, technology is a significant element, but also the individual is really important in this," he added.

Dalton also indicated that the IAF inventory of Sukhois, MiGs and Mirages are no match to the Typhoons.

"Nothing that India has got is anything anywhere near this (the Typhoon). I would say that absolutely. This airplane is phenomenally different in both performance and technology in anything they (IAF) got right now," he said.

But, he added, it was not criticism, as Typhoon is the product of next generation technology.

"I would say the IAF crew that I have worked with and seen are every bit as clever as any other air crew in the world, and in many cases better. It is all about the man as the machine that they operate," he added.

Dalton said the cooperation between the RAF and the IAF will continue, as Britain valued this relationship. "IAF has a lot of experience and I would like to suck that out and use it, quite frankly," he added.
Indian fanboys exaggerates SU 30 MKI capability compared to British Typhoon. But in general Indian airforce may have displayed better fighting capability because of two crew man with separate roles. Typhoon has better engines, avionics, RCS reduction in design and basic sensor fusion and this may have given them and edge. Once SU 30 MKI gets better avionics and engines they might perform better. It's my analysis but I am not sure, what do you think?

You again call other as idiot @Horus is this guy suitable for discussion or not?

Let anyone see your latest J16 or J11D and what they will find is a Sukhoi based airframe.
Plus China continue to order Russian engines and AA, anti-radar missiles for those.

Then let see Su35 would be the new in the buying list

Russia has no 5th gen stealth, so China changed to clone American F-22.
Show anyone your J20 or J31, what they will find a clone of F-22 or F35
J-10 ? Do you mean Israeli Lavi ?
The airframe is not an exact replica but following American aircraft. Any new stealth aircraft follows some improved designs taken from American aircraft as they tested and developed advanced designs. Every country will follows those design principles and nobody can deny basic laws of physics. China is following the American model J20 in place of F22 and J30 for F 35. What they can't perfect or produce is the engine technology which is advanced and they have long way to catch up with American and the entire West. Sensor fusion Americans lead and quality of sensors American and Europeans lead. China is producing proven and worked out designs from Russians and fitted them with Russian engines or their derivatives still long way to go and it won't happen anywhere near a decade. Radars may be they has access to GaNa modules but does they have sufficient expertise to make them advanced radars. Even this tuning and making software for radars Russians, Europeans and Americans have lots of expertise than Chinese and again it will take more time. On paper local AESA radars makes good on planes but functionality we can't comment.

China needs Russian radars, engines to test their own equipment and for risk free operational defense. Why would China buy S 400 if their new defense systems are comparable. I am not denying China is not capable of but others have accumulated more data and knowledge than budding Chinese defense manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom