What's new

'Israel will regret attacking Iran'

Iran have been taking the mick out of americans for 32 years. What have americans being able to do. A big fat nothing

That is because Saddam kept them busy.

This is a lie. Saddam was a firm US ally until he stopped taking orders and invaded Kuwait.

What has Iran got that Iraq did not had? Iran failed to do serious damage to Iraq and you expect USA to loose there? Sounds like a joke to me.

I think you misunderstood me, when I say the US will lose, it doesn't mean Iran will win. The US is capable beating the Iranian armed forces on the field of battle but it will have to come at such a price that the victory will have very little value.

Tell me what you consider as victory.

I consider a victory when an country successfully meets certain goals. Depending on what you went to war for, you must have achieved your objectives if you are considered to have won. Battlefield success is only a tool and not an end to itself.

The US has not won in Iraq. It's met very few of the original goals of the invasion and it has come at an enormous price. The current fiscal deficit has a large part to do with the fiscal cost of the war.

Crippling someone's economy is another smart objective. Minimum and constant engagement. It will keep Iran in check and keep the cost of war to minimum.

Crippling someone's economy is another smart objective. Minimum and constant engagement. It will keep Iran in check and keep the cost of war to minimum.

The US sanctions on Iraq during the 90's killed about 4 million children. Those aren't minimal costs. When you cripple a country's economy, you also cripple a people's means to support themselves.

Isnt that what al qaida have managed to do to the america

Israel will not regret because they will not attack if they were bgoing to attack they would have done so by now

I meant to US.

That's a pretty monstrous way of thinking about it. But yes the cost would be minimal to the US.

Though it is not going work with Iran this time, China won't support the US led sanctions.

That's a pretty monstrous way of thinking about it. But yes the cost would be minimal to the US.

Though it is not going work with Iran this time, China won't support the US led sanctions.

Well this is not the first time I have heard China saying no to US, on paper. China was singing different tune when Biden was visiting. US will dangle energy card (you can get your gas from Iran) and China won't care. That is reality.

Well this is not the first time I have heard China saying no to US, on paper.

Oh? I would love examples. You think China is likely to backpedal on Iranian sanctions?

China was singing different tune when Biden was visiting.

What promises did China make to Biden? Please be clear.

US will dangle energy card (you can get your gas from Iran) and China won't care. That is reality.

The US is already in possession of gas in Iran? Or do you mean the US will sell gas to China after invades Iran, but only if China supports the US? I mean this is all sort of nonsense.

Oh? I would love examples. You think China is likely to backpedal on Iranian sanctions?

What promises did China make to Biden? Please be clear.

The US is already in possession of gas in Iran? Or do you mean the US will sell gas to China after invades Iran, but only if China supports the US? I mean this is all sort of nonsense.

I don't know why you are talking silly but anytime China has made ANY objection ever, it was always in self interest. Libya is latest example. Only reason China doesn't want US in Iran because it fears losing cheap energy supply. You, sitting in Canada, are going to tell me something else or you somehow control Chinese foreign policies now? As long as China receives energy from Iran, it doesn't give 2 hoot about who or what controls Iran.

What Biden got from China? A simple acknowledgment that China believes its "future" is tied to US, even if China has come to regret it. It will rather prefer a rich America than a bankrupt one.

Prey tell me, why if not for energy, China would care about Iran? As long as it is getting energy, what is China's concern really? When you move to China and take over politburo, come tell me about saying no to US.

If you are so yuppy, why not convince your government to move Chinese troops in Iran? I have seen talking. Let's see some walking. I never said US will try to capture Iran. That would by itself allay any Chinese fear of losing Irani gas. Even if China supports US, Iran will have no option but sell gas to China.

I don't know why you are talking silly but anytime China has made ANY objection ever, it was always in self interest. Libya is latest example. Only reason China doesn't want US in Iran because it fears losing cheap energy supply. You, sitting in Canada, are going to tell me something else or you somehow control Chinese foreign policies now? As long as China receives energy from Iran, it doesn't give 2 hoot about who or what controls Iran.

What Biden got from China? A simple acknowledgment that China believes its "future" is tied to US, even if China has come to regret it. It will rather prefer a rich America than a bankrupt one.

Prey tell me, why if not for energy, China would care about Iran? As long as it is getting energy, what is China's concern really? When you move to China and take over politburo, come tell me about saying no to US.

If you are so yuppy, why not convince your government to move Chinese troops in Iran? I have seen talking. Let's see some walking. I never said US will try to capture Iran. That would by itself allay any Chinese fear of losing Irani gas. Even if China supports US, Iran will have no option but sell gas to China.

lol I don't even know you are going about. Of course if the US had Iranian oil, China would play ball for it, but kind of moot isn't it?

You don't have Iran's oil and you can't make China join your sanctions.

lol I don't even know you are going about. Of course if the US had Iranian oil, China would play ball for it, but kind of moot isn't it?

You don't have Iran's oil and you can't make China join your sanctions.

What are you talking about? There are already 50000 sanctions on Iran. I am talking about military strike. Economic sanctions don't require UNSC permission.

What are you talking about? There are already 50000 sanctions on Iran. I am talking about military strike. Economic sanctions don't require UNSC permission.

So here you meant crippling Iran's economy through airstrikes not sanctions?

So here you meant crippling Iran's economy through airstrikes not sanctions?

As long as India/China/..are buying gas from Iran, no economic sanction will work effectively. I mean they banned dollar transaction from European banks and yet India found a way to pay Iran. So yes, I was talking about limited military strike.

As long as India/China/..are buying gas from Iran, no economic sanction will work effectively. I mean they banned dollar transaction from European banks and yet India found a way to pay Iran. So yes, I was talking about limited military strike.

Then I would go back to my point here.

Iran can control the level of violence in Iraq.

That's why the Iraq war was such disaster. It basically became an insurance policy for Iran.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom