What's new

‘It’s Revenge time against Bangladesh’

You missed Abdul Razzaq

Nah..Abdul Razzaq is not in the same league.. Players like Razzaq are in almost every team right now..
Even Afridi's game right now does not qualify him in the list...I admire him for his hitting skills but it seems to be a chronic case for Pakistani stars to be suicidal in approach..Shoaib Akhtar destroyed himself and Now Afridi is toeing the same line..

lol r u serious?

I am dead serious. There's no way we're gonna get murked by bd this time round. We had lot going on last time. This time I don't think so mate.

You promise, please put the video of the hat eat on this site before you leave.:)

That's just an expression, I thought you lived in britain? Your english is meant to be good? I promise if Bangladesh beats India I'd eat my hat. Pinky promise too. :P

BD team does not have to beat India again. We have begun to receive our trophy, we are receiving attention from the Indian team and Indians themsselves before the games have already started.

I know bd team has evolved a lot in recent times. But it's still far from being able to beat India. If you said new zealand or someone I can still understan.

And I said 'We should not take ANY opponent lightly' already.

Anyways can't wait for the matches to begin. Mashrafi's trying hard to get back to the Pitch. I hope he makes it through.

Mashrafe not fit to play: coach | | cricket.bdnews24.com

Monday, February 7, 2011 12:28 pm

Mashrafe not fit to play: coach
Sun, Feb 6th, 2011 11:15 pm BdST

Dhaka, Feb 6 (bdnews24.com)å¹½ead coach of Bangladesh cricket team has said he sees no possibility of pacer Mashrafe Bin Mortaza's inclusion in the World Cup squad.

Jimmy Siddons at the National Cricket Stadium on Sunday said: "I'm thinking about the three pacers we have in the World Cup squad. Mashrafe is not there, so he's not my concern."

Bowling coach Ian Pont is busy with pacers Shafiul Islam, Rubel Hossain and Nazmul Hossain.

Mortaza who was kept out of the 15-member team due to his injuries played a league match for his team and bowled 10 overs on Saturday.

Regarding Mashrafe's performance, Siddons said: "It was a club match, which is not similar to an international one. International cricket is too tough.

"I need everyone to be fit for the first match on Feb 19. Those who are in the team are fit for play," he added.

He admitted that Mashrafe was recovering, but not enough to be considered for the squad. "He's not fit for playing."

Siddons, however, found his comeback positive, but there was no chance of his entering the squad at the last moment.

The hopeful coach said Tigers would do well if things go according to his plans.

Nah..Abdul Razzaq is not in the same league.. Players like Razzaq are in almost every team right now..
Even Afridi's game right now does not qualify him in the list...I admire him for his hitting skills but it seems to be a chronic case for Pakistani stars to be suicidal in approach..Shoaib Akhtar destroyed himself and Now Afridi is toeing the same line..

Abdul Razzaq last innings against South Africa proved that how dangerous he is specially when he scored a century and won the game for Pakistan when SA had better of Pakistan .

Afridi had played couple of good innings in NZ in recent series and he always performed well in sub-continent .In his last 3 innings in sub-continent ,he scored 2 centuries

Excellent voice and smart boys!! World cup song!

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is a match in which India plays, I will support India. If it does not figure India but has a South Asian nation playing, then I will support the South Asian nation.

165394_10150356006685394_89058995393_16717985_3725825_n.jpg

The squad has been announced and the nation is prepping for its biggest event yet. Veins pumping, blood boiling, skin showing traces of goosebumps. Hearts racing faster than Usain, bodies sweating adrenaline, work and studies flowing down the semi-clogged drains of the capital. BC is a brewery of excitement tinged with anticipation.

On fifteen men rest the hopes of fifteen crore. On one man rest the hopes of fifteen crore. Starting in a month, Shakib Al Hasan will lead us to glory. Let's get behind him. Let's get behind the team.

This is the cricket World Cup. This is home. The trophy is ours. This is our time. So let the avatar revolution begin.

Join: This is our time - BanglaCricket Forum :)

BNS ready for WC grand opening

Tuesday, 08 February 2011 Author / Source : SPORTS REPORTER Dhaka, Feb 7: With the cricket’s biggest extravaganza ICC Cricket World Cup knocking at the door, Bangabandhu National Stadium (BNS) is prepared to hold the gala opening ceremony in every aspect.

National Sports Council (NSC) authority formally announced on February 7 that the renovation work of BNS is totally completed. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is expected to inaugurate the new look BNS on February 14, three-day before the opening ceremony, said the press release sent by Ministry of Youth and Sports.

State Minister for Youth and Sports Ahad Ali Sarker on Monday visited the Bangabandhu National Stadium to see the renovation work. The inaugural ceremony of the mega event will be held at the BNS on February 17.

A staggering amount of Tk. 35.08 crore has been spent for the renovation work, modernisation along with the beautification of the stadium and its surrounding areas in order to make the programme of the showcase event a successful one.

The renovation and beautification work included building up the ICC hospitability box and BCB hospitability box newly, expansion and development of VIP lounge and Media Centre, construction of gallery shed along with CCTV and giant screen - a length of 82feet.

Also 26 thousand chairs have been set up in gallery, three new gates have been built alongside the setting up a replica of World Cup trophy in front of the Baitul Mokarram as part of the preparation work for the cricket’s biggest extravaganza what is called by ICC a third biggest sporting event. Moreover, all vendors and beggars have already been ousted from the whole area in order to portrait a beautiful Dhaka city.

With Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka jointly organising the ICC Cricket World Cup, the inaugural gala ceremony of the greatest event of cricket will be held at Bangabandhu National Stadium. Bangladesh will host eight matches including two quarterfinals.

Bangladesh will take on India on the opening match at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur on February 19. Meanwhile, the tickets for the opening ceremony will go on sale from February 10 at the 10 booths of Dhaka Bank across the country, said the BCB president AHM Mustafa Kamal, MP, on Sunday.

The BCB will release the tickets in seven divisions instead of 64 districts. It was known that a total of 10 thousands tickets will go on sale for the general people which they would have to buy at a considerable higher rate.

Local Organising Committee (LOC) ticket and sitting committee chairman GS Hasan Tamim informed that the 10 outlets of the Dhaka Bank are - Motijheel, Gulshan, Dhanmondi, Uttara, Mirpur, Old Dhaka, Malibagh, Karwan Bazar and two other branches.

The rate of the gallery tickets will go on sale at an amount of Tk. 1000. The international gallery tickets rate will be Tk. 10,000 while the International Marquee Box tickets rate will be Tk. 20,000. A person can buy a maximum number of four tickets at a time.

In order to ensure uninterrupted electricity supply to Cricket World Cup venues during opening ceremony and cricket matches, Dhaka Power Distribution Company (DPDC) has taken all-out measures. “We have ensured 800 kilowatt electricity supply per hour for the world cup cricket venues including Khan Saheb Osman Ali Stadium in Fatullah,” Managing Director of DPDC Abdus Sobhan told BSS on Monday.

He said three alternative power distribution lines would be reserved to supply uninterrupted electricity to the floodlights of the Bangabandhu National Stadium for opening ceremony and Mirpur Stadium for the day-night matches of the world cup.
Besides, he said DPDC has also arranged electricity supply to eight giant screens, to be set up in different parts of the capital to telecast the live cricket matches. “We will also provide generators as standby sources of electricity for the giant screens,” the DPDC MD added.

On the other hand, the city is set to get the heat of World Cup fully on February 9 as the Canada is the first World Cup team to arrive in Dhaka. Canada who defeated Bangladesh stunningly in 2003 World Cup will play a practice match against Bangladesh on February 12 at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium (ZACS) in Chittagong.

Pakistan will be the second team to arrive in Dhaka on February 12. They will play a practice match against Bangladesh on February 15 at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium (SBNCS).

England is the other team which will visit Bangladesh in order to play World Cup practice match against Canada and Pakistan on February 16 and 18 respectively.

If it is a match in which India plays, I will support India. If it does not figure India but has a South Asian nation playing, then I will support the South Asian nation.

u will support Pakistan team too:woot:

I will be happy if Bangladesh wins. I will support both Pakistan and when they play against each other. Then, I will support any of these teams when it wins. Seems, SL is a little weak. Pakistan team is in trouble because the players have done so many unwanted things not fit for a sportsman. India remains a strong team. Bangladesh is stronger than it was a few years ago. I wish the Cup to come to the Sub-continent.

That's just an expression, I thought you lived in britain? Your english is meant to be good? I promise if Bangladesh beats India I'd eat my hat. Pinky promise too. :P

Yea i do live in the UK, (Essex boy and proud of it). Make sure you got a choclate hat just in case, you never know we did it once might just repeat it.:sarcastic:

I think a lot of Indians support Pakistanis, when they are not playing against India.

I went to watch the infamous ODI at WACA last year, in Pakistani jersey and everything, the Australian crowd was not very kind to us after the Ball biting incident.:frown:

Back
Top Bottom