What's new

Israel-Palestinian Conflict Resurgence 2021: Al-Aqsa attacks, riots, rockets, military clashes and Jerusalem conflict 2v

As long as Israel can agree to stop the violations of Al-Aqsa mosque and also stop evicting the Palestinians from Sheikh Jarrah, ceasefire is really good. Keep in mind what is happening in Gaza is a massacre.

Palestinians in Gaza can't be compared to Hezbollah because Hezbollah controls southern Lebanon and have a direct access to Syria. In Gaza, the Palestinians there are blockaded from land, sea, and air. They lack the basic means to fight those fighter jets, and there is no one coming to their aid. All of the speeches that the Muslim nations are giving is all talk. No one is providing any meaningful military help to Gazans because they all don't want to end up the bad side of America.

Let us remember Gaza is a small strip and can't take any more pounding from an army that is backed by world's most powerful state (USA). A ceasefire should buy Palestinians more time to advance their rockets, missiles, and also hopefully air defense systems.

Once again a great post by you.

I am not in the shoes of the Gazans--obviously not- But I am now starting to think that there is now grand long term plan by the Palestinians, backed up by Iran, and with Egypt's complicity, to have something real and damaging...

These kinds of missiles/rockets could not have been possible without some official Egyptian complicity!!??

I am not in the shoes of the Gazans--obviously not- But I am now starting to think that there is now grand long term plan by the Palestinians, backed up by Iran, and with Egypt's complicity, to have something real and damaging...

These kinds of missiles/rockets could not have been possible without some official Egyptian complicity!!??

Bro, I don't know how much assistance that either Egyptians or Iranians provided, but the Palestinians in Gaza definitely need more potent weapons - either air defense systems or powerful ballistic and cruise missiles that can level air bases.

Last edited:
Bro, I don't how much assistance that either Egyptians or Iranians provided, but the Palestinians in Gaza definitely need more potent weapons - either air defense systems or powerful ballistic and cruise missiles that can level air bases.

Out of 52 muslim countries only 2 have air defence systems that actually work properly. thats Iran and Turkey (don't know much about Pakistan systems) and we dont know how good those are. So its quite unlikely that Palestinians will ever have any air defence system. But As we've seen in Lebanon, you dont need that if your missile deterrent is strong enough.

To actually have Air defences that could ground the Israeli airforce, it basically means you've defeated Israel. Thats not likely soon.

I think without Egyptian complicity. They wouldn't dare. They have a peace treaty to abide by with Israel so that they keep the Sinai peninsula.

Formidble..

I have been lately watching documentaries on them they are strange bunch.. They live life like a spartan state and I kid you not. Youths even attend 10 days summer camps for military training and everything is linked to training.. The ability to defending yourself and fight is taken very serious in Gaza and threats are viewed serious.. They have adapted to being in a situation of threat and in such scenarios it makes you stronger and you adapt to it and seems like Hamas has adapted to such way of life.. 25.000 youths complete one summer camp training at once

Their intelligence service seems to be not keeping up with the military development of Hamas. Important senior commanders of Qassam brigades and also Suraya Al-Qudus were taken out within a week. That can only be done through an infiltration carried out by Shin Bet. Palestinians in Gaza should get a full control of NGOs and journalists having a free reign in Gaza. Secret services usually use these 2 groups.

Another flaw that I witnessed was Israeli intelligence and military were giving calls to some of the senior commanders in order to intimidate and bully them while deploying death threats against them and their families. In many countries, military and security services usually have their own separate communications that is separate from the main public communication network. It is understandable Gaza is a beleaguered enclave that doesn't have the means to cover all of their needs since they're facing a much powerful opponent backed by many countries. Let us hope Gazans will get help in this area.

I don't see how ordinary users without censorship powers can impose their views on others. All they can do, is to express their views. Readers then remain free to either accept these expressed views or to reject them.

Certainly true, but I don't remember anyone claiming that Iranian nationals are fighting on the ground.

Those who praised Iran also explicitly praised the Palestinian Resistance (I myself did, for example). No one praised Iran at the expense of the Palestinians, but out of solidarity with them. To me it is incomprehensible why one would get irritated by this. But anyway.

Well actually, the name calling for the most part was a one-sided affair, with Iranians and like-minded users getting insulted over and over again and mostly taking it without responding in kind (I have everything on screenshot to prove it, but I guess it would get me banned if I did, so let's keep it at that).

I am not trying to start a debate here, since it would derail the thread. But I thought that these explanations would be useful in complementing yours, for the sake of objectivity.
Those who try to drail the thread to Shia Sunni debate or Iran -Arab debate , simply they are Israeli agents. If we don't like someone, we have an option to ignore him . Every member of this forum has a right to their say . So we should stop throwing muds and stay on topics .

Out of 52 muslim countries only 2 have air defence systems that actually work properly. thats Iran and Turkey (don't know much about Pakistan systems) and we dont know how good those are. So its quite unlikely that Palestinians will ever have any air defence system. But As we've seen in Lebanon, you dont need that if your missile deterrent is strong enough.

To actually have Air defences that could ground the Israeli airforce, it basically means you've defeated Israel. Thats not likely soon.

I think without Egyptian complicity. They wouldn't dare. They have a peace treaty to abide by with Israel so that they keep the Sinai peninsula.

If the Palestinians can get hold of or assisted with developing powerful cruise and ballistic missiles, they could level the airbases. That is what I think. And if they couldn't take out all of the airbases, they could at least keep them out of business for a while at least. And that would deny the Israelis the free hand they have to do anything they want from the air.

If the Palestinians can get hold of or assisted with developing powerful cruise and ballistic missiles, they could level the airbases. That is what I think. And if they couldn't take out all of the airbases, they could at least keep them out of business for a while at least. And that would deny the Israelis the free hand they have to do anything they want from the air.

definitely. it will take a long time before they have this capacity. But Lebanese groups have it.

It imposes a cost to your enemy when you have this. It discourages impunity.

definitely. it will take a long time before they have this capacity. But Lebanese groups have it.

It imposes a cost to your enemy when you have this. It discourages impunity.

I think the current war imposed a massive cost to the Israelis. Of course, they aren't admitting it, but any rational future Israeli PM, who isn't Bibi, would take into account the offshore gas rigs, the missile factory, the Dimona nuclear and other power plants , the military bases, and buildings that were all attacked, and the civilian toll in terms of casualties and people running to the shelters endlessly. Especially, there was a huge cost faced by folks in Southern Israel that is near to the Gaza strip. They took the brunt of the resistance's attacks. So in the long run, this could be the deterrent. I really doubt the Israeli right will act business as usual and violate Al-Aqsa mosque or evict people from their homes like they tried in Sheikh Jarrah again. So in the long-run, this should hopefully keep things calm for a foreseeable future.

I think Hamas will also not be easily gauged in the future by someone like Netanyahu who was fighting for his political life and was provoking the Palestinians in order to ignite this war and escape prison. Perhaps they could swallow their pride for some of the events - even though it was hard for them to look at the other way when the Israelis were attacking Masjid Al-Aqsa or were trying to create a demographic change by kicking Palestinians from East Jerusalem.

Last edited:
Prolonging this is AGAINST Israel's best interests.

1) Despite the heavy push from right wing affiliated media and politicians there has never been more support worldwide for Palestinians (pathetically minus most muslim nations mind you)

2) Israel and Netan-yahoo never expected Hamas to be loaded with a much more superior arsenal than before post Intifada #2 (where in previous conflicts literally they were never able to kill more than 1-3 Israelis plus a few cars damaged here and there). One only needs to trend the twitter vids posted here and elsewhere shot by Israelis themselves to see the damage has been very severe. Hamas has also promised for it to get worse day by day and so far they have proved themselves credible, just today they knocked out a boat and an oil rig having previously hit big factories, train stations and even ben gurion airport! (vids posted earlier here)

3) Netan-yahoo is already in a bad spot where he could not form his govt before the given deadline due to the tied election and needed a distraction/small conflict to divert attention and regain in the polls, and because of the huge media gag in Israel most of the world can't see how much Israelis are protesting for his removal and there is a lot of pressure on him to stop this rocket barrage which is going on daily. He needs to show a big victory somehow (which sadly will either be levelling gaza immensely or just killing a whole lot more civilians).

4) If Hamas doesn't stop firing and actually increases their damage effect more and more he will be forced into a ground war which could lead to much more casualties in the IDF

5) If ground invasion does happen and this conflict drags on for months like Hamas has promised, IDF forces will be very demoralized, exhausted and stretched thin and then the last thing they would want is Hezbollah to open up fronts from Lebanon and Syria with much more superior arsenals (which may have been the plan of Iran and Hezbollah all this time for taking revenge against years of incessant Israeli strikes/spy sabotage)

So again in order to avoid all this I expect Israelis to bomb and level gaza over the next couple of days in the hopes hamas stops firing. Sadly either way this will lead to many more civilian deaths in gaza.
Looking at the last couple of page, ceasfires isn’t happening soon.

I think the current war imposed a massive cost to the Israelis. Of course, they aren't admitting it, but any rational future Israeli PM, who isn't Bibi, would take into account the offshore gas rigs, the missile factory, the Dimona nuclear and other power plants , the military bases, and buildings that were all attacked, and the civilian toll in terms of casualties and people running to the shelters endlessly. Especially, there was a huge cost faced by folks in Southern Israel that is near the Gaza strip. They took the brunt of the resistance's attacks. So in the long run, this could be the deterrent. I really doubt the Israeli right will act business as usual and violate Al-Aqsa mosque or evict people from their homes like they tried in Sheikh Jarrah again. So in the long-run, this should hopefully keep things calm for a foreseeable future.

I think Hamas will also not be easily gauged in the future by someone like Netanyahu who was fighting for his political life and was provoking the Palestinians in order to ignite this war and escape prison. Perhaps they could swallow their pride for some of the events - even though it was hard for them to look at the other way when the Israelis were attacking Masjid Al-Aqsa or were trying to create a demographic change by kicking Palestinians from East Jerusalem.

I think yes, it was a massive deterrence for Israel. They won't want their country in flames very soon. Because this little patch of land shut their country down and showed them that even corner of their country can be hit from all sides. This is new to them and they of course won't like it.

They will continue to evict and make land for expansion, that won't stop. But they will be careful when they attack Gaza again. Gazans already live like crap, more crap doesn't hurt them as much as this hurts a developed country.

I dont know if Palestinians care if he goes to jail or not, they want Israel to be ruled by a corrupt person who does a bad job. The more he can run Israel into the ground the better for Palestinians.

This will end in days. Everyone has achieved their purpose. Except Israel, which will not be Able to disarm any armed group or even diminish their capabilities to any noticeable extent.

If they continue this for another 60 days and find that rockets keep coming for another 60 days, this will be very disheartening. And thats exactly what's likely to happen. thats why its all over soon.

Sir, with the sad and pathetic state of affairs we have w.r.t muslims holding anyone accountable (historically) for war crimes or crimes against humanity (e.g. Iraq, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Rohingya etc) ... I do not see this happening anytime soon.
The first step is the most important and hardest step.

Back
Top Bottom