What's new

Featured Israel-Palestinian Conflict Resurgence 2021: Al-Aqsa attacks, riots, rockets, military clashes and Jerusalem conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al Arabiya reporting Israel rejected US or UN/Egyptian ceasefire proposal:

موقع أكسيوس: إسرائيل رفضت مقترحا للتهدئة تقدمت به مصر والأمم المتحدة
#العربية_عاجل

I'm alittle surprised by your response, weren't you somewhat sympathetic to Israel or am I confusing you with someone else?

I strongly believe you should make peace even with your enemies for the greater good. But israelis dont understand the language of peace. Maybe they need some bones broken to understand peace is beneficial for them. Many times a long lasting peace cannot be achieved until many wars perfect example being WW2. So far the middle east has not seen this but will need to.

Its too early to say. Ground invasion after strikes on Tel Aviv will be something to reckon with. Hamas has done good so far but to put up a level fight with IDF requires bringing out the heavy firepower and possibly opening up a 2-front situation, Hezbollah is the only one that can deliver both punches at once. I would not rule out HZ just yet.
Sir Hezbullah will not enter without invitation from Hamas. It all depends on on Hamas and Palestinians on how far they are willing to go because once outsiders enter, forget ceasefire.

I don't think I said we should force them.. at least someone can guide them though.. or does that also come under snatching their right of self determination?

Exactly my point. Their right to determine their own national course must be respected at all times.

10 minutes to 9, PIJ will probably 100-130 rockets , meanwhile alert now in Ashkelon .... I think they will direct it all at Ashkelon ....

Air strikes in northern Gaza too.

I strongly believe you should make peace even with your enemies for the greater good. But israelis dont understand the language of peace. Maybe they need some bones broken to understand peace is beneficial for them. Many times a long lasting peace cannot be achieved until many wars perfect example being WW2. So far the middle east has not seen this but will need to.
Their were some Israeli Analysts speaking about the Iron dome making it hard for diplomacy because the level of protection It can provide reduces the incentive for peace. When it's a one-sided punching bag, why make peace right?

Exactly my point. Their right to determine their own national course must be respected at all times.
Yes, I am not in favor of taking back that right, just that they should be guided and given a choice at least.

Why Hamas can succeed.
Saturation. RADAR can only track so many targets at once and they can only launch so many interceptors at one time. Add in the fact that the Iron Dome missiles cost ~40K each and the Palestinian rockets cost a couple hundred bucks and the situation turns into one of attrition.
For reference the Qassam-1 costs less than $60 to manufacture but will be targetted by the RADAR and cause the Israelis to waste a 40K missile. By spaming these extremely cheap rockets with larger Grad or WS-1E rockets mixed in they can overwhelm the Iron Dome with ease.
The current solution to rocket spam is the CWIS/CRAM Phallanx, a radar guided computer controlled counter rocket and mortar turret that fires 10K rounds a minute. Unfortunately for the Israelis they only purchased a single unit for testing.

Really? I thought that happened days ago? Maybe it was two different delagation because another delagation with the foreign minister Mevlut was in Saudi Arabia yesterday and his probably still there also today... After 5 years of not meeting or diplomatic relations between the two countries

Rockets coming out now ... as anticipated on Ashkelon ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom