What's new

It's Official: Indian Navy Wants 57 Carrier-borne Fighters.

monitor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
It’s Official: Indian Navy Wants 57 Carrier-borne Fighters
Shiv Aroor Jan 25 2017 6 21 pm
DSC_0260-709202.jpg

It’s been in the air for two years now. And now it’s formal. The Indian Navy wants new fighter jets for its aircraft carriers. Today, the navy’s planning wing has published a request for information to support the purchase of 57 Multi-Role Carrier Borne Fighters (MRCBF) for its aircraft carriers.

So the Season of breakings is back again :D doesn't matter what Indian air force wishes or not , coz the power of procurement rests with the Indian govt .

P:S breaking! I want an isla nebular with not so cloned t- rex and raptors of my own. @~Phoenix~ won't it be good for you if I hire you as a resident hunter of the island :partay:

So the Season of breakings is back again :D doesn't matter what Indian air force wishes or not , coz the power of procurement rests with the Indian govt .

P:S breaking! I want an isla nebular with not so cloned t- rex and raptors of my own :partay:

And Indian Navy rejected Tejas already.

what about Tejas bhaijan...

Did Navy reject Tejas??

F/A-18 E/F and Rafale M will compete with each other..

Tejas will come back to the IN in the form of Mk-2 sometime next decade, no worries there.

So the line up just got deadlier with either the SH or Rafale-M or who knowns even the F-35C in play, either way not so good for Pak.

Tejas will come back to the IN in the form of Mk-2 sometime next decade, no worries there.

So the line up just got deadlier with either the SH or Rafale-M or who knowns even the F-35C in play, either way not so good for Pak.
Rightly correct... All of them are talking abt a prototype rather than worry what is actually been procured

And Indian Navy rejected Tejas already.

I know you are a troll here trying your best to derail the thread.

But through you I would like to clarify things about Tejas and NAVY to all.

Navy had placed orders for " 6 Prototypes " , which includes " 2 MK1 for initial Testings and TD and 4 MK2 for later developments and operational processes under Advanced Trainer , Coastal Duties and Light Multi utility Roles from Aircraft Carrier. "

2 MK1 , 1 Twin and 1 Single Seater was built and delivered for TD processes.

Later a question popped up to Indian Navy about using MK1 on board Aircraft Carriers , to which Navy replied no , as its overweight or under powered.

And it was no surprises, or setback for LCA program as this is what was decided from day 1. The MK1 was never intended to serve on board.

The Navy didn't reject MK1 , rather stated what were the plans from day 1.

As and when the prototypes for MK2 are delivered , tests would resume.

Well it certainly won't be the Tejas. They'll have to buy them from someone else.
what about Tejas bhaijan...

Did Navy reject Tejas??

F/A-18 E/F and Rafale M will compete with each other..

Rightly correct... All of them are talking abt a prototype rather than worry what is actually been procured
Moreso, the LCA will continue it's tests on the Carriers and STBF, it provides much needed test data and allows improvements on the MK-2

It’s Official: Indian Navy Wants 57 Carrier-borne Fighters
Shiv Aroor Jan 25 2017 6 21 pm
DSC_0260-709202.jpg

It’s been in the air for two years now. And now it’s formal. The Indian Navy wants new fighter jets for its aircraft carriers. Today, the navy’s planning wing has published a request for information to support the purchase of 57 Multi-Role Carrier Borne Fighters (MRCBF) for its aircraft carriers.

Its Rafale M for sure. 57 Rafale M .
This also confirms that an Improved IAC 1 is planned before the Nuclear Powred IAC 2.

Also the delivered for Rafale M are surely to take some time, we can say that Navy would go on for the in contract follow on order for Mig29K , around 17-25.

It would be Rafale M only as it can only operate from STOBAR config. Because as the IAC 2 construction won't start any soon , we can assume pretty safely , its for INS Vikrant and a planned sister ship on lines of Improved INS Vikrant before INS Vishal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom