What's new

ISI aiding taliban or maintaining contacts?

From recent US move it was conceded that US can not win with its strategy. Entry and exit route to central Asia was very much closed by recent Russian move and specially after war started by Georgia.

I think this post was valid about half a year back and not anymore. NATO and Russia have reached an understanding whereby US and NATO supplies are moving through CARs.

http://www.cleveland.com/world/index.ssf/2009/02/uzbekistan_nato_reach_deal_on.html

EurasiaNet Eurasia Insight - Russia Opens Afghan Transit Route For NATO's Germany

But US neither did give up on Afghanistan nor did give up on plan for Pakistan dismemberment.

Very much a figment of imagination at best .... Obama has just announced US $ 7 Billion package gfor Pakistan (something much needed by it for its economic woes)

But in new strategy US intensifying its pressure by inviting india in grander scale. CIA chief recent visit to Delhi make more sense now.

More to do with working out intelligence sharing and strategy to ensure Pakistan does not collapse and muslim fundamentalism does not take hold of Pakistan and it stays intact and above all its nukes dont fall into hands of taliban and Al-qaida. If US wants to dismember Pakistan - it just has to launch an attack on Pakistan .........

US is also dangling carrot in front of Iran to use its land and influence in Afghanistan. Iran ambassador already met NATO officials in Europe.

Iran, Russia and India, the former allies of Northern Alliance (and now the present governement of Afghanistan) are now devising ways to increase support to the same ...... Iran's role is highlighted by this article

India, Iran, Russia mull ways to take on Taliban - Persian Journal Latest middle east news & Iranian mid-east Newspaper

If Iran falls for US-Indian ploy it will not only dig the hole for its regime but also will make way for US scheme in the region.

US is as big a threat for Iran as a fly for a frog ..... the mentioned scenario is at best fiction ..... to fundamentally change Iran, US has to ensure that the change comes from within and not by military scheming ... Iraq is a live example ...... unstable Iran will further deteriorate situation ... best policy is to engage and move forward. As for Iran, its in its interest also to ally for now with US over afghan issue, Taliban is a threat for them also .......

Pakistan needs to change its strategy as well and make sure Iranian understands what eventuality US and India stored for them. It would be interesting what China and Russia do in this changing scenario

China will stay away ... or would stay mum as things are worked out to tackle taliban ... the reason is the problem of muslim Uighurs in Xinjiang province ..... there are trained elements in this movement too who received training form Pakistan based groups ..... the same logic for Russians who have an old axe to grind with Pakistan over afghan issue of soviet days as also for provision of trained man power in chechnya where the russians are facing a revolt from a largely muslim movement ...........

Last edited:
With all due respect to your perverse notions of "freedom of expression", THIS expression by Mr. Rahman-

"Pakistan should have supported Taliban insurgency since the beginning, We shouldn't have let US establish strong foothold in Afghanistan.

Anyway, better late then never."

makes clear his eagerness to support the taliban insurgency, late or otherwise. I understand his words clearly and so do you. This is a mission supported by the government of the nation in which he lives. TODAY their soldiers are there fighting and, quite possibly, dying as they have on behalf of Afghanistan and the U.N.

Don't dissemble this terribly harsh reality about Mr. Rahman's words. They are the words of an avowed supporter of the taliban insurgency and you'd damn well better understand what that means in blood and guts.
I'm glad that you at least acknowledge that we have some respect for human freedoms such as the 'freedom of expression', whereas you on the other hand, clearly don't seem to have one.

Rehman made a comment suggesting Pakistan should have supported the Taliban in the context of neo-con's unjust war and occupation of Afghanistan and its spill-effects in Pakistan. Nowhere he suggested deliberate killing of Canadian soldiers. You are misinterpreting his statement because his opinion is so offensive to your ideology, your beliefs that you simply cant tolerate his opinion.

The fact that these Taliban were once your best buddies when they were fighting the Russians. Your own president, Bush I, was literally in bed with these groups that he and his regime supported financially and militarily to overthrow the Russians. The Bush regimes that you so adore once praised these militants and said "The God is with you".

Where is his God now? And How can you selectively choose to ignore your own history?

"Rehman made a comment suggesting Pakistan should have supported the Taliban in the context of neo-con's unjust war and occupation of Afghanistan and its spill-effects in Pakistan."

Context this- we've a U.N. mandate and forty nations. You've got a proxy army on your soil.

You bore me.

I know the enemy when I see him and no amount of attempted duplicity can hide the fact that he rues not sending taliban across the border with Pakistani support to kill Canadian soldiers earlier.

We are all there by invitation of the Afghan government and the U.N. Simple.

There's no "suggestion". His words ring clear. Yours hollow.

Go join the other "hollow men".

Sure you don't mean Reagan...idiot?

Last edited:
The fact that these Taliban were once your best buddies when they were fighting the Russians. Your own president, Bush I, was literally in bed with these groups that he and his regime supported financially and militarily to overthrow the Russians. The Bush regimes that you so adore once praised these militants and said "The God is with you".

Dear Sir

You really need to check up your facts ... right from the Soviet campaign in Afghanistan and the subsequent US policy (and its president(s) at the time) to the rise of Taliban movement (which was way after the Soviet withdrawl and had ABSOLUTELY no links to fighting the Soviets with CIA aid).

A useful post for you to provide the most basic of the knowledge base for said group.

http://www.institute-for-afghan-studies.org/AFGHAN%20CONFLICT/TALIBAN/intro_kakar.htm

Taliban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"My apologies. I'm kinda new at this".:)

That's cool. Everybody gets a gratuitous shot across the bow. Next time we aim for the captain's bridge though.:lol:

Build impact around your ideas. Short and powerful with space above and below.

Always attribute and use links where possible. Don't plagarize! Somebody will catch you. Never fails.

Be extra safe the first few times and always check both ways before crossing the street...

Enjoy.

Haha. I did plagiarize! I copied and pasted the entire thing from BBC!

Is that frowned upon here?

Read A Rahman's posts.

He's clearly an enemy of the U.N. mission. That includes, of course, the country he lives in-Canada. He's the enemy of their soldiers. Do you think the taliban distinguish their targets on this matter? I sure don't. They, in fact, seem eager to kill Canadian soldiers. Especially so. Nobody's army has suffered more by it's size than the Canadian army.

I'd sure not be happy to have my son die in Afghanistan and Mr. Rahman's attitude next door to mine.

And I'd sure not live in such a nation were I Mr. Rahman. My conscience couldn't abide living among the heinous enemy against whom I cheer the taliban may kill.

He should be ashamed of himself. You too if you feel the same way about the Canadian mission in Kandahar.

JMHO.

Thanks.:)

A R Rehman is complety entitled to his views regardless of the fact where he resides.I'm sure are there are many canadians who have similar views.
Sending troops to Afganistan is a decision of canadian govt,u cant question his loyality just because he dont agree with policies of candian govt.

Come on,he hasnt joined the taliban to kill canadian troops in afganistan.No,not so far.

"I'd sure not be happy to have my son die in Afghanistan and Mr. Rahman's attitude next door to mine."

well,i'm sure its none of mr Rehmans problem.

On a serious note, u guys really hate taliban now.
But just a decade back its u Americans who were inviting mujahidins of Afghanistan to ur white house because they were targeting evil commies of USSR who were ur arch rivlas at that point of time.

Then it was no issue when ISI sponsored madrassa were cropping up every to recruit & galvanize talibans(students) for jehad in Afghanistan & later on in indian kashmir.U guys gave them weapons,funded, trained them to fight for religion,created this whole culture of jehad and rejoiced when their jehad was successful aganist USSR.Now u want them unlearn jehad the only idea lived by all their life cause u faced some side effects of the whole concept.

Also there was no major problem even when Taliban captured Kabul came to power in Afghanistan in the nineties.

Its only after 9/11 when they refused to hand over Bin Laden,they became ur sworn enemy.Even then just recently when Karzai govt made no significant difference or progress to the lives of afghan ppl and Talibans becoming stronger with each passing day,u ppl are going restive like India must not attack pakistan to reduce security at its western border or Pakistan mustnt aid Taliban cuz that hurts US interests.

Come on,i mean nobody is saint,but u can easily spot a pretentious sinner when u see one.So loose ur temper & just calm down.

"Pakistan should have supported Taliban insurgency since the beginning, We shouldn't have let US establish strong foothold in Afghanistan.

Anyway, better late then never."

A. Rahman, your reply is interesting. Do you contenence, then, the killing of Canadian soldiers in the very, very actively Quetta shura supported neighborhood of Kandahar? Apparently so.

That makes you an enemy of the Canadian and American people. How comfortable to be able to reside in Canadian lands and be protected by Canadian laws against your declared determination to support war upon the Afghan people and it's Canadian supporters..

Your dreaming again......does the same yardstick apply to all the americans and canadians that dont support the terror wars on iraq and afganistan.

Do you support the killing of innocent children in afganistan by NATO forces?.......you silly loaded questions are pathetic.

My personal opinion is, Pakistan should've said, "You want to fight them, you figure out how to get to them. Get off our freakin backs!" That would've kept this fight a US vs Taliban fight. If the US is figuring out ways to get to Afghanistan bypassing Pakistan, it could've figured it out back then.

I think we've learned our lesson about the uncontrollable nature of groups like the Taliban. So supporting them is out of the question for us Pakistanis. People who oppose the war all over the world, blame Pakistan just as much as they blame America. For some reason it is expected that we should've stood up to America alone.

I think people like Rahman realize that by not supporting the Taliban, Pakistan has screwed itself up. But I say to them, by supporting them, we would've never improved. Today at least there is a fight against extremism. The fight should've been controlled better, rather than it turning into an all out royal rumble.

"I think people like Rahman realize that by not supporting the Taliban, Pakistan has screwed itself up."

He's making up for lost time with his realization and all these words of defense and justification spell just one thing- a taliban bullet or bomb with a Canadian address on the other end...

...and to some here that's o.k though it's measured in bone and blood by some family back in Canada. For what? The neo- colonial/imperialist conquest of islamic Afghanistan by the new crusaders or some such B.S?

No. It isn't o.k. Not one bit. Plain, simple and as sure as the sun rising in the east.

Rahman's comment is an expression of an enemy of the Canadian mission in Afghanistan and comes from a guest, resident, or citizen of that nation. His words are perfectly clear.

The U.N. mission in Afghanistan is honorable. My enemy and it's friends are not. Many of them are right here.

Taliban is our plan B incase if US Nato and India Decide to have some kind of Adventure games in Pakistan which many still fear ...

Taliban is our plan B incase if US Nato and India Decide to have some kind of Adventure games in Pakistan which many still fear ...

this is exactly where you go wrong.60 years of being independent...and you still put your faith in a renegade cult!
taliban is an infection upon your country....cut it out!
did you want the attack on the lankan team?only in pakistan is a dictator favored over democracy...and a renegade faction over the fight against terrorism...
and how is india involved...except for the unseen and never recorded incidents of some super-duper-naturally influential RAW agents wrecking havoc in almost all of pakistan...dude india is building afghanistani infrastructure...obviously to get a big diplomatic influence...not a single indian soldier is there in afghanistan...and pakistan is a memeber of nato not us...america has it's own policies and we surely are not consulted...it's just that we tend to have an inclination towards their war on terror...cus we have a first-hand experience ourselves.

"I think people like Rahman realize that by not supporting the Taliban, Pakistan has screwed itself up."

He's making up for lost time with his realization and all these words of defense and justification spell just one thing- a taliban bullet or bomb with a Canadian address on the other end...

...and to some here that's o.k though it's measured in bone and blood by some family back in Canada. For what? The neo- colonial/imperialist conquest of islamic Afghanistan by the new crusaders or some such B.S?

No. It isn't o.k. Not one bit. Plain, simple and as sure as the sun rising in the east.

Rahman's comment is an expression of an enemy of the Canadian mission in Afghanistan and comes from a guest, resident, or citizen of that nation. His words are perfectly clear.

The U.N. mission in Afghanistan is honorable. My enemy and it's friends are not. Many of them are right here.
Why should Canadian life matter more than Pakistani?

You're crying rivers over a handful dead. Your actions and the Canadian government's actions have killed at least 10x more people.

I don't wish the Canadian soldiers dead, they can just get up and leave. I wouldn't support the Taliban, but I won't support the Canadians either.

There's this saying in Urdu, "Gala ghoont ke kehte ho ke uff kyun kia!"

basically it means: "After beating me up, you complain when I say ouch!"

Back
Top Bottom