What's new

Isis brings back slavery : Yazidi girls sold to Isis fighters

Rise of and current success of ISIS is the result of infighting and feuds between Muslim nations. And guess who benefits from this?

Isis brings back slavery: Yazidi girls sold to Isis fighters as concubines for $1,000

View attachment 130670

Isis has boasted that it had enslaved women from an Iraqi minority group to use as concubines, as a human rights organisation reported teenagers being bought and sold by fighters for $1,000 (£622).

An English-language propaganda magazine for Isis said Yazidi women and children were considered spoils of war after they were captured as the militants seized their towns and villages. It was the first confirmation from the group of widespread allegations of detention and sexual abuse against Yazidi women.

Hundreds of thousands of members of the ancient sect were displaced as Isis fighters swept through the Sinjar area of northern Iraq in August, prompting US President Barack Obama to warn of an unfolding genocide. Those who escaped said men had been massacred while hundreds of women and children had been detained.

Isis systematically separated young women and teenage girls from their families, Human Rights Watch said in a new report.

“[Isis’s] litany of horrific crimes against the Yazidis in Iraq only keeps growing,” said Fred Abrahams, a special adviser at HRW. The group documented 366 Yazidi captives but also reported that some detainees reached by phone said the number was more than 1,000. The Iraqi government said 1,500 women were detained during the advances in the Sinjar area, which is also home to Christian and Shiite minorities.

One 15-year-old girl, interviewed after she had escaped, told the group that a Palestinian Isis militant had bought her for $1,000.

The women and children were divided among fighters according to Islamic law, the Isis magazine, Dabiq, said.

“The enslaved Yazidi families are now sold by the [Isis] soldiers,” it continued. The article argued that although Christians and Jews can be offered the chance to pay a tax or convert, Yazidis, as polytheists, can be enslaved if captured during war.

It details the argument for enslavement under its extremist interpretation of Islam, boasting that it is the largest mass-enslavement since the early days of the religion.

“One should remember that enslaving the families of the [nonbelievers] and taking their women as concubines is a firmly established aspect of Islamic law,” the magazine said. “Their creed is so deviant from the truth that even cross-worshipping Christians for ages considered them devil worshippers and Satanists.”

The rejection of slavery had led to an increase in adultery and fornication, it said, because men who couldn’t afford marriage found themselves surrounded by temptation, including by maids. “If she were his concubine, this relationship would be legal,” it said.

None of the Yazidi women interviewed by HRW said they had been raped, but sexual assault is deeply stigmatised in the conservative sect.

One interviewed by the group said she’d seen “brides” taken from both a school and prison she was held in. “Some were as young as 12 or 13, and up to age 20,” she said. “Some of the young women were married but without children, so [the Isis soldiers] didn’t believe they were married.”

©The Washington Post

Isis brings back slavery: Yazidi girls sold to Isis fighters as concubines for $1,000 - Middle East - World - The Independent

Had I been in Iraq, I would have buy as much girls as possible out of my money and arranged to send them to their families. Oh My god, save this innocent girls from these devils.

really worried about ISIS intro in pakistan...it it possible for them to enter in pakistan and start their activities

I think every Muslim country has risk. The stated goal of these guys is to unite the Muslim world under their leadership. Almost every country in the West has had at least a few radicals run off to join ISIS. I suspect just on the numbers that Muslim countries will have more. They will come home, or be sent back, at some point, with the objective of spreading the revolution. Turkey, probably the most "liberal" of Muslim countries, has had ISIS supporters show up at one of the universities to make their feelings known. The core belief of ISIS is a very common dream of many Muslims, they just disagree with how ISIS is going about it (or that ISIS would be in charge, rather than their own choice of leadership). I think the Muslim world is in for a rough patch the next decade or so.

Its strange some folks bring up the slavery topic however slavery has never left the world its not been renamed into different forms
  • Are people not enslaved by Banks with their mortgage payments if you don't pay that then you are kicked out of homes
  • The Auto Insurance is another enslavement tool where people extract money from someone's account monthly when when people go to collect they are not offered funds but excuses , and reference to clauses in policy to deny them rights
  • Are student loans not given with pretext that Banks will make Twice the money they loan to students
  • Are farmers not enslaved to use specific crops for which they have to pay royalties to certain SEED companies who own the rights to genetically modified seeds
  • Are animals not routinely caged in sea world for fun and joy of visitors animal enslavement happens all over the place
  • Economies of nations are enslaved to IMF loans which forces countries to sell their resources cheap to few Corporations
  • Every one of us in developed world is enslaved to rising oil prices which dictates what we will do with our lives where we will spend our money
  • Some countries even enforce some countries not to develop their manufacturing area and instead ask them to buy their Passenger Jets, aviation enslavement
  • Sometimes UN puts sanctions on Iraq or Iran for general business of health items economic sanctions are a form of enslavement preventing or denial of stuff
  • People also enslaved when they have to by prescription drugs which Pharmaceutical companies own right to and they won't sell it for cheap
  • There is social enslavement when the 4-5% of world population control riches where they enjoy a lifestyle unimaginable to rest where a sign board welcomes to average people , beyond this only "Members" are allowed
  • There is enslavement when group of people are denied access to general needs of society and put in camps , which become UN run areas
  • Not forgetting the inhumane practice of stocking up animals in small areas where they live and eat and shiat and die before being offered as food products
  • What about the person who for some circumstances had a bad credit history now is enslaved to credit departments where as the large banks get Bail outs, the person has to wait 6-7 years for the name to clear ,can't get loan , can't get credit car ... enslavement
  • Are business owners not enslaved to send royalties fees to franchises even if their business is making nothing
  • Are are the future of youth not enslaved to rising prices of education forcing people to not get educated because the greed of Universities keep increasing
  • Is there no enslavement where a Doctor refuses to operate unless 10,000 USD is deposited as security for the $40,000 estimated heart procedure
  • There is enslavement because when you look at borders you see huge walls and barriers because no one wants a enslaved human to get into country to get access to stuff , hospitals , jobs or resources - isn't that something a Master does draws a line what the slave can have access to or not ? Why have passports or borders if we are all free

Iraq/Syria is a war zone now unfortunately and war has no rules
yes insurance..and enslaving women are both the same...no wonder you are an elite member.
this shows how u havebeen raised!

I think every Muslim country has risk. The stated goal of these guys is to unite the Muslim world under their leadership. Almost every country in the West has had at least a few radicals run off to join ISIS. I suspect just on the numbers that Muslim countries will have more. They will come home, or be sent back, at some point, with the objective of spreading the revolution. Turkey, probably the most "liberal" of Muslim countries, has had ISIS supporters show up at one of the universities to make their feelings known. The core belief of ISIS is a very common dream of many Muslims, they just disagree with how ISIS is going about it (or that ISIS would be in charge, rather than their own choice of leadership). I think the Muslim world is in for a rough patch the next decade or so.

What exactly is core belief you talk off "The core belief of ISIS is a very common dream of many Muslims".

this thread is about isis abusing women...keep your posts to topic...you r a veteran u should know...

My response is completely relevant to the question. Before jumping in to defend the troll, you should have bother to read, what i was responding to.

Last edited:
What exactly is core belief you talk off "The core belief of ISIS is a very common dream of many Muslims".

My response is completely relevant to the question. Before jumping in to defend the troll, you should have bother to read, what i was responding to.
trolling a troll will only spoil this thread... just report the post and stick to the topic...and again being a veteran u should know this!

ISIS: Is It All About The Oil? – Pakistan
Compare to threads on this site speculating how great it would be if the whole Muslim world was united. Pretty much every Muslim you talk to wants to see a united Muslim world. It's the "how" and what it would look like that they disagree on, and who would be in charge. Pakistanis feel they would be best. Arabs, well, you know Arabs. Malaysians don't trust any one else to be rational. The Turks feel entitled due to having done it before. Everyone has a reason why they would be best. But ultimately most Muslims wants a united Ummah.

ISIS: Is It All About The Oil? – Pakistan
Compare to threads on this site speculating how great it would be if the whole Muslim world was united. Pretty much every Muslim you talk to wants to see a united Muslim world. It's the "how" and what it would look like that they disagree on, and who would be in charge. Pakistanis feel they would be best. Arabs, well, you know Arabs. Malaysians don't trust any one else to be rational. The Turks feel entitled due to having done it before. Everyone has a reason why they would be best. But ultimately most Muslims wants a united Ummah.

I cant speak for rest of the world , but in case of pakistan you are right, even know after all we have been through some are still living in this "Ummah" dream, but i assure you majority is over it.

I cant speak for rest of the world , but in case of pakistan you are right, even know after all we have been through some are still living in this "Ummah" dream, but i assure you majority is over it.

If what you say is true, I would say that Pakistan is on right Path.

No doubt. The ideology is present in its weak form ie Taliban. ISIS takes things to a newer and higher level. When I implied that ISIS enters Pakistan, I meant with their kind of ideological support, with their funding and with their committed foot soldiers who try and change society (instead of fighting with PA). Hollowing the society out from the inside rather than trying to take it from outside(which is not possible).

Taliban and Al-Qaida seem tame in comparison to ISIS.
Building on the subject of ISIS's next target (and its potential expansion in Pakistan), I can see Iran (specifically the Baloch areas) becoming a target for ISIS. The demographics in the region would play right into the ISIS's hands, and the propaganda of Sunni political and religious persecution at the hands of a Shia majority would mirror their campaign in Iraq and Syria. However, given the porous Iran-Pakistan border and the ties between various Baloch and Sunni extremist groups on both sides, ISIS will end up strengthening its position in Pakistan as a result of any such involvement in Iran. Such a strengthening of ISIS's position in Pakistan will still not allow it to replicated its gains ala Iraq (for reasons explored in my earlier post), but it will pose a headache in terms of the State having to deal with emboldened Sunni sectarian terrorist groups carrying out terrorist attacks on innocent Shia and other non-Sunni Pakistanis.

Building on the subject of ISIS's next target (and its potential expansion in Pakistan), I can see Iran (specifically the Baloch areas) becoming a target for ISIS. The demographics in the region would play right into the ISIS's hands, and the propaganda of Sunni political and religious persecution at the hands of a Shia majority would mirror their campaign in Iraq and Syria. However, given the porous Iran-Pakistan border and the ties between various Baloch and Sunni extremist groups on both sides, ISIS will end up strengthening its position in Pakistan as a result of any such involvement in Iran. Such a strengthening of ISIS's position in Pakistan will still not allow it to replicated its gains ala Iraq (for reasons explored in my earlier post), but it will pose a headache in terms of the State having to deal with emboldened Sunni sectarian terrorist groups carrying out terrorist attacks on innocent Shia and other non-Sunni Pakistanis.
I agree with each of the points.
Their strategy has to be almost inverse in Pakistan to the one they used in Iraq. They used brute force in Iraq, in Pakistan and adjoining areas - including India - they will play up on Sunni sentiments for some years before they make a physical move,

Though you have to take note of the fact that some TTP commanders have already given their vocal support to ISIS. Yes, they are on the back foot due to the PA ops, but nonetheless as more and more local commanders give their support under ISIS, they will start influencing those around them to come under an even more hardline ideology than the Taliban's.

IT also sets the stage for splinter groups to start joining under an ISIS banner and become more coordinated. No terrorist group is as flush with funds as ISIS is.

Eventually Pakistan as a state will face increasing challenges unless it clamps down hard on sectarian and hate ideology being preached in the mosques. Just killing the terrorists will not give any sort of long term solution. Because if the mosques keep preaching what they have, the public will start identifying with the ISIS/Talibs and their PR.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom