What's new

ISI man on Delhi ‘suicide op’ is martyr on Pak Army’s website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously... you think the PA would release a PR to announce its updates. I am sure your journalists are also equally active in these activities... ask Jana ;)

I really dont know whats url of your army or other such websites :)

the day PA or ISPR got serious to work on professional lines viz a viz media :))))) then i would suggest them to take up serious dedicated persons to look after

And that putting up the event of a secret op on a public website is a better explanation?

Well thats nuts too...

But people are not talking sense here. They are saying one of the most secure servers of Pakistan got hacked. This info is behind many firewalls and any tom dick harry hacker cannot barge in do the same. And if it was so then by now all ISI agents in India would have been in compromised by now. This data on either side is kept very secure about the agents either dead or alive not on some website which just has another mysql database.

This is much more than defacing Jana... We have seen defaced websites before, but nothing like this.

yes. its propaganda in a new form. earlier Indians were coming up with fake websites in names of Pakistan and other countries and put anti-Pakistan propaganda bases on concocted things.

Now they have found new way by entering Pakistani media and other sites and putting Indian propaganda. Its good that after TheNation episode it has come to light that what Indians are now up too.

Well thats nuts too...

But people are not talking sense here. They are saying one of the most secure servers of Pakistan got hacked. This info is behind many firewalls and any tom dick harry hacker cannot barge in do the same. And if it was so then by now all ISI agents in India would have been in compromised by now. This data on either side is kept very secure about the agents either dead or alive not on some website which just has another mysql database.
I doubt it was a hacking incident, but who knows no official word by the PA and hardly any major news outlet reporting it.

But I think the hacking suggestion is more in line with defacing the website. Writing the text for website defacers is not a big deal.

Its most probably some other blunder.

@ Divya. We don't put the top secret info on websites or server accessible via internet. So these sites are not that much secured. They belong to army but as not super secret is store thats why they are not that much secure.

take a chill pill guys. If this was hacked by Indians then by now everything related to ISI field agents would have been compromised.
Its funny how people are behaving ignorant of a mistake done and how Indians are behaving:D

This is much more than defacing Jana... We have seen defaced websites before, but nothing like this.
The page seemed nothing special - it was even hosted on an IIS server (big mistake putting up public servers on it). A little bit of wrong setting under the permissions tab and everything is exposed.

The IIS suggests it was a novicely built web application. IIS great for webservers on the intranet, not so much on public servers.

take a chill pill guys. If this was hacked by Indians then by now everything related to ISI field agents would have been compromised.
Its funny how people are behaving ignorant of a mistake done and how Indians are behaving:D
Thats how we are... We live and die for these cheap laughs at each other's expense. However I'm surprised that the Indian General jumped in so early into the proverbial maidaan and commenting on mentality and intentions and so on.

@ Divya. We don't put the top secret info on websites or server accessible via internet. So these sites are not that much secured. They belong to army but as not super secret is store thats why they are not that much secure.

Mj i did not get it. At one end you are saying not accessible from internet and then you are saying not secure. Am i missing something or misinterpreting. :undecided:

Mj i did not get it. At one end you are saying not accessible from internet and then you are saying not secure. Am i missing something or misinterpreting. :undecided:
List was put up, as an effort to recognize the fallen and document them. It was in the news.

Defacing the site is another issue, list is a simple listing with 4-5 fields about how so and so died. You can mess with the script and hard-code some text.

I think some low level guy did it due to unawareness of secrecy and now they are editing it. This happen when I visit govt websites like recent pic of HMS QE in Indian navy website as IAC-1.

I think some low level guy did it due to unawareness of secrecy and now they are editing it. This happen when I visit govt websites like recent pic of HMS QE in Indian navy website as IAC-1.
Low level guys are not passed documents of secrecy so thats still not a simple explanation.

This list must have gone through several eyes before landing on a public list.

The compiler, the proof reader, the verifier, the data entry clerks, DBA, the programmer and then the web master.

At no level this was identified? So its not as simple as that, that you can say oh someone accidentally typed in the truth, its more likely someone accidentally typed in something wrong.

Also there should be more suicide bombers? In the history of Pakistan's 15,000 shaheeds suicide bombing was used just once? If it was the norm then there should be more "suicide attackers".

looking to me like if some one has hacked into it and changed the data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom