What's new

J-10 might not needed as they don't add anything to PAF's capability

Advantages of J-10 for PAF.

J-10C could be considered as JF-17 Block III on steroids. PAF must upgrade it's 85 F-16 to new F-16V standard. Instead of J-10C we can consider Shenyang J-16 twin-engine, twin-seat multi-role fighter has reportedly been upgraded with a radar-absorbent coating, which could be used in Naval roles to patrol Pakistan's territorial waters and defend Karachi and Gwadar as J-16 also has anti-ship missiles. Only downside is that it has been speculated that the J-16's WS-10 engines lack sufficient power for the aircraft and that an engine upgrade will be needed to allow the J-16 to meet its design potential.

Paf should go for 3 squadron su35 , for gawadar and maritime role . Our threat spectrum is extended now , we need jets which can access isreal and for israel u need Non nato weapon system . Israel is now in direct conflict with Paksitan .Missile attack shld be the D day option . We should have air assets whoch can pose threat to israel .
Military agreement with palestinian state with deployment of military assets their wld be needed next 5 to 10 years .

We need to consider future attack threats. Cruise missiles and stand off munitions. A SAM or AAA system that is precise enough to hit a launched bomb or missile is the most urgent need. Remember the spice bombs got to Balakot even if the missed.

Our existing fleet of F16 + JF17b3 + enhanced SAM and AAA is needed.

J-10C is like "shaadi ka ladu." You will regret it if you eat it, you will regret it if you don't.

As I have said before, air forces don't just need a punch, they also need prestige. PAF needs something that not only brings confidence to its pilots but also raises fear in the opponent. F-16 does that right now but we need its replacement in mid to long term. Does J-10C offer both punch & prestige? This question needs to be answered first. The good options that come to mind are Typhoon and Su-35. But something tells me we will end up buying J-10C.

PAF already knows the capabilities of J-10C & J-11b as both were present during the Shaheen VII exercise. And PAF will decide the future aircraft to be procured on the basis of its capabilities and low maintenance cost.

J-10C is like "shaadi ka ladu." You will regret it if you eat it, you will regret it if you don't.

As I have said before, air forces don't just need a punch, they also need prestige. PAF needs something that not only brings confidence to its pilots but also raises fear in the opponent. F-16 does that right now but we need its replacement in mid to long term. Does J-10C offer both punch & prestige? This question needs to be answered first. The good options that come to mind are Typhoon and Su-35. But something tells me we will end up buying J-10C.
IMO, if PAF can upgrade its F-16s and buy new or second-hand ones, there is no need to consider another "F-16V"- J-10C.

JF-17 will be the last 4+ generation fighter which PAF will operate. forget about J-10c or F16v

And how likely it is that the USA will allow this upgrade?
If we keep past experience in mind and US policy of Balance of Power in the region no F-16V upgrades to our existing F-16 fleet would be offered till the time either Pakistan have somewhat similar system in this category which mean AESA Radar and integrated EW package fighter aircraft or Indian get the same in large numbers, so its premature discussion but not totally irrelevant.

PAF must upgrade it's 85 F-16 to new F-16V standard. Instead of J-10C we can consider Shenyang J-16 twin-engine...
You mean the 76. To date we've lost 9 since they entered service in the 80's.

The J-10B/C have always been on the conversation block, but I don't think anyone in the PAF has taken any real interest in the J-11/J-16.
Paf should go for 3 squadron su35.
I've said it countless times in the past. No matter how much one may think that Pakistan is in good terms with Russia, at the end of the day - they're in bed with the enemy and that will always be a barrier. With the US its all about Politics...and Money. But Russia is all about loyalty, especially when it comes to India.
The good options that come to mind are Typhoon and Su-35. But something tells me we will end up buying J-10C.
Typhoon... I'd rather settle for those used Mirage 2000's from Qatar.

Personally, this is (my) personal Wishlist - realistic version (not the Gripen, Rafale, MiG-35 version).

1. F-16/F-21 Block 70 - and that ain't happening
2. Used F-16's (which can later be upgraded to Viper)
3. Let all hell break loose & we go for the J-10C's

JF 17 has a much better record of safety. 1 or 2 Jf 17 has crash till date. On the other and 9 to 10 J10 feel down in just two years of span. J 10 is an Aerodynamic disaster . Pakistan has made a right choice by going for JF 17. Pakistan can we equip JF 17 with some good quality of Radar and BVR.

If we keep past experience in mind and US policy of Balance of Power in the region no F-16V upgrades to our existing F-16 fleet would be offered till the time either Pakistan have somewhat similar system in this category which mean AESA Radar and integrated EW package fighter aircraft or Indian get the same in large numbers, so its premature discussion but not totally irrelevant.

I have already stated that to all the little boys and girls but no one gets it.

I have already stated that to all the little boys and girls but no one gets it.
Brilliant, those Rafales carry the RBE2 AA (AESA) with a range of 200km.

So much for Balance of Power in the region...

Brilliant, those Rafales carry the RBE2 AA (AESA) with a range of 200km.

So much for Balance of Power in the region...

Can't win with the US bro simple as that its there way or the highway … simple as that.

J-10C could be considered as JF-17 Block III on steroids. PAF must upgrade it's 85 F-16 to new F-16V standard. Instead of J-10C we can consider Shenyang J-16 twin-engine, twin-seat multi-role fighter has reportedly been upgraded with a radar-absorbent coating, which could be used in Naval roles to patrol Pakistan's territorial waters and defend Karachi and Gwadar as J-16 also has anti-ship missiles. Only downside is that it has been speculated that the J-16's WS-10 engines lack sufficient power for the aircraft and that an engine upgrade will be needed to allow the J-16 to meet its design potential.

Hi,

We have to learn something from the 27th feb episode---.

Power of the engine is the least of the concern in modern warfare---. It is your EW package and missiles that do the talking---.

Last edited:

Experts tend to say that even though Su35 is less expensive than Rafaeles and typhoon but over an extended period of time it costs a lot more due to maintenance and according to some indian sources sub par build quality.

Typhoons would be amazing/ideal but Pakistan cannot afford something like that and also Spain, Germany and UK would never allow such a sale to go through. Even then I'm hoping theres a miracle and we end up getting 5 squadrons! Btw theres Gripen too.

Hi,

You have learnt nothing from the 27th feb episode---.

Power of the engine is the least of the concern in modern warfare---. It is your EW package and missiles that do the talking---.
Then Gripen would be an excellent choice.
Bloody Swedes...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom