What's new

It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat

On the authority of Abu Sa`eed al-Khudree (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:

I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say, “Whosoever of you sees an evil, let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then [let him change it] with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart — and that is the weakest of faith.” [Muslim]

عَنْ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيّ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ سَمِعْت رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه و سلم يَقُولُ: "مَنْ رَأَى مِنْكُمْ مُنْكَرًا فَلْيُغَيِّرْهُ بِيَدِهِ، فَإِنْ لَمْ يَسْتَطِعْ فَبِلِسَانِهِ، فَإِنْ لَمْ يَسْتَطِعْ فَبِقَلْبِهِ، وَذَلِكَ أَضْعَفُ الْإِيمَانِ" .
[رَوَاهُ مُسْلِمٌ].
I am glad I am at first degree of eman and you are on 3rd. AlhamdoliAllah
So if you see someones sister dressing immodestly the first thing you will do is to try to change it by your hand?
Hadith perh letay ho samajhna kiska kaam hai?

So if you see someones sister dressing immodestly the first thing you will do is to try to change it by your hand?
Hadith perh letay ho samajhna kiska kaam hai?
AlhamdoliAllah main nay apnay hathon say nangi aurton par chadar dali hai. Dont think everybody is like you

I have no doubt about her tarbiat and that she is in Jannah. Everybody else including Allah is watchink kis nay kis ki kaisee tarbiat kee hai
I can feel it munafiq, apni walidah or sister per baat ae hai to calm down ho gaye ho. Kisi or ki ma behan ko judge kernay mein sab say agay ja rehay they... bloody Hypocrites..
Allah tala apka or ap jaisay manhos gumrah logon k hisab zara halka lay.. Ameen.

AlhamdoliAllah main nay apnay hathon say nangi aurton par chadar dali hai. Dont think everybody is like you
Try that in general public and your a55 will be handed to you by her brother or father or husband.. limit mein reho, kal koi talibani tumhari behan per aak kala burqa daal day ga tab kya kero gay? Hadith sunao gay usay koi or? Astaghfirullah tere soch per..

I can feel it munafiq, apni walidah or sister per baat ae hai to calm down ho gaye ho. Kisi or ki ma behan ko judge kernay mein sab say agay ja rehay they... bloody Hypocrites..
Allah tala apka or ap jaisay manhos gumrah logon k hisab zara halka lay.. Ameen.
I start judging from my home and I told you before you asked, and then I asked you the question which i repeated 7 times and in the end you gave the same answer which I did, so who was munafiq you or me ?

Try that in general public and your a55 will be handed to you by her brother or father or husband.. limit mein reho, kal koi tumhari behan per aak burqa daal day ga tab kya kero gay?
AlhamdoliAllah my sister wears a burqa, Yours doesnt it seems

Try that in general public and your a55 will be handed to you by her brother or father or husband.. limit mein reho, kal koi tumhari behan per aak burqa daal day ga tab kya kero gay?
When brother or father or husband are like you they dont come forward

Man, just agree to disagree

Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners."

[Abu Dawud].

Note: This is a very important issue, based in our society. Thanks to Mehwish hayat for putting it up.

First:
Women dress attracts abuse?
No it does not.
The only cause of abuse, harassment and rape are abusers, harassers, rapists.

Second:
Should women dress modestly?
Both men and women should. Almost all the world has public nudity or modesty laws. The issue on our society based in culture mostly is women modesty by far an issue while same for men is not. U can see half naked men everywhere yet no one calls judgement neither it is banned or even considered bad but normalized. Impose the same dress code on both with exceptions based on type of work/conditions etc.

Three:
Does (the called) immodest dress allows judgement or name calling or slut shaming?

And those who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses - lash them with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient (Quran-24:4)

Indeed, those who [falsely] accuse chaste, unaware and believing women are cursed in this world and the Hereafter; and they will have a great punishment (Quran-24:23)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Avoid the seven sins that doom a person to Hell.” It was said: What are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “Associating others with Allah (shirk); witchcraft; killing a soul whom Allaah has forbidden us to kill, except in cases dictated by Islamic law; consuming orphans’ wealth; consuming riba; fleeing from the battlefield; and slandering chaste, innocent women.” (Bukhari/Muslim)

So slandering is a big sin as well.
For those who say its a sin for women to dress immodestly even if it is nothing allows for judgement or name calling or slut-shaming. If you do not agree put forward your reference. Beside, looking at immodestly dressed women is a sin too and should be treated the same (let aside giving judgement)

Hope this goes well and helps clear main issues rather than like every other throw of opinions to claim self-righteous. I so wish all acros the forum people knew how to debate or discuss or even give opinion.
I am not up for debate, but sharing knowledge. Judge me.
Bye.

I start judging from my home and I told you before you asked, and then I asked you the question which i repeated 7 times and in the end you gave the same answer which I did, so who was munafiq you or me ?

I hope you understand why i was not answering your personal questions, unlike you i don't like to talk about others mothers and sisters.. Ma zinda hoti na tumhari to shayad ehsas hota tumhein munafiq..

AlhamdoliAllah my sister wears a burqa, Yours doesnt it seems
Let me judge your sister right now.. if it was to my judgment I would force her to wear a chadar to cover hear head and chest thats it... ukhar lo jo ukharna hai judgemental freak..
According to your logic i have the God given right to impose my will on your sister..

Man, just agree to disagree

Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners."

[Abu Dawud].
Bro I agree, i will not give any further answer to this thread, enough is enough. May Allah grant us the strength and courage to make right decisions in life

When brother or father or husband are like you they dont come forward
If they are like me you will go to nichlay derjay ki Jahannam very soon.. woh tum jaisay munafiqon ki jagah hai...

Bro I agree, i will not give any further answer to this thread, enough is enough. May Allah grant us the strength and courage to make right decisions in life

Bro dont worry, These libs are in the minority. Islam is the Truth and they plan and Allah plans, Allah is the Best of Planners.
If they are like me you will go to nichlay derjay ki Jahannam very soon.. woh tum jaisay munafiqon ki jagah hai...

Stop committing shirk.

Note: This is a very important issue, based in our society. Thanks to Mehwish hayat for putting it up.

First:
Women dress attracts abuse?
No it does not.
The only cause of abuse, harassment and rape are abusers, harassers, rapists.

Second:
Should women dress modestly?
Both men and women should. Almost all the world has public nudity or modesty laws. The issue on our society based in culture mostly is women modesty by far an issue while same for men is not. U can see half naked men everywhere yet no one calls judgement neither it is banned or even considered bad but normalized. Impose the same dress code on both with exceptions based on type of work/conditions etc.

Three:
Does (the called) immodest dress allows judgement or name calling or slut shaming?

And those who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses - lash them with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient (Quran-24:4)

Indeed, those who [falsely] accuse chaste, unaware and believing women are cursed in this world and the Hereafter; and they will have a great punishment (Quran-24:23)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Avoid the seven sins that doom a person to Hell.” It was said: What are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “Associating others with Allah (shirk); witchcraft; killing a soul whom Allaah has forbidden us to kill, except in cases dictated by Islamic law; consuming orphans’ wealth; consuming riba; fleeing from the battlefield; and slandering chaste, innocent women.” (Bukhari/Muslim)

So slandering is a big sin as well.
For those who say its a sin for women to dress immodestly even if it is nothing allows for judgement or name calling or slut-shaming. If you do not agree put forward your reference. Beside, looking at immodestly dressed women is a sin too and should be treated the same (let aside giving judgement)

Hope this goes well and helps clear main issues rather than like every other throw of opinions to claim self-righteous. I so wish all acros the forum people knew how to debate or discuss or even give opinion.
I am not up for debate, but sharing knowledge. Judge me.
Bye.
One who steals is called thief one who robs is called robber one who rapes is called rapist same wise those women who expose and sell their bodies whether in prostitution or fashion shows or showbiz will be called what they are. Also the sin done in public is far worse and it's agreed those doing it will be cursed
IMG-20200425-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20200425-WA0013.jpg

Imam Muslim (r) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (RA) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “There are two types of the people of Hell whom I have not seen…” one of whom was, “women who are clothed yet naked…” According to Imam Ahmad (r) he said: “Curse them, for they are cursed.”

