What's new

Italian Cycle Rickshaw man in Madras(Chennai)..is this true?

takeiteasy

Reaction score
Country
India
Anglo-Indian Phillip Thomas - Rickshaw Man

Mr Phillip Thomas, born in Italy travelled to India when a teenager. He has fallen on hard times and lives on the footpath in Chennai, not far from Central Station. He has an Indian wife and family all born in Chennai. His story is a puzzle but his hardships are a fact.
He is 70 years old and rides a pedal rickshaw carrying loads such as meat etc. He is not a beggar.

Offtopic: He looks like One of them!:undecided:

Last edited by a moderator:
Italian Government must give Assylum and help him repatriate in Italy(Instead of defending 2 italian marines who are charged for manslaughter)

sad to see cycle rickshaws(a symbol of poverty) still exist in madras. in our region it is non-existent.

Italian Government must give Assylum and help him repatriate in Italy(Instead of defending 2 italian marines who are charged for manslaughter)

sad to see cycle rickshaws still exist in madras. in our region it is non-existent.

HEs not the only Anglo Indian or foreigner tht have been either stranded or made a living here...this one looks sad ...but there many cases of European males and females getting lodged here in the early days and dident wana leave.

One example was Mother Tarresa...and many other from The Convent i studied in, in my city, are working as old teachers (missionary).

this dude is clearly scamming the sod. IF a person needs asylum he can easily claim it from the embassy...wtf he on about.

THis dude is either an old convict or a lost drug addict.
India was a popular destination for convicts and European hippies to find a new beginning. Maybe even today.

We have got better things to worry about.

I have seen Catholic European Nuns in many places. I've seen Europeans working as Chefs for eg. but, never seen someone like this rick man.
Good chances He came here in the peak times of Hippism.

I Feel the Emotions of the OP for this Italian ... But Never Seen the Sympathy for Million living in worser Condition then him of his Same Blood ...

Nice Keep it UP ... I hate the Word "atithi devo bhava" this Word has Ruined My Country... when ever foreign invaders came we treated them like Gods... Finally ended up Colonizing our Land... Same with Mughal , British & Grand Italian Family...

Why dont the Rikshaw driver be made the president of India ... since he has Lived So many years in Poverty ... Fie these Indian who have more Sympathy for White Skin then one of there Kinds...

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom