What's new

Israel loses eight billion dollars and Arab parties join the boycott

Hey thanks Hazzyy.
Finally Israel feels the pinch :)
Lil more sleuthing helped me find this
"The primary damage of the boycott to the Israeli economy is that it prevents or considerably hampers investments in the country. That loss is estimated to be on the order of $500 to $600 million per year. The loss of potential trade with the Arab countries alone is on the order of over $500 million per year. It is estimated that because of the boycott, Israel's commercial exports are at least 10% less than they would otherwise be — a loss of about $1.2 billion per year. Another parameter is the ratio of exports by foreign or multinational companies to total exports. In a small country such as Belgium, for instance, that ratio is 35%. In Ireland it's 42%. Since owning a factory or having an investment in Israel is a violation of the boycott, Israel's ratio, despite the high quality of its goods, is only 1%!"

Thanks for the info Levina! This will encourage peace hopefuly, 2014 is going to be an important year. :)

If they have no power you wouldn't be spending the time to tell me that here. :lol:

The movement against the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territory is growing around the world every day. This is why if you google 'bds movement', click on the 'news' tab you will see many right wing sites and Israeli sites trying to tarnish their image and accuse them of being anti Semitic which is laughable to say the least.

Here are Australians who boycott settlements proudly :) :

I fail to see viable logic behind your rational, if one disagree with another and engage in argument then by virtue of engagement rendering the one as invalid in his stance and argument?
Or the premise derived from your rational is that if one disagree with another the best is not to engage in argument to validate one's point? hence any argument between parties is ineffective just by state of being an argument?

BDS are teethless, they have zero mandate, zero authority, it is a social movement and the only reason they get minor exposure is because it involves Israel.

Last edited:
I fail to see viable logic behind your rational, if one disagree with another and engage in argument than by virtue of engagement rendering the one as invalid in his stance and argument?
Or the premise derived from your rational is that if one disagree with another the best is not to engage in argument to validate one's point? hence any argument between parties is ineffective just by state of being an argument?

BDS are teethless, they have zero mandate, zero authority, it is a social movement and the only reason they get minor exposure is because it involves Israel.

It's great to know that right wing Israeli...most people in the world do not support the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territory. Unless you could show us human rights organizations, nations and other social movements making statements in support of the occupation....

The Israelis and other right wing Jewish sites are going crazy over the BDS movement, they're trying to play every card in the book to suppress movements that act against crimes of humanity. Of course, Israelis and some Indians support these crimes against humanity.

I know not to hold that against all Indians, because many do not support Israeli settlements. This is not a boycott against the state of Israel, this is a boycott against crimes against humanity in Palestinian occupied territory. People that express frustration over this are certified criminals.

These Indians support both sides but stand against illegal settlements which all of the world even the Bush administration had stood against:

@levina @Ravi Nair and others whom I will look for their names.

Israel has now become one of Inda's biggest arms trade partners.

So Indians don't have lot of room to maneuver =/

Brave Israeli soldier- Those children must have been Hamas members
images

Israel has now become one of Inda's biggest arms trade partners.

So Indians don't have lot of room to maneuver =/

India doesn't need to go out of their way, they just should express support to a sovereign Palestinian state. :)

Which I believe they have done, what matters most is popular opinion and perception. If we the people increasingly oppose settlements and boycott them this is what hurts them and it is what will encourage them to take a peace deal seriously.

Back
Top Bottom