What's new

Islamism ???

I was going to say the same thing

If 98 percent population claim to be follower of Islam then why they should have problem of having Islam as complete code of their life from political to social affairs?

My only concern is there is no one version of Islam which is the main obstacle in this process of having Islam in politics

Because what we "claim" is NOT what we actually do!

In a democracy, if majority of the people want to keep it in the national politics, who am i to say otherwise?

Similarly, if majority are against it then it should not be included.

Isn't this what democracy is?

That is why America is a republic, and it's founding fathers were deeply skeptical of the tyranny of the majority.

The Judicial branch in a country of rule of law is designed to check the excesses of the Legislative (people) and the Executive (The Will) of the people.

Adopting theocracy in democratic way is not against the principles of democracy

Refer to my above post :-)

That is why America is a republic, and it's founding fathers were deeply skeptical of the tyranny of the majority.

The Judicial branch in a country of rule of law is designed to check the excesses of the Legislative (people) and the Executive (The Will) of the people.

Well said. The concept of republic goes hand in hand with modern democracy

And republic is antithesis of stone age theocratic form of gov

Question:

Have you read about John Locke, and de montesqueue

No, that is called a theocracy.

So 'people's will' in order to be called a 'democracy' has to result in a secular state, is that what you are saying?
I am fine with whatever you call it. Its just a bloody name.

So 'people's will' in order to be called a 'democracy' has to result in a secular state, is that what you are saying?

No a republic government to be precise.

Secular in my view is just a way of life with tolerance. nothing more

Please read John Locke and his intentions,

Thank you

Would not that make us munafiq then?

saying one thing and doing opposite

Don't need to ask

Please look around our country.

Adopting theocracy in democratic way is not against the principles of democracy

Well, if you consider the following:

Theocracy is a form of government in which a deity is officially recognized as the civil Ruler and official policy is governed by officials regarded as divinely guided, or is pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religion or religious group.

Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens participate equally—either directly or through elected representatives—in the proposal, development, and creation of laws. It encompasses social, economic and cultural conditions that enable the free and equal practice of political self-determination.

It is quite evident that your argument is not correct.

Please see above.

People always take theocracy in narrow sense..when someone talk about theocracy people assume hate, bigotry, no rights for different religion and for women, no justice , violence etc

I have said it again and again that many secular principles are very much compatible with Islam if we leave open sex, wine and gambling for a moment

Please see above.

Well said. The concept of republic goes hand in hand with modern democracy

And republic is antithesis of stone age theocratic form of gov

Question:

Have you read about John Locke, and de montesqueue

Locke yes.

But I am more into Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Paine (my favorite) and Thomas Jefferson

Back
Top Bottom