What's new

ISPR Demands apology from Munawar Hassan.

It has always been civilain rule, all ministers had been civilians.
Why didn't ministers performed? Nawaz Sharif ruled Pakistan for two decades... if he is acceptable today than why not when Zia was army chief.

I don't know i never voted for Nawaz, i am a minority i am not a Punjabi you need to as them that question as they always voted for their own kind and they will be in a better position to answer that.

I am from a minority our views don't count.

I don't know i never voted for Nawaz, i am a minority i am not a Punjabi you need to as them that question as they always voted for their own kind and they will be in a better position to answer that.

I'm Punjabi and I didn't vote for that fat retard either.

Btw, the Shareef brothers are Kashmiris.

A necessary and improper rebuke

The Jamaat-e-Islaami, lecturing the Army on civilian supremacy, what a surprise! What provoked a passionate performance by Mr Liauqat Baloch, in defence of his party Chief, Mr Munawar Hassan, was nothing less than a stinging reprimand by the Pakistan Army spokesperson; itself in response to Mr Hassan’s ill-considered remarks on who does and does not qualify as a martyr.

In the confusion that followed the Hakimullah killing, and the vexation at the derailing of the enthusiastically marketed “peace process”, Mr Hassan may have thought he was swinging for the fences, when he declared Mehsud to be a ‘martyr’. And all 5,000-odd of the Pakistan security forces who died during the supposed ‘offence’ of fighting those of Mehsud’s ilk, non-martyrs.

In truth, he may as well have shot himself in the foot. Not only has he inspired the ire of the Pakistan Army, but a day previously, Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif thundered against “a politician”, who had caused grievous hurt, by his unguarded remakrs on martyrdom. In comparison, the ISPR press release pulled no punches, peppered with phrases such as, “politics of convenience”, “shuhada and their families need no endorsement from Syed Munawar Hassan”, “misguided and self-serving statements”, “demand an unconditional apology from Syed Munawar Hassan”, “expected that Jamat-e-Islami should clearly state its party position on the subject”.

Instinctively, one is moved to rejoice by someone, anyone, delivering the necessary put-down to the JI Chief. But, on observation, the fact that this put-down came from the Pakistan Army – complete with a “demand” for an apology – makes one shift nervously in one’s seat. Undoubtedly, the JI Chief’s remarks are deserving only of disdain – and Mr Baloch’s press conference full of distraction and deliberate obfuscation, even more so – but for the official spokesperson of the Pakistan Army to “demand” an apology from an MNA is inappropriate. Had the “demand” been voiced by the Prime Minister, or better yet the Head of State, the President, it may perhaps been more seemly. That it has come directly from the Army, cushioned though it is in the valid defence of the hurt feelings of the martyred, is a breach of discipline.

No one agrees with Mr Munawar Hassan; in fact, many are looking wistfully to Bangladesh – and it’s not for the 6% growth rate this time. But, the Army must maintain a stiff upper lip, as is it’s constitutional requirement, when it comes to addressing politicians. Unfortunately, the JI, which has long undermined the cause of civilian supremacy over the military, is the undeserving beneficiary of this principle in this case. Unmoved by the storm his remarks have provoked, Mr Hassan maintains that his recent pontificating on martyrdom is “in accordance with Sharia Law”. It might be best for us all to watch quietly from the sidelines, while Mr Hassan digs his party it’s own grave. The ISPR press release was absolutely correct in one matter, the comments of Mr Hassan deserve absolutely no response. And definitely not from the ISPR. If the Army feels vexed by the JI Chief’s comments, a note to the Prime Minister would be the route to take. And let the civilian Prime Minister handle it from there. 

well if you stick with that self-defeating mindset "i am a minority, oh poor me" then yeah your views wont count

Brother i am just saying he is best to ask a majority that question, unfortunately i am not a majority but s minority.

I am in no way saying that everyone from punjab voted for him, and well us pukhtoons are ignorant people even a sindhi is a Punjabi to us, lol.

Brother i am just saying he is best to ask a majority that question, unfortunately i am not a majority but s minority.

I am in no way saying that everyone from punjab voted for him, and well us pukhtoons are ignorant people even a sindhi is a Punjabi to us, lol.

as a Pakhtun -- i dont want you speaking on my behalf.

I have the ability to tell the difference between a Punjabi, a Sindhi a Baloch etc.

I also have the ability to recognize all Pakistani citizens (i.e. those born in Pakistan or those of Pakistani heritage) as "Pakistanis"

but now we digress

as a Pakhtun -- i dont want you speaking on my behalf.

I have the ability to tell the difference between a Punjabi, a Sindhi a Baloch etc.

I also have the ability to recognize all Pakistani citizens (i.e. those born in Pakistan or those of Pakistani heritage) as "Pakistanis"

but now we digress

Sir i don't wish to speak on your behalf or for that matter any other pukhtoon, but i kindly request the same of you as someone who is in the ranks of so called educated and loyal pukhtoons wouldn't know anything about an ordinary pukhtoons.

It was a joke about even sindhi being a Punjabi.

Allah e Payman.

Why JI is against Army?.

1. Defeat in 2013 elections (they think that some agencies were involved)
2. Their ideology
3. Need a scandal to gain popularity amongst pro Taliban peoples
4. To protect their MNA & MPAs (Most of their candidates are elected from KPK and they are afraid from TTP attacks)
5. History of Karachi (At one time JI was very popular in karachi .............)
6. Baba je (Munawar) bohat boorhey ho gai hen un ka dimagh kam nahi kerta:cuckoo:.

Thats what i have understand.

Pakistan Zindabad, Pak Army Paiyndabad :pakistan:.

1463096_613877738648717_1774093927_n.jpg

Politicians in pakistan doesn't have the apologetic culture,if we reflect back few months Imran khan sharam nak comments he didn't apologise to supreme court of Pakistan..it will continue but there is still hope since P.M went to GHQ yesterday and indirectly slap those with evil thinking

It's high time we do something about these vocal Talib supporters; how dare they desecrate the brave who sacrificed themselves for us? There should be a vehement action against them and BY THE PEOPLE OF PAKISTAN! The Pakistan military is fighting for us and we should fight for their honour at least!

@fatman17 @Slav Defence just cannot believe this crap

There is something in my mind,jaibi..I will disucss in PM...but there something we can do,here atleast...

It's high time we do something about these vocal Talib supporters; how dare they desecrate the brave who sacrificed themselves for us? There should be a vehement action against them and BY THE PEOPLE OF PAKISTAN! The Pakistan military is fighting for us and we should fight for their honour at least!

@fatman17 @Slav Defence just cannot believe this crap

You are a psychology major are you not??
I have a thought.. is it possible the nation is experiencing some form of Stockholm syndrome?

After all, the extremists sort of kidnapped Pakistani society and politics.. perhaps that initial fear and apprehension has developed to a sort of affection for our kidnappers?

Bohaaat acheiii jubbb apnaaa kaaam hotaa haiii tou hum Punjab keii Kashmiri Punjabi haiiin aur jubbb pallaaa nahin pakranaa hotaaa tou 'They aren't Punjabis...they are Kashmiris' shuruuu ho jataa haiii ! :disagree:

Sir i don't wish to speak on your behalf or for that matter any other pukhtoon, but i kindly request the same of you as someone who is in the ranks of so called educated and loyal pukhtoons wouldn't know anything about an ordinary pukhtoons.

It was a joke about even sindhi being a Punjabi.

Allah e Payman.

so what are you trying to say? that the "ordinary"Pakhtun is dumb, illogical and un-educated?

i think you should stop with the generalizations

Hum log ab sirf mullon kay gulam ban gaya haan, kush nahin ho sakta a mulla in Pakistan as become more powerful than Coas & PM. This is not scene in any country in the world where mullas rules.

You are a psychology major are you not??
I have a thought.. is it possible the nation is experiencing some form of Stockholm syndrome?

After all, the extremists sort of kidnapped Pakistani society and politics.. perhaps that initial fear and apprehension has developed to a sort of affection for our kidnappers?

@Oscar; interesting line of thought------jaded affections?

Back
Top Bottom