What's new

Chanakya Niti :: For those who don't know about Chanikya

Bro, can you show me @ this generation is there any equality anywhere, no you can't find because that is nothing to do with caste, it is only money. If a religion people are rich they will play, if a caste people are rich they will play, that's all.

Since you asked, please go through this relatively recent newspiece. I can dig out hundreds like this. Also mind it, I'm not a Dalit myself, rather, from the so called high cast section.

But I would not like to dwell more on this subject, specially on a Pakistani defence forum. Hope you understand.

Retired Dalit officer’s car and furniture ‘cleansed’

well the thing is that human society is /was never perfect , at that time Bhramins were more powerfull & till 60 years back to some extend , i personally dont have anyting against them & admire there knoledge of many subjects , but that said it is a fact that most of the ill's in sanatan dharma were practised cause some brahmin's wanted to milk that , not to forget what happened in past(sati pratha , untaouchabels,caste system & ill treatment of dalits+buisness in the name of relegon) wasnt that a bitter reality , though in modern india we have almost totally eradicated it(thanks to likes of raja ram mohan roy , aarya samaaj & swany ram krishna param hans,swamy vivekanand) exept there buisness still running (go to mathura, kashee &vrindaban)
how should i explain this hmmm.......
well, u r correct that the Brahmins were powerful until last century, but that has nothing to do with today's issues. Now coming to the issue of untouchables, dalits, etc,yeah in a sort of they started it but they are not the only ones to be blamed, we all each Hindu is at blame becoz anyone can preach but it is up-to us what we practice , what Brahmins did was biased as compared to today's scenario but we may not know what was the scenario then.
And the Brahmins were after all not the elites, the were the learned ones they said or preached something but whether it should be followed or not it was decided or was granted by the elites , i.e the Kshatriya, n all.
so individually blaming Brahmins is wrong.

By the way why r we bringing the Brahmin issue again well the afternoon session was more than enough

cming back to Chanakya/acharya vishnugupt......he was a very practicle thinking teacher of politics & economics , what his biggest gift was that he was a strong propogator of equality & justice to all sections of society & he was the first to have documented the duties& rights of a king & his subjects not on the basis of any relegous notion but practikle daily life, Thanks.

cming back to Chanakya/acharya vishnugupt......he was a very practicle thinking teacher of politics & economics , what his biggest gift was that he was a strong propogator of equality & justice to all sections of society & he was the first to have documented the duties& rights of a king & his subjects not on the basis of any relegous notion but practikle daily life, Thanks.

Indeed very practicle thinking teacher brother.

Indeed very practicle thinking teacher brother.

but what i feel here on PDF that most of owr Pakistanee freinds love to hate Chanakya & some think that his main ideology was mooh me ram bagal me chooree why?????????

but what i feel here on PDF that most of owr Pakistanee freinds love to hate Chanakya & some think that his main ideology was mooh me ram bagal me chooree why?????????

Big Irony, Chanakya was the student and later on professor in The Takshashila University, Present day Taxila in Rawalpindi but Pakistani hate him. Indian considers Mauryan Empire as their golden period and Mauryan empire sprang from Kabul to Sri Lanka. Chandragupta defeated Greeks and protected people of North-West from invaders but Pakistani hate Chandragupta and Mauryas. What an Irony!!!

The Real reason is for many Mauryan Empire is conflicting with Ideology of Pakistan and to show Pakistan was never the part of India and instead Mauryans colonized their land and also to portray India as a hungry colonial power. And to support this best way is to demonize the main architect of Mauryan Dynasty, Chanakya.

Big Irony, Chanakya was the student and later on professor in The Takshashila University, Present day Taxila in Rawalpindi but Pakistani hate him. Indian considers Mauryan Empire as their golden period and Mauryan empire sprang from Kabul to Sri Lanka. Chandragupta defeated Greeks and protected people of North-West from invaders but Pakistani hate Chandragupta and Mauryas. What an Irony!!!

The Real reason is for many Mauryan Empire is conflicting with Ideology of Pakistan and to show Pakistan was never the part of India and instead Mauryans colonized their land and also to portray India as a hungry colonial power. And to support this best way is to demonize the main architect of Mauryan Dynasty, Chanakya.

your later part i think is spot on, but the thing i never understand is that even after going thru all hardships why are some pakistani friends reluctant to aknowledge there pre concieved notions and think practikally & a bit more unbaised about this so called ANTY HINDU thingee?????

your later part i think is spot on, but the thing i never understand is that even after going thru all hardships why are some pakistani friends reluctant to aknowledge there pre concieved notions and think practikally & a bit more unbaised about this so called ANTY HINDU thingee?????

Because Pakistanis made to think that their real history starts with conquest of Sindh by Muhammad Bin Qasim and they had no history between Indus valley civilization to conquest of Sindh(matlab 2200 saal ka history gol kar diya), Many Pakistanis even don't feel proud of Indus Valley Civilization.

Because Pakistanis made to think that their real history starts with conquest of Sindh by MuIhammad Bin Qasim and they had no history between Indus valley civilization to conquest of Sindh(matlab 2200 saal ka history gol kar diya), Many Pakistanis even don't feel proud of Indus Valley Civilization.

thats so unpleasend , but true ...what an epic IRONY?????????

Well he did not attack the whole brahmin community per-se, but said some brahmin.

I, for one, endorse his line of thought. I (or he) may be wrong, but what I could understand from his post, I will try to elaborate:

1. Even though Chanakya was a brahmin himself, he wasn't biased & endorsed equality of all section of the society. Equality was prevelant during his time amongst all section.

2. But due to growing ambitions of some brahmin later on, some section (or cast) were started to be labelled as lower cast and some (read brahmins) as upper cast.

Now my inputs:

1. Brahmins weren't supposed to be by birth, but by their knowledge of the Vedas. But by making it (being brahmin) a birth right, our social fabric started to loose its strength. That is why, our internal cohessiveness suffered and later on outside invaders could overcome our resistence time and time again.

2. At present day India, all these cast system needs to be abolished as soon as possible. It should not be so hard to criticise ourselves. We now need only two casts, those who have enough & those who does not.

Anyways, feel free to point my mistakes. I'm open to learn new things.

There is a story in rig veda where narrator is poet,his father is bhishang(physician) and mother is grinder of corn.

Thus social structure during vedic period were not rigid and casts were basically indicator of profession.It was during Era of gupta that caste system crystallized.

Back
Top Bottom