What's new

ISI aiding taliban or maintaining contacts?

The objectives of your intelligence services and military are clear enough. Your innocuous statements regarding a post-American environment confirm that. Same ol', same ol'...

Here's the plan in short-

1.) Split NATO and get the wimps out while demoralizing America at our expense (literally), wear us down until our departure, leaving a weak and vulnerable Afghani government upon which to finish the kill.

2.) Assuming failure, celebrate the raising forth of a stable Afghani government, applaud the efforts of NATO on such behalf, assure the survival of your "contacts", await our grand departure and begin the struggle anew.

Hekmatyar, Haqqani, Omar. Three options. Fund them all. To the victor goes the spoils and best of luck.

Go get em'!!

We are thoroughly crazed and I now pray for a last minute reprieve. Not wishing to rely upon INSHALLAH, I've offered my feeble thoughts to those that matter most-my President and two senators.

Your objectives and ours are absolutely in conflict right now and you happily risk the lives of our soldiers-RIGHT NOW. Without question. You will do everything in your power to weaken our efforts now, weaken the Afghan government now, and destroy it upon our departure.

Your rationales, amazingly, still boil down to "strategic depth". I believe as late as a couple of years ago I had dismissed this as a fragment of old and outmoded thinking not fit for the new Pakistan.

Silly, silly S-2. Those lotus-eating Pakistani pillars of peace didn't have ANY plans of abandoning that ambition.

You will do everything you can to dominate the political and security melieu of Afghanistan, to include assisting to the seat of power again the very men who permitted 9/11 and over whom you exerted so little control then and now.

And, as you should so long as we are adequately foolish, take our money to boot.

I don't think any of you can possibly imagine just how I feel at this moment.

what does it portend?

a new ultimatum.

there are 2 questions. what is an appropriate policy? who decides?

who has the power to decide what?

i remember obama during the campaign saying he would go right into pakistan no matter what the pakistanis said.

he also chose to disregard pakistan sovereignty vis a vis the drone attacks.

See that the problem with American government it lives on lies. What could be the biggest lie to attack Iraq for weapon of mass destruction? When they found nothing another lie was told to poor American public that al Qaeda in Iraq over shadowing the real deal in Iraq to get control over oil fields.
American policy is same from day one is to get total world domination.
That the truth live with it.
:pakistan::sniper:

The objectives of your intelligence services and military are clear enough. Your innocuous statements regarding a post-American environment confirm that. Same ol', same ol'...

Here's the plan in short-

1.) Split NATO and get the wimps out while demoralizing America at our expense (literally), wear us down until our departure, leaving a weak and vulnerable Afghani government upon which to finish the kill.
Or Nato can stop being all about the "ME ME ME ME" and start paying heed to our concerns about Indian terrorism being launched from Afghanistan. You're talking like America, in all its might and glory would do any different if it were in our shoes. If we were maintaining peace in Afghanistan and Indian embassies were bombing you guys, you'd come after them as well.

You're just upset that we're using terrorists, to kill terrorists. Hey whatever works, you can step aside and let us duke it out with the Indians and we'll stop using the Taliban.

2.) Assuming failure, celebrate the raising forth of a stable Afghani government, applaud the efforts of NATO on such behalf, assure the survival of your "contacts", await our grand departure and begin the struggle anew.
No way, the Pakistani Public will now never allow a new alliance with a Taliban-like group. This maintaining contacts type behavior is only temporary or at least till India doesn't stop its own activities there.

We are thoroughly crazed and I now pray for a last minute reprieve. Not wishing to rely upon INSHALLAH, I've offered my feeble thoughts to those that matter most-my President and two senators.
Well if you truly want a CHANGE I've given you a simple option. Address our concerns. Take care of the Indians!

Your objectives and ours are absolutely in conflict right now and you happily risk the lives of our soldiers-RIGHT NOW.
Who cares about your soldiers? What about our soldiers? What about our civilians? What about our international guests being targeted. The SL attack was the last straw. We've been catching more and more Indians by the week. The proof is in the pudding and we've got plenty.

Without question. You will do everything in your power to weaken our efforts now, weaken the Afghan government now, and destroy it upon our departure.
Not true. Any detrimental effect on your efforts is just a by-product of our offensive with the Indians. You can easily align your efforts with ours and we can take the bad guys out together.

Your rationales, amazingly, still boil down to "strategic depth". I believe as late as a couple of years ago I had dismissed this as a fragment of old and outmoded thinking not fit for the new Pakistan.
You're reading like a book out of the 80s. That's not true, again. We can't get rid of Afghanistan any quicker. But laying our weapons down and getting our assess handed down to us as a consequence, is not an option.

You will do everything you can to dominate the political and security melieu of Afghanistan, to include assisting to the seat of power again the very men who permitted 9/11 and over whom you exerted so little control then and now.
Well I sure hope no one in Pakistan allows another 9/11, but you have and are allowing things like Marriot Bombing, SL attack, etc.

I don't think any of you can possibly imagine just how I feel at this moment.
Probably less bad than one would after seeing their country bombed on a monthly basis.

Or Nato can stop being all about the "ME ME ME ME" and start paying heed to our concerns about Indian terrorism being launched from Afghanistan. You're talking like America, in all its might and glory would do any different if it were in our shoes. If we were maintaining peace in Afghanistan and Indian embassies were bombing you guys, you'd come after them as well.

Im still surprised why the GoP or PA is staying away from making public this remarkable findings about India's involvement.

'Pak spy agency funnels cash to Afghan militants'

1 hour ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) — Operatives in Pakistan's military intelligence agency provide cash, supplies and strategic advice to militants in Afghanistan where the United States is fighting a resurgent Taliban, the New York Times said Thursday.

The assistance extends to Taliban militants and other insurgents, and is coordinated by the S Wing of Pakistan?s spy service, the Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), the report said.

"The support consists of money, military supplies and strategic planning guidance to Taliban commanders," it added, citing a "half-dozen American, Pakistani and other security officials" who requested anonymity.

"There is even evidence that ISI operatives meet regularly with Taliban commanders to discuss whether to intensify or scale back violence before the Afghan elections."

The reported cited US officials as saying they had gleaned evidence of the ties between militants and Pakistani spies through "electronic surveillance and trusted informants."

The Pakistani officials who were interviewed for the report cited "firsthand knowledge of the connections, though they denied that the ties were strengthening the insurgency."

Even though the United States has protested alleged links between Pakistan's spy agency and militants for more than one year, the latest details "reveal that the spy agency is aiding a broader array of militant networks with more diverse types of support than was previously known," the Times said.

Pakistan's leaders have denied any militant links.

---------------------------------------------
Heard this story many a times - AFP: 'Pak spy agency funnels cash to Afghan militants'

Iranians have a huge baluchi insurgency. They've not said a peep about spillover from Indian-armed insurgents. No fraternal assistance whatsoever.

Odd. I'd think a baluch is a baluch is a baluch. Iran nor Pakistan would matter to somebody who wants a Baluchistan. Kill em' all if they're in the way, right?

So do they train these baluchi insurgents up in Mazur-I-Sharif? I'd think Helmand. That's closest, correct? But isn't Helmand controlled by the British? Didn't the British declare the BLA a "terrorist" organization? Great Britain wouldn't tolerate BLA camps in Helmand, would they?

Then again, the British really haven't been south of GARMSIR. That's a lot of Helmand of which the British know nothing. Have the Indians and Baluchis worked a deal with the taliban to establish camps in southern Helmand near the Baluchi border from which to raid into Baluchistan? The taliban and all that opium are the only ones in the south of Helmand, aren't they? Don't the taliban and the baluchis hate each other?

Hmmm....that wouldn't seem to fit either.

Makes next to no sense. There are no Indian training camps in Afghanistan that are preparing and sending Baluchi insurgents across the afghan border into Baluchistan. Nor FATA.

If there were, America would protect it's billions of dollars of aid invested in Pakistan and bring it to a prompt halt. And we'd know.

Two administrations now have not bought the B.S. from you. You've got Milt Bearden and the musings of an Indian blogger...oh, and Musharrif and Hamid Gul.

We've got...silence. Twice over. No official comment of concern about our endangered investment in your stability.

Odd. Very, very odd and makes zero sense. Then again, so does giving you aid.

Iranians have a huge baluchi insurgency. They've not said a peep about spillover from Indian-armed insurgents. No fraternal assistance whatsoever.

Odd. I'd think a baluch is a baluch is a baluch. Iran nor Pakistan would matter to somebody who wants a Baluchistan. Kill em' all if they're in the way, right?

So do they train these baluchi insurgents up in Mazur-I-Sharif? I'd think Helmand. That's closest, correct? But isn't Helmand controlled by the British? Didn't the British declare the BLA a "terrorist" organization? Great Britain wouldn't tolerate BLA camps in Helmand, would they?

Then again, the British really haven't been south of GARMSIR. That's a lot of Helmand of which the British know nothing. Have the Indians and Baluchis worked a deal with the taliban to establish camps in southern Helmand near the Baluchi border from which to raid into Baluchistan? The taliban and all that opium are the only ones in the south of Helmand, aren't they? Don't the taliban and the baluchis hate each other?

Hmmm....that wouldn't seem to fit either.

Makes next to no sense. There are no Indian training camps in Afghanistan that are preparing and sending Baluchi insurgents across the afghan border into Baluchistan. Nor FATA.

If there were, America would protect it's billions of dollars of aid invested in Pakistan and bring it to a prompt halt. And we'd know.

Two administrations now have not bought the B.S. from you. You've got Milt Bearden and the musings of an Indian blogger...oh, and Musharrif and Hamid Gul.

We've got...silence. Twice over. No official comment of concern about our endangered investment in your stability.

Odd. Very, very odd and makes zero sense. Then again, so does giving you aid.

S-2 everybody knows that - U.S Of A will love to stop aid from here. but Us of A dont really have much of an option. I think this current situation of war is going toward no result. These brave soldiers who should be with their wife and kids in their homes are playing with their life. in front of a bunch of Morons who don't understand religion - who don't have anything to gain and surely nothing to loose.
There needs to be a whole new planning of this war on terror. with new Obama administration, many of us expected a new route in war on terror.
Where we see these soldiers and world safe.
What ever world might say - i am a republican and i think bush administration was doing better than Obama. Atleast everybody knew where they heading to. A true Texan he was - to show guts and face the world, for what he does.

Didn't the British declare the BLA a "terrorist" organization?

Didn't the Americans declare the MKO a 'terrorist' outfit and still support and sheild them in Iraq? If the people like you can accuse Pakistan of assisting terrorist organizations so labeled by the Pakistani government, then why can't Bull suggest the same in regards to the British or the Americans.

Don't the taliban and the baluchis hate each other?

They certainly do, but then again don't people like yourself insist that Quetta hosts the Taliban leadership and command structure. Quetta is full of BLA, BRA and associated secular ethnic/tribal terrorist outfits. If you can suggest that there is some kind of working relationship or avoidance between them and the Taliban, then why can’t he in regards to the fields of Helmand? Most of your own Bill O'Reilly style 'analysis' don't hold up to these fact checks either.

I don't know. The last time that I can see you pop. & census bureau for your Stats Division took a census was 1998. Quetta officially had a population around 500,000 or so. Most were pashtu with some baluch, bahrari? and a few others...

...oh! And one million afghan refugees. Most pashtu. Quetta isn't central or western Baluchitstan. It's sorta northeast Baluchistan and Mullah Omar says so.

The baloch insurgency is pretty much dead in Pakistan too. The BLA still remains as an ideological group but since we took out the Bugtis and the subsequent crackdown, their militant wing has calmed down quiet a bit. The daily recurrences of gas supply being disrupted anymore.

It still exists, India's support to them has shifted to supporting the TTP faction of the Taliban.

Didn't the British declare the BLA a "terrorist" organization? Great Britain wouldn't tolerate BLA camps in Helmand, would they?
C'mon even the US hasn't shown enough balls to interfere into the business of the Indian consulates, what will the British do? You have to go inside the damn consulates, and go through their paperwork, seize the weapons cache, follow where their embassy staff goes into the wee hours of the night. If you won't we will.

Indian consulates. They are the terror camps! Why does India need 32 consulates in a torn up country like Afghanistan?

Dude you guys need to stop pussyfooting on the Indian issue. Take them out, we know how to return a favor. Your dollars aren't worth anything other than footing the bill for your boys. Heck there's a growing support for rejecting this "free money". Too many strings attached.

This frustrates us. Humor us, show us that you've done your investigative work. Work with out agencies, take this up with some seriousness. You're asking us to fight a war, can't you dedicate a few cops to investigate this very large claim from us?

Do the investigation, make it public, we'll support you after that.

The baloch insurgency is pretty much dead in Pakistan too. The BLA still remains as an ideological group but since we took out the Bugtis and the subsequent crackdown, their militant wing has calmed down quiet a bit. The daily recurrences of gas supply being disrupted anymore.

It still exists, India's support to them has shifted to supporting the TTP faction of the Taliban.

C'mon even the US hasn't shown enough balls to interfere into the business of the Indian consulates, what will the British do? You have to go inside the damn consulates, and go through their paperwork, seize the weapons cache, follow where their embassy staff goes into the wee hours of the night. If you won't we will.

Indian consulates. They are the terror camps! Why does India need 32 consulates in a torn up country like Afghanistan?

Dude you guys need to stop pussyfooting on the Indian issue. Take them out, we know how to return a favor. Your dollars aren't worth anything other than footing the bill for your boys. Heck there's a growing support for rejecting this "free money". Too many strings attached.

This frustrates us. Humor us, show us that you've done your investigative work. Work with out agencies, take this up with some seriousness. You're asking us to fight a war, can't you dedicate a few cops to investigate this very large claim from us?

Do the investigation, make it public, we'll support you after that.

You throw up this figure of 32 consulates everynow and then. From where did you get those figures?

The number is the most recurrent one being touted around. Rupee News has even claimed as much as 107 consulates. The most, the most conservative number quoted is also 8 consulates which is also a lot.

The number is the most recurrent one being touted around. Rupee News has even claimed as much as 107 consulates. The most, the most conservative number quoted is also 8 consulates which is also a lot.

How can you use unconfirmed figures to confirm your theory. India has engineers there working on infrastructral projects and also commandoes protecting them. So we might be indeed having offices there.

Well asim check this and stop believing in the nonsense propaganda articles:

Only 5 are there

Foreign Embassies and Consulates in Afghanistan

Indian Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan
Embassy of India in Kabul, Afghanistan
Malalai Wat
Shahre-Nau
City: Kabul
Phone: 00-873-763095560
Fax: 00-873-763095561
Web Site: Embassy of India, Kabul, Afghanistan
Email: embassy@indembassy-kabul.com