What's new

Islamabad Dharna 2nd November-News, Updates And Discussions

Aray I am a common man just like you. What I know was that government is trying hard to convince the chief to stand firm with government. And they had plans to discuss budget and other matters. Only Allah knows what happened in the meeting. I hope chief hasn't accepted.

The confidence of government is telling a different story. That's why I said it seems Army is now taking sides with government. Otherwise Saad Rafique jaisay log don't have courage to speak like that.

I am listening to shahid masood and sabir shakir right now... They are saying..acc to their info...the meeting didnt go well...tht is why..govt is frustrated...dont know how much of tht is true?i sooo hope sabir shakir and shahid masood are right

Plus, ISPR is saying and Dr Shahid Masood and sabir shakir also saying tht the agenda of meeting was mainly focussed on dawn leaks...

I agree NS needs to go...but why wasn't there this much support to ouster Zardari? Who in my opinion was/is just as corrupt.
see if i remember right in ppp government rule supreme court was knocking them down on every fronnt taking suo moto notices but in PML-n time u r supreme court is not that even 10% active

I am listening to shahid masood and sabir shakir right now... They are saying..acc to their info...the meeting didnt go well...tht is why..govt is frustrated...dont know how much of tht is true?

They don't know what was discussed. You will have to wait till tomorrow.

But government had plans to use all the lollipops, some of which are very lucrative (for Army as institution).

I hope our chief doesn't fall for any of them. Tomorrow will clear many things. Till now it seems government has support of Army by looking at their confidence.

I am listening to shahid masood and sabir shakir right now... They are saying..acc to their info...the meeting didnt go well...tht is why..govt is frustrated...dont know how much of tht is true?i sooo hope sabir shakir and shahid masood are right

Plus, ISPR is saying and Dr Shahid Masood and sabir shakir also saying tht the agenda of meeting was mainly focussed on dawn leaks...

It's a shame that Ary News is not transmitted by Etisalat in Abu Dhabi.

ISPR is saying

ISPR will not release any information about other lollipops. Do you think that Mr. Bean and Mr. Dollar will meet chief at this time that too after crackdown on IK, just to discuss Dawn leaks?

They don't know what was discussed. You will have to wait till tomorrow.

But government had plans to use all the lollipops, some of which are very lucrative (for Army as institution).

I hope our chief doesn't fall for any of them. Tomorrow will clear many things. Till now it seems government has support of Army by looking at their confidence.

It's a shame that Ary News is not transmitted by Etisalat in Abu Dhabi.

ISPR will not release any information about other lollipops. Do you think that Mr. Bean and Mr. Dollar will meet chief at this time that too after crackdown on IK, just to discuss Dawn leaks?

The meeting took place at around 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm during day time....so it seems..tht crackdown happened AFTER tht meeting... COAS was not alone, DG ISI was also present

It could be both...tht either they are too confident OR they are frustrated after tht meeting and hence these tactics....

Sabir shakir and shahid masood said...tht the meeting didnt go well... Dnt know if its true

Not really. Many governments fall before their terms on their own
in a parliamentary system you get to be Prime Minister as long as you command the support of the majority of the members of parliament. there are provisions for the President to dismiss the Prime Minister. In Pakistan those provisions have been misused.

Shaheen Sehbai...on twitter says tht govt offereed 2 scapegoats on dawn, but said tht let us handle them... But army said..no..we will handle

Their is a bigger issue that needs to be dealt with and its corruption. From top to bottom this corrupt system affects everybody in this country. I support anything by anyone that is going to stop this corrupt system from working and make these politicians accountable. What are we going to do with developmental projects if corruption still exists? Get rid of the corruption first only then we can truly prosper.

Yes the corrupts should be stopped, but by another corrupt politician?? what's the point of sacrifices currently ignorant youth is giving in Islamabad? if they brought a false Messiah in rule, and he didn't deliver believe me these same people will rip him apart. But why go to those extremes?

I myself am a victim of such political bullying, believe me this is not going to help anyone. Pakistan is in no position to bear more of these issues. India is trying it's best to put Pakistan in an aggressive stance, lose it's calm, and make mistakes.
We need to let democracy do it's work, but what Imran is doing isn't democracy as well.

Democracy doesn't mean looting either, democracy has too many definitions and all of them are acceptable as long as they fall within the realm of democratic norms. There's a difference between a government and a prime minister, two terms are not interchangeable. Besides it's about accountability, not about overthrowing a government. PM has a lot of questions to answer in connection with Panama leaks, unless he's immune he has to answer, in democracies heads are bound to answer.

Let us talk about accountability

Nawaz Sharif has been out of power from 1999 to 2013. He has been Prime Minister since 2013. Unless you can prove the specific charge of corruption after 2013 against him this looks like a fishing expedition

Even if pm is ultra corrupt and anti corruption department start defending him ?

bring specific charges of corruption

No necessary, politicians play within the rules. Vote of no confidence is one example.

vote of no-confidence in Parliament is legitimate way to remove Nawaz Sharif

The meeting took place at around 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm during day time....so it seems..tht crackdown happened AFTER tht meeting... COAS was not alone, DG ISI was also present

It could be both...tht either they are too confident OR they are frustrated after tht meeting and hence these tactics....

Sabir shakir and shahid masood said...tht the meeting didnt go well... Dnt know if its true

Tomorrow when Difae Pakistan Council will come to the capital (with Hafiz Saeed) then we will know the tone of government.

Those guys are very tough. The way police treated innocent PTI youth workers, they shouldn't dare to so the same tomorrow.

Tomorrow is very important day. More important than November 02.

Wajahat Saaed khan, said tht some decent progress has come out of this meeting... But then Wajahat has always been pro PM Nawaz.... Soo...dont know

Tomorrow when Difae Pakistan Council will come to the capital (with Hafiz Saeed) then we will know the tone of government.

Those guys are very tough. The way police treated innocent PTI youth workers, they shouldn't dare to so the same tomorrow.

Tomorrow is very important day. More important than November 02.

Wajahat Saeed khan on twitter says, tht some decent progress, came out of the meeting ..but didnt say what...

While Shaheen Sehbai says, tht govt has offered 2 scapegoats, but wants to handle them, itself.. But army has said no to tht and said we will handle them ourselves.

shahid masood and sabir shakir say tht meeting didnt go well

So three ppl are saying one thing and wajahat saeed khan, the other..but wajaht has always been pro Nawaz...so dont know

Yes the corrupts should be stopped, but by another corrupt politician?? what's the point of sacrifices currently ignorant youth is giving in Islamabad? if they brought a false Messiah in rule, and he didn't deliver believe me these same people will rip him apart. But why go to those extremes?

I myself am a victim of such political bullying, believe me this is not going to help anyone. Pakistan is in no position to bear more of these issues. India is trying it's best to put Pakistan in an aggressive stance, lose it's calm, and make mistakes.
We need to let democracy do it's work, but what Imran is doing isn't democracy as well.
Well I don't believe in such a corrupt, barbaric democracy where you have to use state force to stop people from protesting. What's the difference in dictatorship and this democracy? What rule did these people break today to be treated like animals by their own country's police? It is better to overthrow this kingdom in the guise of democracy than be a victim of it in everyday life.

you have to wait for the next elections to win a majority in Parliament
this is assuming majority of voters agree with you
So there is no legal way to remove prime minister from Parliament lol

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom