What's new

It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat

the words start from W and S
Prove me the justification by religion for that I will accept it. If u can't we both get the answer. End.
P.S. my instinct tell me you don't get the meaning of curse as there are two. Its the first one (check screenshot) when the word is used by religious text and not second (which is verbal abuse, name calling, shaming). Also, I would take from a scholar, if he has to take from religion, curse word there too is for first meaning not second. Confirm it if u need.
Shottt.JPG

Last edited:
Gents, for those of you who still don't get it.
  • How a woman dresses is no justification for her being raped or sexually abused. Too often it is bought into these conversations with the suggestion she was "asking for it".
  • Unless a woman explicitly and clearly asks you to engage in a sexual activity with her, do not assume you have consent. The consent of implicit contempt should be dead and buried.
  • The Holy Quran instructs all Muslims to dress modestly and to avert our eyes. If one does not dress modestly that does not give the other the right to oggle and dismiss the call to avert your eyes.

On a separate note...

• You are not responsible for anyone else's Islam, only your own. There is no caliph or emir who has given any of us authority to enforce religious values on others.
  • This idea that we have to take responsibility for the Islam of others has led to a degredation of Islam in our society. It's become skin deep, for show only; dekhave wala Islam.
  • This culture of dekhave wala Islam must end. Many people in Pakistan today only practice dekhave wala Islam out of the fear of "log kya kehn ge" rather than out of love of Allah and his messenger pbuh.
  • We've got to this stage because of the ill conceived superficial approach to Islam taken by our so called ulema - which the awam is parroting. Never have our streets seen protests against riba, or bribery or the inept judicial system, but we see protests for cartoons in foreign lands. We have lectures about what women wear but not able the haram trading practices common in our markets. People are urged to pray in jamat but not to mend fences with their own kin. The focus is to be seen to be Islamic whereas internally anything goes.
If you want to promote Islamic values in Pakistan present in yourself positive values, let people see you for the example of the sunnah. This cannot be done from upon a pedestal or in isolation amongst other self declared uber holies. You need to be amongst the great unwashed, as the awliya were. You need to be pleasant and polite and careful of peoples egos and emotions. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

A pious king used to dress up in disguise and wander around his kingdom with his wazir at night to assess the situation of his people. One night he came across a dead body in the street. He asked his wazir to immediately find out why it was there and who it was. He was shocked nobody had buried this man. The wazir made inquiries and found it belonged to a local man. He said he'd not been buried as the body belonged to a man who spent all his time buying alcohol and visiting whore houses.

The king ordered his attendant to find the man's house and he visited the family taking the body with him. The dead man's elderly wife opened the door and was distraught with grief upon discovering the news. She proclaimed "I warned him this day would come and nobody would even Bury him, but he used to laugh and say don't worry, the king himself and the ulema will perform my burial". The king asked about the man's drinking and whoring and the wife explained he used to buy the alcohol and pour it into the gutter. He would pay the whores to go home for the night and at the end of each night he would say "tonight I have saved more of the youth from sin".

Upon hearing this the king was moved and identified himself. He then arranged for a full state funeral for the deceased.

What is done in fashion shows and nudity is worse than prostitution because it's not done behind four walls but it's done in public, the entire crap is recorded and shared on public forums. In Islam it's far worse and the women who do that will be called what they are the words start from W and S in english and in Urdu there are words also. Rules which are in accordance with Islam will be and should be followed. Curse part is agreed by all scholars because crap is being done in public not in a private room. Go ask any scholar is a sin done in public worse or one done in private !!!!

I really wish if Sahaba specially Hazrat Umar RA was alive today and you would have dared to defend the crap in front of him.

I would like to have seen your twitter fatwas in the age of Umar too. Who has given you authority to impose your views on others? Which teachers have you studied the seen from? What qualification do you hold? If you started practising medicine online we'd call you a quack. What should we call those who act like muftis with Google and social media?

half the humans want to wear the leaves half want to eat them for survival

bohat hi nazuk surat e hal hai

Oye do numbri molvi Shirk ka meaning pata hai?
Shirk
"In Islam, shirk is the sin of idolatry or polytheism. It means ascribing to, or the establishment of, partners placed beside Allah. It is termed Tawhid. Mušrikūn مشركون are those who practice shirk, which literally means "association" and refers to accepting other gods and divinities alongside God"

Munafiqon ki baat ho rehi jahil shaks

View attachment 633809

Tum jaisay or @Aasimkhan jaisay munafiq dozakh ki sab say nichlay derjay mein jaein gay..

Pata hai nai chalay baat kernay Islam ki..

Shirk is taking Allahs decisions in your own hands. Stop embarrassing yourself.

She doesn't qualify to answer she is not a man. Ask a man or a few men and then see what conclusion we reach. She sounds stupid.

If she has a brother or a father she can ask them. If not then she can ask a man she trusts . And see what the answer is..

If a Mullah rapes a boy in the Mosque, these libtards blame it on Islam and than suggest we shoukd get away from Islam.

Every sinister act happens they are quick to judge that Islam is behind it.

Islam is not behind your bhaigaratee. And please, in your home do whatever you wish to do, if you want to be in an Islamic Country, modesty dress code must be followed.

Peace, Allah is the Truth.

Some of you who take the good and consider the other bad dont have much faith to begin with.

Pakistan the land of the Pure will remain the land of the pure, InshaAllah and it will happen with Islam.

Like it or not, Welcome to Pakistan.

Gents, for those of you who still don't get it.
  • How a woman dresses is no justification for her being raped or sexually abused. Too often it is bought into these conversations with the suggestion she was "asking for it".
  • Unless a woman explicitly and clearly asks you to engage in a sexual activity with her, do not assume you have consent. The consent of implicit contempt should be dead and buried.
  • The Holy Quran instructs all Muslims to dress modestly and to avert our eyes. If one does not dress modestly that does not give the other the right to oggle and dismiss the call to avert your eyes.

On a separate note...

• You are not responsible for anyone else's Islam, only your own. There is no caliph or emir who has given any of us authority to enforce religious values on others.
  • This idea that we have to take responsibility for the Islam of others has led to a degredation of Islam in our society. It's become skin deep, for show only; dekhave wala Islam.
  • This culture of dekhave wala Islam must end. Many people in Pakistan today only practice dekhave wala Islam out of the fear of "log kya kehn ge" rather than out of love of Allah and his messenger pbuh.
  • We've got to this stage because of the ill conceived superficial approach to Islam taken by our so called ulema - which the awam is parroting. Never have our streets seen protests against riba, or bribery or the inept judicial system, but we see protests for cartoons in foreign lands. We have lectures about what women wear but not able the haram trading practices common in our markets. People are urged to pray in jamat but not to mend fences with their own kin. The focus is to be seen to be Islamic whereas internally anything goes.
If you want to promote Islamic values in Pakistan present in yourself positive values, let people see you for the example of the sunnah. This cannot be done from upon a pedestal or in isolation amongst other self declared uber holies. You need to be amongst the great unwashed, as the awliya were. You need to be pleasant and polite and careful of peoples egos and emotions. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

A pious king used to dress up in disguise and wander around his kingdom with his wazir at night to assess the situation of his people. One night he came across a dead body in the street. He asked his wazir to immediately find out why it was there and who it was. He was shocked nobody had buried this man. The wazir made inquiries and found it belonged to a local man. He said he'd not been buried as the body belonged to a man who spent all his time buying alcohol and visiting whore houses.

The king ordered his attendant to find the man's house and he visited the family taking the body with him. The dead man's elderly wife opened the door and was distraught with grief upon discovering the news. She proclaimed "I warned him this day would come and nobody would even Bury him, but he used to laugh and say don't worry, the king himself and the ulema will perform my burial". The king asked about the man's drinking and whoring and the wife explained he used to buy the alcohol and pour it into the gutter. He would pay the whores to go home for the night and at the end of each night he would say "tonight I have saved more of the youth from sin".

Upon hearing this the king was moved and identified himself. He then arranged for a full state funeral for the deceased.

I would like to have seen your twitter fatwas in the age of Umar too. Who has given you authority to impose your views on others? Which teachers have you studied the seen from? What qualification do you hold? If you started practising medicine online we'd call you a quack. What should we call those who act like muftis with Google and social media?
There is no justification for rape and rapist should be hanged publicly, but there is also totally no justification of Muslim women not doing Hijab and state has the duty to enforce it. Those who want to break limits set by ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW should not expect to be respected. And yes you are responsible for others Islam, Those calling Islam a private matter their knowledge of Islam is worse than that of Abu Juhal and Abu Lahab, stopping evil and enjoying good otherwise known as Amar Bil Maruf NAHI Anil munkar is duty of each and every Muslim. I would have no need to issue fatwa in time of Hazrat Umar RA because in his time women like Mehwish Hayat and others like her would be in Jail or facing lashes or even worse if they defended their Haram like you are defending them.

@Xeson I have already explained and it's agreed thing among Imams of Fiqh and Hadith.

Last edited:
Man doesnt change himself if one is on the Moon or the Space itself. Stop stereotyping you lib, Im sorry that Im not the way you want me to be.
Please Stop accusing people of being this or that and engaging in abuse like libtards.

Forum rules are clear about personal attacks and abuse.

People in Pakistan are weird. I've seen people talk vehemently about parda and stuff but when they talk to a hijabi they can't take their eyes off the tits. This happened in a professional workspace. How about that. Wonder what they'll do to a tank top girl.

Please Stop accusing people of being this or that and engaging in abuse like libtards.

Forum rules are clear about personal attacks and abuse.

These people are disrespecting Islam and mocking the pure Religion. Lucky, Im only calling them libtards.

Stop committing shirk.
@krash you deleted my post and gave me a warning for calling him a munafiq and where in hell munafiq will be, yet when he says i am committing a shirk while having a no idea what shirk is, why is his accusation post not deleted? Whats up with selective justice?
@AgNoStiC MuSliM

Shirk is taking Allahs decisions in your own hands. Stop embarrassing yourself.
You are a lowest level munafiq.. coming out as islamic morale police while not even having a slightest idea what Shirk is... You should be ashamed of your self... really chullu bhar pani mein doob maro.m

There is no justification for rape and rapist should be hanged publicly, but there is also totally no justification of Muslim women not doing Hijab and state has the duty to enforce it. Those who want to break limits set by ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW should not expect to be respected. And yes you are responsible for others Islam, Those calling Islam a private matter their knowledge of Islam is worse than that of Abu Juhal and Abu Lahab, stopping evil and enjoying good otherwise known as Amar Bil Maruf NAHI Anil munkar is duty of each and every Muslim. I would have no need to issue fatwa in time of Hazrat Umar RA because in his time women like Mehwish Hayat and others like her would be in Jail or facing lashes or even worse if they defended their Haram like you are defending them.

@Xeson I have already explained and it's agreed thing among Imams of Fiqh and Hadith.

I've highlighted the two parts of your argument I disagree with.

We as individuals are responsible for ourselves and the people who are under our charge (our wives and children). All other adults, we won't be held responsible for thier deeds. There is indeed a communal responsibility on the ummah to encourage good and forbid evil - but the state is duty bound upon it. The layman has no authority to enforce anything. This leads to fitna in society like the lal masjid fiasco of musharraf era.

You can raise your voice against evil, you can boycott those who engage in it, but you can't impose anything upon anyone.

If the state is not taking responsibility our efforts must be aimed at the state. Earlier on someone on this thread was talking about throwing chadars on women dressed in appropriately. It's that sense of entitlement which is extrapolated and mixed with deviance that leads to the culture of sexual abuse in parts of our society. Fundamentally its no different to the entitlement of waderas to the women of thier bonded Labour - just the source of the entitlement is different.

I am not supporting an environment in Pakistan where haram is encouraged or enabled, but it is the duty of the state to support a halal environment through education and nurture and guidelines. The layman cannot take that upon himself.

There is too much ego involved for that to end well. Look where it has got us - a hollow Islam. Ministers who start meetings with recitation of the Quran and end their evenings at the bottom of a bottle of Jack Daniels. Charlatans like molvi Quva and fazlu pretending to be religious leaders, that one molvi who sees the moon when nobody else can, the fake pir industry - in fact the entire pir industry. This is what we end up with when the Islam we practise is built on ritual and appearance and not intention, knowledge and acceptance. Iran and Saudi are examples of such hollow societies.

In the time of Umar (ra), Umar was the authority, his appointed staff were the representatives of state not the layman.

I've highlighted the two parts of your argument I disagree with.

We as individuals are responsible for ourselves and the people who are under our charge (our wives and children). All other adults, we won't be held responsible for thier deeds. There is indeed a communal responsibility on the ummah to encourage good and forbid evil - but the state is duty bound upon it. The layman has no authority to enforce anything. This leads to fitna in society like the lal masjid fiasco of musharraf era.

You can raise your voice against evil, you can boycott those who engage in it, but you can't impose anything upon anyone.

If the state is not taking responsibility our efforts must be aimed at the state. Earlier on someone on this thread was talking about throwing chadars on women dressed in appropriately. It's that sense of entitlement which is extrapolated and mixed with deviance that leads to the culture of sexual abuse in parts of our society. Fundamentally its no different to the entitlement of waderas to the women of thier bonded Labour - just the source of the entitlement is different.

I am not supporting an environment in Pakistan where haram is encouraged or enabled, but it is the duty of the state to support a halal environment through education and nurture and guidelines. The layman cannot take that upon himself.

There is too much ego involved for that to end well. Look where it has got us - a hollow Islam. Ministers who start meetings with recitation of the Quran and end their evenings at the bottom of a bottle of Jack Daniels. Charlatans like molvi Quva and fazlu pretending to be religious leaders, that one molvi who sees the moon when nobody else can, the fake pir industry - in fact the entire pir industry. This is what we end up with when the Islam we practise is built on ritual and appearance and not intention, knowledge and acceptance. Iran and Saudi are examples of such hollow societies.

In the time of Umar (ra), Umar was the authority, his appointed staff were the representatives of state not the layman.
When you are busy portraying women as items and their semi nude photos and those who do it are given medals don't cry because sex related crimes are bound to rise in society. Secondly Amar Bil Maruf Nahi Anil Munkar is duty of every Muslim and most importantly of state and if state will fail to do its job it would create a vacuum which would get filled by people like Khadim Rizvi and other militant groups. This crap can't be allowed plain and simple and has to be stopped. Best case scenario is state does it other wise people will.

In the time of Umar Ibn Khattab, Islam was the Authority just like in his predecessor Abu Bakr , and his successor Uthman and Ali ( RA to All ) . Umar RA was never hold's the authority in the matter of which Quran and Sunnah speaks, he himself once said if I made a decision which contradict with the Quran or Teaching of Muhammad SAW that the fault is in me not in Islam .

It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat
By Entertainment Desk
Published: January 23, 2018
1SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1615988-image-1516700686-791-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: SCREENGRAB

Pakistani starlet Mehwish Hayat recently shared her two cents on how a woman dresses has nothing to do with the way she’s treated.

Taking to Instagram, the Punjab Nahi Jaungi actor shared a clip from her blockbuster Actor in Law which also starred Fahad Mustafa. She captioned it, “There is a misconception that the way a woman dresses is what attracts abuse.”

‘Punjab Nahi Jaungi’ becomes highest grossing Pakistani movie of all time

Hayat added, “This is something that we dealt with in my film Actor in Law. When a woman wearing a ‘burkha’ also attracted vilification. The way that a woman dresses has no bearing on the way she is treated. This is simply down to the mentality of some of the misogynistic elements in our society.”

This is not the first time Hayat has been vocal about Times Up campaign that took Hollywood by storm. Sharing her thoughts previously, the Jawani Phir Nahi Ani starlet posted a picture on Instagram in which she was sporting an all-black outfit and captioned it, “It is time for women of the world to stand up for their rights. Today, I wear black in solidarity with my industry colleagues in US and push this message to the women of my own homeland, Pakistan. We are no less than men by virtue of our gender. Harassment of any form is totally unacceptable and we will not tolerate it.”

Hayat made her silver screen debut with the popular item number, Billi in Na Maloom Afraad’s first installment. As much as her spins and twirls were admired (and rightfully so, as she stole everyone’s thunder), she was also severely denounced for pioneering a departed trend that is more often than not, looked down upon.

Farhan Saeed spotted on the sets of ‘Punjab Nahi Jaungi’ and we can’t help but wonder

“I think criticism comes with appreciation. Again, that very situation in Na Maloom Afraad was a goons’ after-party. Billi was a character – she represented the lust of a certain class and none of it was forced,” she justified.

“Look at yesteryear cinema in our country, they even had mujras. It’s not that we’ve been inspired by India or we’ve started something new; it’s been a part of our cinema for ages. Then again, it shouldn’t be vulgar, it should appear sensual and appealing, but there’s a fine line between the two,” she stated.

Have something to add to the story? Share it in the comments below
https://tribune.com.pk/story/1615988/4-misconception-way-women-dress-attracts-abuse-mehwish-hayat/

Haha this video again :D
while her arguments can be debated
I am of the view that no man can be excused to harass a woman just because of the way she was dressed.

Back
Top Bottom