Curroption/bribery/inequality/injustice etc going on in entire country and the real pious men don't do anything. But as soon as women' dress comes into sight, all of a sudden their faith gets shaken. lol

expose and sell their bodies whether in prostitution or fashion shows or showbiz will be called what they are.
1. No one is talking about prostitution.
2. Expose or sell body for fashion show or showbiz is not prostitution so please tell me what are they to be called?
3. There is huge difference is expose and sell? Your justification for calling it selling?
4. Expose is sin in public but Looking commenting judging name-calling are sins too and if in public must be dealt the same then. Lets not tow one side I would say.
5. Change by hand, tongue or heart. Agreed. How about following laws? What has the constitution got about it? who has the authority to change and how would that be done? If u catch a thief would you bring him home, tie him and amputate?
6.Sayyiduna Abu Hurayra (may Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “There are two types of people who will enter the Hell-fire, whom I have not (as yet) seen: People having whips similar to ox-tails with which they will beat people, and (secondly) women who will be dressed yet appear to be naked. They will seduce men and be inclined towards them. Their heads will be like the swaying humps of bacterial camels. They will neither enter paradise, nor smell its fragrance, even though its fragrance can be smelt from such and such distance.” (Sahih Muslim, no. 2128)
No one is justifying it. The part of curse them. wont agree as its not a part of it. If one is being seduced, one has to not get seduced by religion.
Conclusion: Its not as simple as we would like to make it, there are a number of factors, If someone wants to curse a person or consider him a sinner, that's fine, go ahead do it. The thread title reads "women dress attracts abuse" and no it does not. Nothing justifies name-calling, shaming, abuse, harassment or rape putting dress as excuse.

1. No one is talking about prostitution.
2. Expose or sell body for fashion show or showbiz is not prostitution so please tell me what are they to be called?
3. There is huge difference is expose and sell? Your justification for calling it selling?
4. Expose is sin in public but Looking commenting judging name-calling are sins too and if in public must be dealt the same then. Lets not tow one side I would say.
5. Change by hand, tongue or heart. Agreed. How about following laws? What has the constitution got about it? who has the authority to change and how would that be done? If u catch a thief would you bring him home, tie him and amputate?
6.Sayyiduna Abu Hurayra (may Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “There are two types of people who will enter the Hell-fire, whom I have not (as yet) seen: People having whips similar to ox-tails with which they will beat people, and (secondly) women who will be dressed yet appear to be naked. They will seduce men and be inclined towards them. Their heads will be like the swaying humps of bacterial camels. They will neither enter paradise, nor smell its fragrance, even though its fragrance can be smelt from such and such distance.” (Sahih Muslim, no. 2128)
No one is justifying it. The part of curse them. wont agree as its not a part of it. If one is being seduced, one has to not get seduced by religion.
Conclusion: Its not as simple as we would like to make it, there are a number of factors, If someone wants to curse a person or consider him a sinner, that's fine, go ahead do it. The thread title reads "women dress attracts abuse" and no it does not. Nothing justifies name-calling, shaming, abuse, harassment or rape putting dress as excuse.
What is done in fashion shows and nudity is worse than prostitution because it's not done behind four walls but it's done in public, the entire crap is recorded and shared on public forums. In Islam it's far worse and the women who do that will be called what they are the words start from W and S in english and in Urdu there are words also. Rules which are in accordance with Islam will be and should be followed. Curse part is agreed by all scholars because crap is being done in public not in a private room. Go ask any scholar is a sin done in public worse or one done in private !!!!

I didn't know Allah swt had so many takedar of islam in Pakistan. Mashallah we're blessed.

I can only assume this young boy who was raped in a masjid by a mullah whilst sitting ethekaf was also dressed like a slut. Bet he showed some ankle.

I really wish if Sahaba specially Hazrat Umar RA was alive today and you would have dared to defend the crap in front of him.

Back
Top Bottom