What's new

‘It’s Revenge time against Bangladesh’

Can someone post the schedule of the world cup, please!

cricket-2011.jpg

I think Sehwag is being bit over-confident.we have seen indian commentators and indian media before talking big and jumping over the moon ,but its never right thing to do , Specially when india has performed poorly in last 3 out of 4 world-cups (including 2 twenty twenty WC) they were out in first round in 2007 50 over world-cup,they never won a single game in 2nd edition of T20 WC and they just won 1 game in 3rd edition .

Although in all 3 times they had strong team on the paper ,i still remember the media starting to celebrate even before the start fo 2nd t20 world-cup.

Now a days you can't under-estimate any team we see in 2007 how many upsets were caused
Pak lost to Ireland, india loosing to Bangladesh ,South africa loosing to bangladesh and then bangladesh loosing to Ireland .

So speaking big won't work ,Sehwag should have learnt from the past so do indian media .

IMO, it's been more than 10 years since B'desh gained Test match status. Ideally, any other test match playing country losing to them should not be a surprise anymore. It's just that B'desh has underperformed so much that no one gives them a chance anymore. Hence the confidence.

I think this time it wont repeat again. The last 2 world cup 20-20 india never have the best openers viru is injured and there are some unfit players cost the chance. Bd is a good team improving a lot from their 1st world cup match win way back in 1999. Even we are not played at the 1st two world cups in 75 and 79. But its a good platform for bd to do well on home soil. All the best to both.

IMO, it's been more than 10 years since B'desh gained Test match status. Ideally, any other test match playing country losing to them should not be a surprise anymore. It's just that B'desh has underperformed so much that no one gives them a chance anymore. Hence the confidence.

India achieved its first ever Test victory in 1951-52 when it beat England in Madras. Having made its Test debut in 1932, India had to wait for 20 long years in the sidelines before making its mark in the big stage.

Anyways can't wait for the matches to begin. Mashrafi's trying hard to get back to the Pitch. I hope he makes it through.

Would like to point another thing....

From both the groups, 4 top teams will advance....if we consider the group BD is in and if we think very practically on the basis of past and present records....India, England and South Africa is quite assured to sail through...but the 4th position battle will be between West Indies and Bangladesh....hence i regard this match as the most important for BD, if they are to qualify....

West Indies are having some of their old players back...Sarwan is in good form, Pollard has IPL experience...and the likes of Gayle and Chanderpaul should be an added advantage...but one thing that goes in our favor is that, West Indies hasnt played in BD for a long time....hence, we have better chances to pull it off....that will indeed confirm the second round for us...

Fingers crossed...!!!

Cheers!!!

Would like to point another thing....

From both the groups, 4 top teams will advance....if we consider the group BD is in and if we think very practically on the basis of past and present records....India, England and South Africa is quite assured to sail through...but the 4th position battle will be between West Indies and Bangladesh....hence i regard this match as the most important for BD, if they are to qualify....

West Indies are having some of their old players back...Sarwan is in good form, Pollard has IPL experience...and the likes of Gayle and Chanderpaul should be an added advantage...but one thing that goes in our favor is that, West Indies hasnt played in BD for a long time....hence, we have better chances to pull it off....that will indeed confirm the second round for us...

Fingers crossed...!!!

Cheers!!!

It will not be so simple like you are making it ,for example just for an instance think about that Bangladesh wins against West Indies but if anyother of the 3 teams i.e india ,South Africa or England looses to West Indies then? I can give you a whole scenario here but it will take much time

Secondly Gayle is a too good of a player ,you can bet on him against any team ,if he is on song he can destroy best of bowling attacks .In sub-continent the tracks are batting friendly so it will help him, secondly I still remember the last few series West Indies played in similar conditions and Gayle was scoring in almost every match and he was the only one scoring.

But you have to pray that WI bats poorly

It will not be so simple like you are making it ,for example just for an instance think about that Bangladesh wins against West Indies but if anyother of the 3 teams i.e india ,South Africa or England looses to West Indies then? I can give you a whole scenario here but it will take much time

Yes i get your point...i was just lightening one aspect of the whole possibility...

Secondly Gayle is a too good of a player ,you can bet on him against any team ,if he is on song he can destroy best of bowling attacks .In sub-continent the tracks are batting friendly so it will help him, secondly I still remember the last few series West Indies played in similar conditions and Gayle was scoring in almost every match and he was the only one scoring.

I still wont bet on him against BD...WI has not played in Dhaka/Chittagong for a long time and FYI, the sub-continent pitches are less batting friendly and more spin paradise, especially in BD...i can say the pitches here will be structured according to our team's need...however, gayle is good...but anything is possible when our bowlers click...

Cheers!!!

Not a very smart comment from a senior member Zakir bhai...!!

We all expect BD to play a good game and take the win...It also could be that we loose to India but still win the rest to advance to the next round...hence getting beaten on 19th feb is not the end of the world...

Lets see whats up ahead...!!

Cheers!!!

Bhai, you know what I have meant. Don't you? ;)

Gayle is one of the few players who on his day can do anything..
Any bowler will be scared to bowl to him..Gayle,Pieterson,Sehwag and Afridi are the most feared batsmen playing now..

Gayle is one of the few players who on his day can do anything..
Any bowler will be scared to bowl to him..Gayle,Pieterson,Sehwag and Afridi are the most feared batsmen playing now..

You missed Abdul Razzaq

I don't know about you guys but IMO Sirlanka seems to be a very destructible team here

I just hope lala jee (Afridi) do a clean job this time :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom