What's new

Israel set to bag another mega Indian defence deal

34,000+ ATGM is overkill; just the tank tank force of India is more than enough to wipe out Pakistan's tanks.

You just stepped on a PDF grave, hope the thread does not get burried.

Dont the Russians have anything good to offer?

Depends on what version of the Spike the IA gets, the Spike LR has the same range as the Javelin.

But if ToT is not offered to the extent the MoD want then the Javelin is never going to win this particular competition, it's just how it is.

But Spike LR is not a shoulder-fired ATGMs due to it's weight. :(

Was not the nag tested but failed the trials?

The full range of nag of 4 Km was not met, I remember reading it was accurate only upto 2.5 Km.

Yep, it was the case in extremely hot environment like thar desert. Due to extreme temp. seeker could work perfectly upto 2.5 Kms. If my memory servers well, only 2 out of 6 Nag missiles could hit the target successfully.

Bahot sahin kahan, We are investing so much on buying weapons from foreign sources instead of investing them on our indigenous defence industry. We must learn something from China, their transformation is simply amazing...

As long as we can produce them locally, I see no problem, especially if the foreign ones are better. BEL has been manufacturing MILAN ATGMs for years now.

Javelin has only lock before launch mode (LOBL). Thats why effective range is limited to 2500 m. In many cases will be even less.

Spike in addition to LOBL has also lock after launch (LOAL) mode. That gives effective range of 4000 m. It also allows firing from closed positions.

I dont have information, sorry.

Its indeed very big number. Although ATGMs can be used not only against tanks. They are very effective against buildings, counter terror.

‫

Can u provide a sourse s far as i know even spike has lobl config...:what:

Stung by scams in import of military hardware, the Defence Ministry has asked the Army to avoid a single-vendor tender for procuring anti-tank guided missiles from Israel and look for other sources also who can offer the weapon system.

During the last meeting of Defence Acquisition Council headed by Defence Minister A K Antony, the Army had proposed to buy the Spike anti-tank guided missiles from Israel but it was deferred as the Ministry wanted the Army to find out if other vendors were providing the system and they could also be issued the tender, sources said here.

Defence Ministry asks Army to avoid single-vendor tender for missiles | idrw.org

If u guys look at the reports
then 8300 Missiles and 350 Launchers will be procured off the shelf
and another 25000 Missiles and 1200 Launchers will be manufactured under TOT

but what i dont understand is , why does the army need 100000 anti tank missiles , when the PA has like 1500 tanks and PLAN has like 7000 Tanks

but what i dont understand is , why does the army need 100000 anti tank missiles , when the PA has like 1500 tanks and PLAN has like 7000 Tanks
The numbers you have quoted are the intial order. The deal was coming with ToT so many more orders will be executed in India (70,000+).

Tha name is anti TANK missile but it can be use againts building in counter insurgency , supply truck ...etc ..

Back
Top Bottom