What's new

It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat

People in Pakistan are weird. I've seen people talk vehemently about parda and stuff but when they talk to a hijabi they can't take their eyes off the tits. This happened in a professional workspace. How about that. Wonder what they'll do to a tank top girl.

Ev

@krash you deleted my post and gave me a warning for calling him a munafiq and where in hell munafiq will be, yet when he says i am committing a shirk while having a no idea what shirk is, why is his accusation post not deleted? Whats up with selective justice?
@AgNoStiC MuSliM

You did not get warned for calling anyone a munafiq. You can call anyone a hypocrite all you want. You did then send him straight to hell which is a personal attack, as clearly explained in the soft-warning.

As far as selective justice is concerned, I don't know either of you enough to have formed any selective biases or care. Best you use the report function for any posts that you find are unacceptable.

For any further reservations or escalation please raise the issue at the appropriate thread and section.

Wow ....a new philosopher in the town :rofl:
BTW!! what's her claim to fame and academic background?
To me, she appears to be an actress / model but appearances can be often deceptive.
Well, where are you ??????????????

Best case scenario is state does it other wise people will.
You remind me of someone.. Yeah that mulls of Lal masjid who tried to escape in a burqa.. Taking practice what you preach to whole another level...

In the time of Umar Ibn Khattab, Islam was the Authority just like in his predecessor Abu Bakr , and his successor Uthman and Ali ( RA to All ) . Umar RA was never hold's the authority in the matter of which Quran and Sunnah speaks, he himself once said if I made a decision which contradict with the Quran or Teaching of Muhammad SAW that the fault is in me not in Islam .

Therein lies your solution. If you want Islamic society, implement shariah and Islamic governance. Slut shaming won't fix anything.

You did not get warned for calling anyone a munafiq. You can call anyone a hypocrite all you want. You did then send him straight to hell which is a personal attack, as clearly explained in the soft-warning.

As far as selective justice is concerned, I don't know either of you enough to have formed any selective biases or care. Best you use the report function for any posts that you find are unacceptable.

For any further reservations or escalation please raise the issue at the appropriate thread and section.
Fair enough.. I didn't know that bozo was calling others mushriq, munafiq libtard and what not.. While simultaneously using the Report button when others replied.. Well thats classic definition of Munafiq and Munafiqs will surely go to hell.. That's not my opinion that's a fact..

To all my Muslim brothers and sisters, I am sorry if I got out of line. I dont intend to harm anyone or anyones feelings, I just get riled up with the fact these same people who want nudeness to spread, women to wear tight trousers, women to reveal their private parts, they expect to go everything against what I believe in and make a mockery of it and turn the society into where plagues happen, famine occurs, and than come around and expect me to be the tolerant and accepting of them and their choices. They want me to have my little children in public places while they are having sex in the cars, while they are smooching up in the parking lot. Let me tell you one thing, its not going to be like that! You keep pushing your luck in Pakistan and things will turn out for the worst.

All Im asking is there be modesty in our Islamic Country. Why are these people so riled up in the name of Islam, its like some people have brainwashed them into thinking Islam is a problem and not a solution. They think Islam causes heinous attacks. Im not surprised that people like that exist in Pakistan but they will be surprised to find out, there are many other people who wont accept and condone undecency in our Country, not today not tomorrow and not till the day of judgement!

Fair enough.. I didn't know that bozo was calling others mushriq, munafiq libtard and what not.. While simultaneously using the Report button when others replied.. Well thats classic definition of Munafiq and Munafiqs will surely go to hell.. That's not my opinion that's a fact..

Hypocrits will definitely go to Hell.

When you are busy portraying women as items and their semi nude photos and those who do it are given medals don't cry because sex related crimes are bound to rise in society. Secondly Amar Bil Maruf Nahi Anil Munkar is duty of every Muslim and most importantly of state and if state will fail to do its job it would create a vacuum which would get filled by people like Khadim Rizvi and other militant groups. This crap can't be allowed plain and simple and has to be stopped. Best case scenario is state does it other wise people will.

Read these conditions for Amar Bil Maruf Nahi Anil Munkar.

https://seekersguidance.org/answers/hanafi-fiqh/the-criteria-of-enjoining-good-and-forbidding-evil/

The Mullah gardi we see in Pakistan does not fit the criteria of the sunnah and the method of the awliya.

You say "people will stop it" but frankly what auqat do people have to do so? Barely 30% of this country are matric pass. The jahil awam has no credibility to preach the deen of Allah. The responsibility is upon the knowledgeable - Google does not qualify people as knowledgeable.

These people are disrespecting Islam and mocking the pure Religion. Lucky, Im only calling them libtards.
No one in the discussion I’ve been involved in so far has disrespected Islam or mocked religion.

Quote the post where that has occurred.

Regardless of whether you think religion was mocked or disrespected, the forum rules do not allow personal attacks and abuse. Report the post if you have concerns.

All Im asking is there be modesty in our Islamic Country.
That’s not the subject of discussion in this thread.

Let me reiterate - the thread is about Mehwish Hayat’s comments that clothing worn by a woman does not justify sexual assault or harassment of any kind.

This has nothing to do with whether Islam allows XYZ.

Do you agree or disagree that clothing justifies sexual assault or harassment of ANY kind?

Hypocrits will definitely go to Hell.
Indeed.. Still you have chance to change that.. This is blessed month of Ramzan, Repent, Do Toba study the meanings of Shirk, study Islam and the message of Peace and Tolerance it brings.. Allah is all merciful I am sure he will listen to you.. Jazak Allah..

No one in the discussion I’ve been involved in so far has disrespected Islam or mocked religion.

Quote the post where that has occurred.

Regardless of whether you think religion was mocked or disrespected, the forum rules do not allow personal attacks and abuse. Report the post if you have concerns.

That’s not the subject of discussion in this thread.

Let me reiterate - the thread is about Mehwish Hayat’s comments that clothing worn by a woman does not justify sexual assault or harassment of any kind.

This has nothing to do with whether Islam allows XYZ.

Do you agree or disagree that clothing justifies sexual assault or harassment of ANY kind?

Difference is what kind of clothes? Bikinis, bras, no clothes.

Different circumstances invite different approaches.

You mean like judging people on whether they are good Muslims or Muslims at all?

Like judging people for the kinda of clothes they wear?

Not judging, trying to Protect my own culture.

You mean like judging people on whether they are good Muslims or Muslims at all?

Like judging people for the kinda of clothes they wear?
That's not the definition of Shirk.. He is ill-informed just bragging non sense...

Difference is what kind of clothes? Bikinis, bras, no clothes.

Different circumstances invited different approaches.
It doesn’t matter.

A woman could be naked - but unless she willingly consents, there is no justification for sexual assault or harassment. Do you agree or disagree, or are you going to tell me next that women in bikinis deserve to be raped?

Back
Top Bottom