What's new

Israel delegation boycotts Nawaz Speech

3xo49.jpg

We don't even recognize them...:coffee:

First of all,where is the news source?
Indeed,Israeli response doesn't effect us,since Pakistan hasn't accepted Israel.
However,Israel's any strategy/support to anti-Pakistan elements do effect us much.

Here's the portion I've extracted from your post and high lighted, which is the crux of the problem.....

1. As the presence of troops of Pakistan in the territory of the State of Jammu and Kashmir constitutes a material change in the situation since it was represented by the Government of Pakistan before the Security Council, the Government of Pakistan agrees to withdraw its troops from that State.

2. The Government of Pakistan will use its best endeavour to secure the withdrawal from the State of Jammu and Kashmir of tribesmen and Pakistani nationals not normally resident therein who have entered the State for the purpose of fighting.

3. Pending a final solution, the territory evacuated by the Pakistani troops will be administered by the local authorities under the surveillance of the commission.
B.
1.When the commission shall have notified the Government of India that the tribesmen and Pakistani nationals referred to in Part II, A, 2, hereof have withdrawn, thereby terminating the situation which was represented by the Government of India to the Security Council as having occasioned the presence of Indian forces in the State of Jammu and Kashmir, and further, that the Pakistani forces are being withdrawn from the State of Jammu and Kashmir, the Government of India agrees to begin to withdraw the bulk of its forces from that State in stages to be agreed upon with the Commission.

So where's the doubt. Pakistani Forces and tribals had to vacate that portion of Kashmir occupied by them, before a plebiscite is held. This has not been done till date and therefore a plebiscite cannot be held! Period!

But you guys keep bellyaching in the UN, as Sharif just did, that India isn't agreeing to a plebiscite!

Only if the solution was so simple. Problem is that accession to India was only partial. Mountbatten in his acceptance letter mentioned that question of Kashmir will according to the will of the Kashmiri people. Pakistan had genuine reservations on Indian intentions and was ready to vacate Azad Kashmir if Indian did so from the occupied Kashmir.

To understand the whole question and its background one must first read the original letter of Maharaja Hari Sing which is:

Dated: 26 October 1947

My dear Lord Mountbatten,

I have to inform your Excellency that a grave emergency has arisen in my State and request immediate assistance of your Government.
As your Excellency is aware the State of Jammu and Kashmir has not acceded to the Dominion of India or to Pakistan. Geographically my State is contiguous to both the Dominions. It has vital economical and cultural links with both of them. Besides my State has a common boundary with the Soviet Republic and China. In their external relations the Dominions of India and Pakistan cannot ignore this fact.

I wanted to take time to decide to which Dominion I should accede, or whether it is not in the best interests of both the Dominions and my State to stand independent, of course with friendly and cordial relations with both.

I accordingly approached the Dominions of India and Pakistan to enter into Standstill Agreement with my State. The Pakistan Government accepted this Agreement. The Dominion of India desired further discussions with representatives of my Government. I could not arrange this in view of the developments indicated below. In fact the Pakistan Government are operating Post and Telegraph system inside the State.

Though we have got a Standstill Agreement with the Pakistan Government that Government permitted steady and increasing strangulation of supplies like food, salt and petrol to my State.
Afridis, soldiers in plain clothes, and desperadoes with modern weapons have been allowed to infilter into the State at first in Poonch and then in Sialkot and finally in mass area adjoining Hazara District on the Ramkot side. The result has been that the limited number of troops at the disposal of the State had to be dispersed and thus had to face the enemy at the several points simultaneously, that it has become difficult to stop the wanton destruction of life and property and looting. The Mahora powerhouse which supplies the electric current to the whole of Srinagar has been burnt. The number of women who have been kidnapped and raped makes my heart bleed. The wild forces thus let loose on the State are marching on with the aim of capturing Srinagar, the summer Capital of my Government, as first step to over-running the whole State.

The mass infiltration of tribesmen drawn from distant areas of the North-West Frontier coming regularly in motor trucks using Mansehra-Muzaffarabad Road and fully armed with up-to-date weapons cannot possibly be done without the knowledge of the Provisional Government of the North-West Frontier Province and the Government of Pakistan. In spite of repeated requests made by my Government no attempt has been made to check these raiders or stop them from coming into my State. The Pakistan Radio even put out a story that a Provisional Government had been set up in Kashmir. The people of my State both the Muslims and non-Muslims generally have taken no part at all.

With the conditions obtaining at present in my State and the great emergency of the situation as it exists, I have no option but to ask for help from the Indian Dominion. Naturally they cannot send the help asked for by me without my State acceding to the Dominion of India. I have accordingly decided to do so and I attach the Instrument of Accession for acceptance by your Government. The other alternative is to leave my State and my people to free-booters. On this basis no civilized Government can exist or be maintained. This alternative I will never allow to happen as long as I am Ruler of the State and I have life to defend my country.
I am also to inform your Excellency's Government that it is my intention at once to set up an interim Government and ask Sheikh Abdullah to carry the responsibilities in this emergency with my Prime Minister.

If my State has to be saved immediate assistance must be available at Srinagar. Mr. Menon is fully aware of the situation and he will explain to you, if further explanation is needed.
In haste and with kind regards,

The Palace, Jammu Your sincerely,
26th October, 1947 Hari Singh

Unquote

Here is Mountbatten’s reply:

My dear Maharaja Sahib,

Your Highness' letter dated 26 October 1947 has been delivered to me by Mr. V.P. Menon. In the circumstances mentioned by Your Highness, my Government have decided to accept the accession of Kashmir State to the Dominion of India. In consistence with their policy that in the case of any State where the issue of accession has been the subject of dispute, the question of accession should be decided in accordance with the wishes of the people of the State, it is my Government's wish that, as soon as law and order have been restored in Kashmir and its soil cleared of the invader, the question of the State's accession should be settled by a reference to the people.

Meanwhile, in response to Your Highness' appeal for military aid, action has been taken today to send troops of the Indian Army to Kashmir, to help your own forces to defend your territory and to protect the lives, property, and honour of your people. My Government and I note with satisfaction that Your Highness has decided to invite Sheikh Abdullah to form an interim Government to work with your Prime Minister.

Mountbatten of Burma
October 27, 1947

Unquote

Now actual Instrument of Accession and its acceptance:

Instrument of Accession executed by the Ruler thereof.
Now, therefore, I Shriman Inder Mahinder Rajrajeswar Maharajadhiraj Shri Hari Singhji,
Jammu & Kashmir Naresh Tatha Tibbet adi Deshadhipati, Ruler of Jammu & Kashmir
State, in the exercise of my Sovereignty in and over my said State do hereby execute
this my Instrument of Accession and

1. I hereby declare that I accede to the Dominion of India with the intent that the
Governor General of India, the Dominion Legislature, the Federal Court and any
other Dominion authority established for the purposes of the Dominion shall by virtue
of this my Instrument of Accession but subject always to the terms thereof, and for
the purposes only of the Dominion, exercise in relation to the State of Jammu &
Kashmir (hereinafter referred to as "this State") such functions as may be vested in
them by or under the Government of India Act, 1935, as in force in the Dominion of
India, on the 15th day of August 1947, (which Act as so in force is hereafter referred
to as "the Act').

2. I hereby assume the obligation of ensuring that due effect is given to provisions of
the Act within this State so far as they are applicable therein by virtue of this my
Instrument of Accession.

3. I accept the matters specified in the schedule hereto as the matters with respect
to which the Dominion Legislature may make law for this State.

4. I hereby declare that I accede to the Dominion of India on the assurance that if an
agreement is made between the Governor General and the Ruler of this State
whereby any functions in relation to the administration in this State of any law of the
Dominion Legislature shall be exercised by the Ruler of the State, then any such
agreement shall be construed and have effect accordingly.

5. The terms of this my Instrument of Accession shall not be varied by any
amendment of the Act or the Indian Independence Act, 1947, unless such
amendment is accepted by me by Instrument supplementary to this Instrument.

6. Nothing in this Instrument shall empower the Dominion Legislature to make any
law for this State authorizing the compulsory acquisition of land for any purpose, but I hereby undertake that should the Dominion for the purpose of a Dominion law
which applies in this State deem it necessary to acquire any land, I will at their
request acquire the land at their expense, or, if the land belongs to me transfer it to
them on such terms as may be agreed or, in default of agreement, determined by an
arbitrator to be appointed by the Chief Justice of India.

7. Nothing in this Instrument shall be deemed to commit in any way to acceptance of
any future constitution of India or to fetter my discretion to enter into agreement with
the Government of India under any such future constitution.

8. Nothing in this Instrument affects the continuance of my Sovereignty in and over
this State, or, save as provided by or under this Instrument, the exercise of any
powers, authority and rights now enjoyed by me as Ruler of this State or the validity
of any law at present in force in this State.

9. I hereby declare that I execute this Instrument on behalf of this State and that any
reference in this Instrument to me or to the Ruler of the State is to be construed as
including a reference to my heirs and successors.

Given under my hand this 26th day of October, nineteen hundred and forty seven.

Hari Singh
Maharajadhiraj of Jammu and Kashmir State.

ACCEPTANCE OF ACCESSION BY THE GOVERNOR GENERAL OF INDIA

I do hereby accept this Instrument of Accession. Dated this twenty seventh day of
October, nineteen hundred and forty seven.
Mountbatten of Burma

Governor General of India.

Unquote.

All of the above is available on the internet for anyone wanting to verify.

It is clear that accession was only partial full sovereignty was not passed on; that is why Kashmir was given a special status and Sheihk Abdulla was given the title of PRIME MINISTER of Kashmir. This continued until 1953, when Sh. Abdullah was dismissed on the charges on conspiracy and sent to prison.

Instrument of Accession clearly states that its terms cannot be changed. The illegal deed was done in 1954 when Kashmir special status was abrogated and it just became another Indian State. Since then India has refused any mediation. There were two resolution presented to Security Council to resolve this issue; first on Feb 20, 1957 vetoed by India’s ally USSR. A modified version was again vetoed by USSR on June 22nd 1962.

I disagree with majority Pakistani view that Kashmir belongs to Pakistan. It doesn’t. Kashmir belongs to the Kashmiris. Since most of my countrymen, just like the Indians, have been fed with incorrect propaganda and they would disagree. Does anyone really care about historical truth anyway?

Sad fact remains that Nehru was never sincere in his intentions to follow will of the Kashmiri people. Lt Gen Gracy, C in C of Pak Army, was unwilling to put British Officers in danger in fight with Indian Army which also had large number of British Officers. Thus Pakistan was not really in a position to fight India and had no choice but to accept the UN Resolution.

This problem is not going to be resolved in this forum. Let us agree to disagree.

If god have gave you a brain please use it, i never said Nawaz is more talented, i said "mistooke" hope you know the difference

I hope got gave you some sense of humor and if possible some sarcasm :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom