What's new

Israel set to bag another mega Indian defence deal

Depends on what version of the Spike the IA gets, the Spike LR has the same range as the Javelin.

But if ToT is not offered to the extent the MoD want then the Javelin is never going to win this particular competition, it's just how it is.

got any idea of china's atgm??but i think the use of these will be limited as there are larger weapons with longer ranges so does other armies..i think we use smerch dont we? and others like pinaka

got any idea of china's atgm??but i think the use of these will be limited as there are larger weapons with longer ranges so does other armies..i think we use smerch dont we? and others like pinaka

Smerch and Pinka are MBRLS not ATGMs, seperate uses, seperate tech. These weapons will be man-portable and used on a squad/fire-team level.

Hmm so it is confirmed the US weren't willing to part with ToT for the Javelins? There's been a lot of contradictory news coming out on this front but it seems the US has now either chosen to withdraw or has been kicked out as it is down to a single tender procurement.

I wonder if this will have an affect on the ATGM selection for the LCH and ALH WSI (for army and AF as they, stupidly, have separate procurements for ATGMs).

Depends on what version we go for IA and how compatible it will be for other applications:

Designation Max. Range Application

SPIKE-MR (Gill) 2,500m Infantry and Special Forces
SPIKE-LR 4,000m Infantry, Light Combat Vehicles
SPIKE-ER (NTD) 8,000m Infantry, LCV, Helicopters

Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd.

If IA wants the shoulder launched MR, it won't be compatible to the helicopters. The ER on the other hand is available with a fixed launcher for the infantry and with twin or quad launchers for helicopters.

Depends on what version we go for IA and how compatible it will be for other applications:

If IA wants the shoulder launched MR, it won't be compatible to the helicopters. The ER on the other hand is available with a fixed launcher for the infantry and with twin or quad launchers for helicopters.

I don't actually think whatever variant the IA infantry gets will have any varient on the SPIKE version the IA's helos use surely. Yes, the infantry's selection it might narrow it down to the SPIKE (over,say, the PARS 3) ATGM but not actually what version the aviation units use- this is a separate deal and will be decided by the aviation corps.

isreal is better than US even if American arms are better than isreali

isreal is better than US even if American arms are better than isreali

You just went full retarded, never go full retarded.

Israel - Daddy, will you protect me from enemies(Arabs)
America - Yes, son I will and I will send you all the tanks and fighter jets every year
Israel - AWESOME! Daddy I love you

Get it?!?

but wat happend to nag anti tank missile??

IA is hedging its bets and rightly so. If the NAG comes though then great the SPIKE/foreing ATGM won't be ordered in larger numbers. If there is an issue with the NAG (whatever that maybe) the IA has a trusted and proven 3RD GEN ATGM to fall back on. The IA is aware it has fallen behind the other 2 services in its modernisation drive and as such is moving forward at full speed now to get the IA onto a future heading.

The long and short of it is: this tender is only for the "man-portable" version of the Spike. So lets look at 2.5 kms.
Hand Launched by Infantry and Jeep Mounted by the PARAS/SF.
So it is simply 'bye-bye' Milans and the Konkurs.
The rest is separated from this.

IA is hedging its bets and rightly so. If the NAG comes though then great the SPIKE/foreing ATGM won't be ordered in larger numbers. If there is an issue with the NAG (whatever that maybe) the IA has a trusted and proven 3RD GEN ATGM to fall back on. The IA is aware it has fallen behind the other 2 services in its modernisation drive and as such is moving forward at full speed now to get the IA onto a future heading.

I think that the "man-portable" version of NAG is written off. That is what this tender means.

The long and short of it is: this tender is only for the "man-portable" version of the Spike. So lets look at 2.5 kms.
Hand Launched by Infantry and Jeep Mounted by the PARAS/SF.
So it is simply 'bye-bye' Milans and the Konkurs.
The rest is separated from this.

I think the IA will be getting multiple types of SPIKE ATGMs- MR/IR for infantry, LR for vehicles (jeeps) and ER for ICVS.

I think that the "man-portable" version of NAG is written off. That is what this tender means.

C'est possible!

I think the IA will be getting multiple types of SPIKE ATGMs- MR/IR for infantry, LR for vehicles (jeeps) and ER for ICVS.

C'est possible!

1. I do not think so; no indications of that. Spikes for Infantry and SF. NAMICA for MICVs, though that is still on the verge of finalisation.
2. Its "finis".

The long and short of it is: this tender is only for the "man-portable" version of the Spike.

Which includes the SPIKE ER as well:

Ground (man portable) Operation

The Firing Post consists of a Command & Launch Unit, Thermal Sight, Tripod and Battery. SPIKE-MR and SPIKE-LR work with the same firing post. SPIKE-ER has his own Tripod, because of the greater size and power.
A two soldier's team can carry two Rounds with the Firing Post. The Missile can be operated and launched directly from the gunner shoulder or from a stabilizing Tripod.

EuroSpike GmbH

They aren't even ready to Provide the TOT of ATGMs like Javelin.

What were they thinking when they took part in MMRCA?? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom