What's new

J-10 might not needed as they don't add anything to PAF's capability

Experts tend to say that even though Su35 is less expensive than Rafaeles and typhoon but over an extended period of time it costs a lot more due to maintenance and according to some indian sources sub par build quality.

Typhoons would be amazing/ideal but Pakistan cannot afford something like that and also Spain, Germany and UK would never allow such a sale to go through. Even then I'm hoping theres a miracle and we end up getting 5 squadrons! Btw theres Gripen too.

Then Gripen would be an excellent choice.
Bloody Swedes...

with the emerges of JF-17 Block-III the necessity of Gripen/Gripen E/F gone . If Pakistan wants t add another fighter type, that should be more powerful then JF-17 block III or F-16 Block 52 .

An old but interesting analysis by Rex Mutero- quora.

Don’t let prices fool you. If a Chinese product looks cheaper it doesn't mean its inferior. Chinese products are cheaper because costs of producing them are low compared to developed countries such as USA.

What do we know about the J 17 thunder export name FC1 ?

1. It doesn't bleed speed when turning. That is a big plus in a dogfight.
  2. Climb rate is 249 m/sec (climbs faster than the Gripen)
  3. G limit is 8.5
  4. Can achieve sustained turn rate of 18-20 degrees per second and 30 degrees per second instantaneous turn rate a big plus.
Since the F 22 is stealth when being approached from the front by enemy fighter jets (x band radars) F 22 pilots must not be complacent because the J17 has BVR capability strong enough to detect (RCS) of 5 m2 at ≥ 105 km in look-up mode and ≥ 85 km in look-down mode.

In conclusion fighter jets are now platforms for electronics. What you can put on a F 22 can also be put on a J 17 (jamming pods , irist. aesa radar, helmet mounted system, targeting pods e.t.c)

with the emerges of JF-17 Block-III the necessity of Gripen/Gripen E/F gone . If Pakistan wants t add another fighter type, that should be more powerful then JF-17 block III or F-16 Block 52 .

What does "powerful" mean?!

Why not put the money on JF-17?

You keep drooling over JF17 whilst India inducts Rafaeles!

Even JF17 block 3 doesnt equate to Gripens by any stretch of the imagination ffs!

What does "powerful" mean?!

You keep drooling over JF17 whilst India inducts Rafaeles!

Even JF17 block 3 doesnt equate to Gripens by any stretch of the imagination ffs!

Powerful means it could be either next generation fighter or fighter like SU-35 or it's Chinese cousin J-11/16 etc.

Power of the engine is the least of the concern in modern warfare---. It is your EW package and missiles that do the talking---.

We need twin engine aircraft to patrol our maritime boundaries which may involve flying 50-100 KM from the coast. The twin engine becomes indispensable in long range maritime patrols. India has powerful navy we need long range strike fighter that can fire missiles against aircraft carriers, ships, submarines and fighter aircrafts.

Experts tend to say that even though Su35 is less expensive than Rafaeles and typhoon but over an extended period of time it costs a lot more due to maintenance and according to some indian sources sub par build quality.

Typhoons would be amazing/ideal but Pakistan cannot afford something like that and also Spain, Germany and UK would never allow such a sale to go through. Even then I'm hoping theres a miracle and we end up getting 5 squadrons! Btw theres Gripen too.

Then Gripen would be an excellent choice.
Bloody Swedes...

Su-35 does not appear to be as high-cost maintenance item as Su-30. But, YES, it needs to be thoroughly vetted before considering it.

I don't think UK or Spain would be a problem. Germany has a different attitude to things. Overall, arms industries are powerful. They'll convince their governments if you show them enough cash. I don't know what options PAF would go for in the future but we still need a qualitative Western fighter (aside F-16) in our fleet.

Your understanding of Balance of Power in the region is different than the US understanding ....
Someday someone is going to have to explain me 'the US understanding'.

Indian is the preferable power of the region ....
Well, if that's the case...i'm certainly glad that i'm on the side that took that preferable power and shoved 'em down the trash chute.

An old but interesting analysis by Rex Mutero- quora.

Don’t let prices fool you. If a Chinese product looks cheaper it doesn't mean its inferior. Chinese products are cheaper because costs of producing them are low compared to developed countries such as USA.

What do we know about the J 17 thunder export name FC1 ?

1. It doesn't bleed speed when turning. That is a big plus in a dogfight.
  2. Climb rate is 249 m/sec (climbs faster than the Gripen)
  3. G limit is 8.5
  4. Can achieve sustained turn rate of 18-20 degrees per second and 30 degrees per second instantaneous turn rate a big plus.
Since the F 22 is stealth when being approached from the front by enemy fighter jets (x band radars) F 22 pilots must not be complacent because the J17 has BVR capability strong enough to detect (RCS) of 5 m2 at ≥ 105 km in look-up mode and ≥ 85 km in look-down mode.

In conclusion fighter jets are now platforms for electronics. What you can put on a F 22 can also be put on a J 17 (jamming pods , irist. aesa radar, helmet mounted system, targeting pods e.t.c)

Hi,

A potent EW warfare package has a power projection of its own---.

In this conflict---the PAF was at least 100 4th gen aircraft short ---.

So---for those " superstars and very clever and very intelligent and very smart people " who screamed that the J10 does not bring anything extra---for your information---it brings the EXTRA NUMBERS that were needed very much

I do not know if you kids can understand the difference between the firepower of 20 artillery pieces or those of 50 artillery pieces at the same time---.

Any concept of that " smart people "---.

We need twin engine aircraft to patrol our maritime boundaries which may involve flying 50-100 KM from the coast. The twin engine becomes indispensable in long range maritime patrols. India has powerful navy we need long range strike fighter that can fire missiles against aircraft carriers, ships, submarines and fighter aircrafts.

JH7A's

Hi,

A potent EW warfare package has a power projection of its own---.

In this conflict---the PAF was at least 100 4th gen aircraft short ---.

So---for those " superstars and very clever and very intelligent and very smart people " who screamed that the J10 does not bring anything extra---for your information---it brings the EXTRA NUMBERS that were needed very much

I do not know if you kids can understand the difference between the firepower of 20 artillery pieces or those of 50 artillery pieces at the same time---.

Any concept of that " smart people "---.

JH7A's

J-10C is if nothing else a new airframe thats in the class of of a Block 52 F-16 and which would allow the Mirages to be retired.

Isn't that a benefit in itself?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom