What's new

J-10 might not needed as they don't add anything to PAF's capability

Buy agile French Mirage 2009 than J10s :

UAE has 67 mirage-2000 (including 32 Mirage 2000-9)
Qatar 12 Mirage 2000
brazil has 12 Mirage 2000c/b
France 18 Mirage 2000-5 (for sale)

Without a doubt J-10C is very capable platform but it will be costly and it will required more investment to setup, support and training compare to mirage 2000-9.

We need to replace F-7 (139 in inventory) and 160 Mirage iii/v before 2025. That is 300 PAF Aircrafts require immediate replacement as they are retiring. Find a quick way out to cover all different roles of different platforms.

You just copy and pasted what I posted earlier.

Japanese Air Cheif was in Pak two months ago I was surprised it was unusual visit.

SouthEAST Asian country... which is not us because we are South Asian or Middle Eastern country depending on who and for what is categorizing.

Most likely they are referring to South Korea (who operates F15s), or may be Malaysia in order to counter Chinese influence.
I don't think Korea nor Vietnam Singapore I don't think kSA they buying new F15 India I. Don't think so what else left? Pak may be Japanese Air Cheif s visit may be in that context who knows? But it was very unusual visit for me.

What so mysterious about that south Asian country??? If it was Korea article can mention that who gonna oppose that transfer ?

The Air Force want's more F-16's why's that so hard for ya'll to get
If we get these planes they r father of F16s and have same engine won't be issue to maintain them.

I think he simply hopes to get it for cheap and believed that Pakistan can built their own Flanker! :rofl:

Some guys are indeed unbelievable :crazy:
You think only u are genius while others are fools.. He simply want to ask if you stopped that project let us try on it... As we all know current JF-17 was also once a failed project . Nothing bad in trying.. . And nothing bad asking some thing on a public forum... You are an intl mod here and behave like a mod rather then an Arrogant kid

Japanese Air Cheif was in Pak two months ago I was surprised it was unusual visit.

I don't think Korea nor Vietnam Singapore I don't think kSA they buying new F15 India I. Don't think so what else left? Pak may be Japanese Air Cheif s visit may be in that context who knows? But it was very unusual visit for me.

I am thinking along the same lines but seems too good to be true.

The article mentions that Japan is going to give the planes to US who will then offer it to another country maybe after stripping it off some valuable equipment.

IF they are offered how long can they be flown i.e. the airframe life?

Anyways dont want to read too much into it.

You think only u are genius while others are fools.. He simply want to ask if you stopped that project let us try on it... As we all know current JF-17 was also once a failed project . Nothing bad in trying.. . And nothing bad asking some thing on a public forum... You are an intl mod here and behave like a mod rather then an Arrogant kid

No I'm not a genius, but I think at least one with a bit of common sense and rational consideration.

So please enlighten me, how possible is it that Pakistan, with exactly ZERO insight into any Flanker, with no production capability of this type and even less its uprated avionics system "can try" to continue its development on its own?

That even more would require China's agreement to transfer nearly everything on data on the J-11D including engines and systems ...

So, if my 3-year old son tells me "dad, you are no longer driving our car today, let's give me a try and I'll continue driving" and I'll refuse is being arrogant, then You are indeed correct.

No I'm not a genius, but I think at least one with a bit of common sense and rational consideration.

So please enlighten me, how possible is it that Pakistan, with exactly ZERO insight into any Flanker, with no production capability of this type and even less its uprated avionics system "can try" to continue its development on its own?

That even more would require China's agreement to transfer nearly everything on data on the J-11D including engines and systems ...

So, if my 3-year old son tells me "dad, you are no longer driving our car today, let's give me a try and I'll continue driving" and I'll refuse is being arrogant, then You are indeed correct.
Mate you again digging too deeply .. We are on a military forum so if anyone saying like this " let us try" he means joint venture like JF-17 ....His statement makes me laugh too but again this is an open forum, every one is not mature & genius like you.. Dont take newbies too serious..

Mate you again digging too deeply .. We are on a military forum so if anyone saying like this " let us try" he means joint venture like JF-17 ....His statement makes me laugh too but again this is an open forum, every one is not mature & genius like you.. Dont take newbies too serious..
I think what @Deino says has merit. This is indeed a defence forum but we expect contributors to have a little baseline knowledge. People here are blissfully unaware of the technicalities involved in building a fighter plane. Even for the US it takes a good 15 years of testing and evaluation and modification before they come out with a new plane. You cannot recreate someone else's idea due to patenting laws and going on your own with broad design parameters is going to be cost prohibitive. Then there are issues with enough man power and training to actually achieve this. Then on top you literally do not have any metallurgical know how and setup.
These points have been repeated so many times it has become embarrassing to keep repeating it again and again. Then you inform people and they either ignore you or keep arguing like little children. It really gets boring after a little while.
You dont realize why serious posters get demotivated because of some young kid who wants to argue a point or abuse a poster just because of a matter of fact remark.
I am only relating this to you as we have lost people of fairly senior ranks due to the nonserious attitude of posters on this forum.
The rest is upto you to believe or disbelieve. I have been here since 2006 but at times get so irritated with post that have been written under the influence of refined charas or bhang( honestly they are so ridiculous sometimes!!!)that are as far from reality as is Mars.
Anyways keep on posting!
Kind regards
A

Last edited:
I am thinking along the same lines but seems too good to be true.

The article mentions that Japan is going to give the planes to US who will then offer it to another country maybe after stripping it off some valuable equipment.

IF they are offered how long can they be flown i.e. the airframe life?

Anyways dont want to read too much into it.

I read it somewhere the US National Guards F-15 has flown nearly 20,000 Hours. Thats pretty darn impressive.

over the years since I joined this forum. not musch was discussed about the induction of strike specific aircraft.
our current strike aircraft are old and also doesn't have much payload. may be J 10 can give us something in that regard.

personally I believe that JF 17 and Project AZAM will b our future force but we will need a good strike platform. which can also be used in specific roles such as electronic attack/countermeasures etc.

and J 10 C could fill that gap or some other type with bigger payload.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom