What's new

Israel Hijacks Aid cargo, executes hostages - Pak journo, Talat Hussain taken hostage

Turkey's FM speaks

Last edited by a moderator:
I also agree that the world does not support the blockading of Gaza. Both UN and EU delegations have asked Israel to lift it. It is largely because of the American support that Israel is able to carry on with this inhumane collective punishment.

Attrocieties against the homeless refugees , the poor and any any innocent people no matter what shape faith or colour is utterly disgusting it not just tests our wits but our moraleity and dignity and above all our humanity which , unfortunetly many of us in this day and age are loosing.

The sad plight of our palestinian brothers saddens me, we hear bigotted media reports governed and sensored by politicians. If only people could open there eyes and see, that it is not religion Oh no sir not any faith which is breading terrorism it is infact double standards, it is hypocriticial definations of right and wrong be it in matters of faith or action , it is the corruption of morals and the surpressing of Our freedoms such as the right to justice which breeds hatred and for that it is a shame that such nations claim to be civilised yet , there sense of justice is simply summarised in one sentance " Do as we say but do not say what we do". I pray That we will all realise that in essence we are one and that one day all people would search for that hero in side themselves.

God bless you all, and May the Lord almighty protect Our brothers and sisters in palestine , amen

@Vande Mataram that is false the world does in no way support a blockade of aid to Gaza.

"UN says Gaza blockade hinders reconstruction aid"

"Israel should end the blockade of Gaza, cease evictions and demolitions of Palestinian homes, and ensure that the rights of children are respected and that all allegations of torture and ill-treatment are promptly investigated and perpetrators prosecuted, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said in an annual report"

ah comeon, you care what the UN has to say?
Here's something that matters: The US supports Israel's blockade.

Interesting article:
Makes sense ;) Because Israel is in WAR with the Hamas.
CAMERA: Israel’s right to blockade Gaza and to interdict shipping
Israel’s right to blockade Gaza and to interdict shipping

Under international law Israel is within its rights to establish a maritime blockade of the Gaza Strip, since Gaza is ruled by Hamas, a hostile terrorist entity that has launched missiles into Israel targeting and killing civilians, and has also infiltrated and attempted to infiltrate into Israel in order to carry out attacks.

While allowing inspected food and other essential materials into Gaza via trucks, Israel has announced that ships attempting to transport supposedly humanitarian supplies into Gaza would have to first dock in Israel for the supplies to be inspected, after which legitimate humanitarian supplies would be trucked into Gaza.

The organizers of the Gaza-bound ships have consistently refused to allow their cargo to be inspected, which seems to prove that their humanitarian aid is just a pretext, and their real aim is simply to break the blockade. Whatever their aim however, Israel has a right under international law to prevent such ships from reaching Gaza.

The relevant international law covering such situations is the San Remo Manual on International Law Applicable to Armed Conflicts at Sea, of 12 June 1994.

Blockades

Under the San Remo Manual blockades are a legitimate tool in armed conflicts. Of particular relevance here, paragraph 98 states that merchant vessels that attempt to run a blockade can be not just boarded but actually attacked, ie fired upon:

98. Merchant vessels believed on reasonable grounds to be breaching a blockade may be captured. Merchant vessels which, after prior warning, clearly resist capture may be attacked.

Though within its rights to attack the vessels, Israel did not do so. Instead it put its own soldiers at risk in trying to board and take control of the ships.

Here is the relevant portion of the full section on blockades:

SECTION II : METHODS OF WARFARE

Blockade

93. A blockade shall be declared and notified to all belligerents and neutral States.

94. The declaration shall specify the commencement, duration, location, and extent of the blockade and the period within which vessels of neutral States may leave the blockaded coastline.

95. A blockade must be effective. The question whether a blockade is effective is a question of fact.

96. The force maintaining the blockade may be stationed at a distance determined by military requirements.

97. A blockade may be enforced and maintained by a combination of legitimate methods and means of warfare provided this combination does not result in acts inconsistent with the rules set out in this document.

98. Merchant vessels believed on reasonable grounds to be breaching a blockade may be captured. Merchant vessels which, after prior warning, clearly resist capture may be attacked.

99. A blockade must not bar access to the ports and coasts of neutral States.

100. A blockade must be applied impartially to the vessels of all States.

101. The cessation, temporary lifting, re-establishment, extension or other alteration of a blockade must be declared and notified as in paragraphs 93 and 94.

102. The declaration or establishment of a blockade is prohibited if:

(a) it has the sole purpose of starving the civilian population or denying it other objects essential for its survival; or

(b) the damage to the civilian population is, or may be expected to be, excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated from the blockade.

103. If the civilian population of the blockaded territory is inadequately provided with food and other objects essential for its survival, the blockading party must provide for free passage of such foodstuffs and other essential supplies, subject to:

(a) the right to prescribe the technical arrangements, including search, under which such passage is permitted; and

(b) the condition that the distribution of such supplies shall be made under the local supervision of a Protecting Power or a humanitarian organization which offers guarantees of impartiality, such as the International Committee of the Red Cross.

104. The blockading belligerent shall allow the passage of medical supplies for the civilian population or for the wounded and sick members of armed forces, subject to the right to prescribe technical arrangements, including search, under which such passage is permitted.

In addition, under Section IV, paragraph 60 (e) enemy merchant vessels become a legitimate military target after

refusing an order to stop or actively resisting visit, search or capture;

This is exactly what the Gaza-bound vessels did, thereby rendering themselves military targets.

If one argues that they were not enemy vessels since they were not flying the Hamas flag, they would still be covered under the sections of San Remo regarding neutral vessels:

SECTION V : NEUTRAL MERCHANT VESSELS AND CIVIL AIRCRAFT

Neutral merchant vessels

67. Merchant vessels flying the flag of neutral States may not be attacked unless they:

(a) are believed on reasonable grounds to be carrying contraband or breaching a blockade, and after prior warning they intentionally and clearly refuse to stop, or intentionally and clearly resist visit, search or capture;

(b) engage in belligerent acts on behalf of the enemy;

There is therefore no doubt that Israel was well within its rights to establish and enforce the blockade, including boarding and taking over the Gaza-bound ships. Israel would even be within its rights to attack such ships if they refuse orders to change course away from Gaza.

EDIT:
Yes, the world may not particularly *encourage* Israel to blockade. But it IS approved! because these governments can understand Israel's security situation.

Israel had hundreds of ways to stop them without killing any one.
Many peace loving Jews will not be liking what their far right government has done.

protests againts israel in milan city in wich i live.
they saying.israel terrorist and fascist

Can't open. Please post on youtube r another site. I can't comment on this yet.

The vid was pulled from youtube earlier. Does that not make you wonder?

my side too: I like how the Palestinians are trying to justify their aggression on the IDF commandos.

No palestinians justifying anything. I saw a lot of Turks, Germans and Greek people, oh and some Irish too.

Again, your reasoning makes sense, but you don't know the reality. Speculating doesn't get us anywhere

I am going a step beyond you bro. The dots are there, you just have to connect them without the slop that is IDF propaganda. You try.

19 people died
not much happened to the Israelis
Israeli boarding was illegal and could be seen as piracy
IDF has its spin machine working overtime
The stuff on board was aid, not weapons. Armada of hate my arse
There were children on board
Pretty much everyone not israeli says that the IDF fired at them, shame the vid is not up

Vande...do you read your own posts?

The declaration or establishment of a blockade is prohibited if:

(a) it has the sole purpose of starving the civilian population or denying it other objects essential for its survival; or

(b) the damage to the civilian population is, or may be expected to be, excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated from the blockade.

103. If the civilian population of the blockaded territory is inadequately provided with food and other objects essential for its survival, the blockading party must provide for free passage of such foodstuffs and other essential supplies, subject to:

By these standards, that blockade is as good as null. If you want to see the conditions within Gaza we can cook that up for you.

More on the flotilla story here: Michael J. Totten. (Totten is a travel writer whose specialty is Lebanon and Iraq.) For those of you who don't believe in reading, Totten links to some videos as well.

Basically, what you Pakistanis are experiencing is the creation of a modern-day blood libel against the Jews. Can't you feel the hatred for Jews and Israelis grow and swell in your veins? What do the facts matter? The flotilla was never about aid.

Question is, do you Pakistanis have the strength, individually and collectively, to publicly condemn the Palestinian Arab leadership which crafted the incident, or will you add to the incitement of religious-based race-hatred? If you do it's a no-brainer that more Ahmedi deaths are a certainty. (Why seek out infidels abroad when there are ones near-by at home?)

For those of you who choose to remain silent, thinking that such a "middle course" is the least evil, I offer you the words of Edmund Burke:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I assure you that you aren't the first Pakistanis to think that if they keep their thoughts to themselves and just work hard to make Pakistan's people less poor, etc., that things will get better. I've seen that sort of thinking from Pakistanis before, decades ago. It is no solution at all.

@Nima: would you like to comment on what Iran's friend (India) Indian member Vande Mataram is saying

SEcurity situation what a Cr*p remark is that, is it a old indian habit to sleep with teh enemy I know why your genes are always attarcted to such pathetic sense of logic, India and isreal share the same bed thats common knowledge , but just because soemthign is supported by the US does not mean Dictionarys must be made to acomodate there definition of right and wrong, isreal is a nation of immigrant europeans that terrorised and frauded a people and even after international borders were agreed contd building on Ocupied territory of the palestinians breakign more Un resulitions then any other country. A people who only carry stones and a rmy that boasts nuclear technology what they defending against?.

Isreal is Illegitimate acording to jews themselves, its got nothign to do with faith , it is a political issue,it is no wonder jewish rabbis in isreal issue statements like " a thousand arabs to a finger nail of a jew" you call that democratic , the idnians who right for zionism here , shoudl shut there damn gobs cos honestly its gettign on my nerves

...Am willing to stand corrected once I am allowed to examine the sources. Fair enough?

ources please...Am willing to stand corrected once I am allowed to examine the sources. Fair enough?

Read the whole thing and deduct as to why would Israel board the ship when it new the cause ans the was informed umpteeen times the intent to help starving Palistenians.

Read the killing by Israel of Americans.

“It’ll be like old home week,” said Meadors, recalling the Israeli attack he survived 43 years ago. “I’m determined to land with this internationally coordinated effort on the shores of Gaza to deliver relief to the 1.5 million inhabitants suffering under the Israeli-led illegal blockade.”

http://mondoweiss.net/2010/05/freed...00-tons-of-aid-to-gaza-and-maybe-chomsky.html

Must read: Turks march against Israeli attack - Europe - Al Jazeera English

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

1100956410-1.jpg

1100956410-2.gif

Israel Embassy protest in Istanbul,Turkey.

Ankara,Turkey

Saloman

Are the countries who are also condemning this attack, namely spain, Turkey, Sweden experiencing this blood libel you speak of?

Back
Top Bottom