What's new

J-10 might not needed as they don't add anything to PAF's capability

J-10C is if nothing else a new airframe thats in the class of of a Block 52 F-16 and which would allow the Mirages to be retired.

Isn't that a benefit in itself?

Hi,

It absolutely is---. We can only produce " so many " JF17's at one time---but our need is of " so many times 2 "---.

To fill that hole---the J10C is a must---because our enemy has proven that war can happen any moment---.

Plus---a different machine has its own FEAR / CONCERN FACTOR---.

Last edited:
The new JH-7B is in production now. J-10C is mostly JF-17 Block III in overdrive. It is better to upgrade all our F16s and add twin engine long range J-16B.
1. JH-7B was given up due to J-16.
2. J-16 is not for export.

I am wondering why JH-7B go for the export route? China will able to export a huge twin engine warplane and PAF can added a few capabilities.

I am wondering why JH-7B go for the export route? China will able to export a huge twin engine warplane and PAF can added a few capabilities.
There was JH-7E in Zhuhai Airshow 2018.

Clearly, J-11, J-15, and J-16 copies of the Russian Flankers that China cannot export. Russia has tolerated China making illegal copies for domestic use but probably exports are prohibited.

Hio,

Let me share something young man---. Any weapon and weapons system that is in chinese arsenal---is available to pakistan---if and when pakistan desires it---.

Just because pakistan does not show outrageous demands on public forums does not mean it is not available---.

Pak military only asks for something that it can utilize to its maximum---because it understands that its own reputation is based on the usage of the equipment---and also the reputation of the chinese weapons is also based on that usage---.

The quiet in the chinese defense indutry after the 27th feb is only on the surface---the quiet in the Plaaf after the 27th is only on the surface---.

The resulting shock waves of the success of chinese weaponry and EW suite on 27th feb has an eye popping effect at the manufacturer of JF17---the SD10's---the KLJ radars & are still reverbrating in those complexes---.

Air forces of the world are wondering at what monstrosity has the Paf unleashed on the enemy---the enemy that they were betting on to take china---.

Now the weapons manufacturers of those nations are in a quandry except for France---. They are wondering---if we sell them weapons and our weapons fail---no one would buy our weapons---.

They are also concerned at what the Plaaf has learnt from the Paf---.

See---the relationship between pakistan and china is not the same as of feb 26th---feb 27th has just completely changed the scenario---.

Plaaf would give its right and left nut to Paf to try and test its most modern weapons against the mutual enemy---. Nowhere else does Plaaf has the opportunity like that---. Defense contractors die for position like that---.

Su-35 does not appear to be as high-cost maintenance item as Su-30. But, YES, it needs to be thoroughly vetted before considering it.

I don't think UK or Spain would be a problem. Germany has a different attitude to things. Overall, arms industries are powerful. They'll convince their governments if you show them enough cash. I don't know what options PAF would go for in the future but we still need a qualitative Western fighter (aside F-16) in our fleet.
In future there will be just
Su-35 does not appear to be as high-cost maintenance item as Su-30. But, YES, it needs to be thoroughly vetted before considering it.

I don't think UK or Spain would be a problem. Germany has a different attitude to things. Overall, arms industries are powerful. They'll convince their governments if you show them enough cash. I don't know what options PAF would go for in the future but we still need a qualitative Western fighter (aside F-16) in our fleet.
What about Russian Supply Chain? Why are approx. Half of Indian Sukhois grounded at any time? Why do Chinese have reservations regarding availability and quality of spare parts?!

Isnt it better to have jets that arent on "bistar e marg" half the time?! This even more important for PAF who will, IF it procures them, will be in small numbers.

Why do you overestimate Gripen?
J-10A defeated Thailand's Gripen C/D from BVR to WVR in 2017. And Gripen E is too expensive to its size.

"Defeated"?!
Due you know the ROEs for the exercise? How do you if they were not operating under any handicaps?!

Fighter jet tol kar aur naap kar nah khareede jate.

Before you respond, i give up! You are right

Pakistan and China can develop a twin engine fighter based on J-16/SU-35 design, not sure how Russia will react to it.

Pakistan and China can develop a twin engine fighter based on J-16/SU-35 design, not sure how Russia will react to it.
J-16 is dual-seat fighter for multirole, while Su-35 is single-seat fighter for air superiority. So, what do you want the new fighter to be?

Single seater fighter like SU-35

img-893be0c37b597a78199dfe3de8576225.jpg

I think J-11D wil be the one that you want. But China looks like to have given up the J-11D, and buys a small number of Su-35, before J-20 is in mass production.

Back
Top Bottom