What's new

ISI - a big failure?

Revised and updated version posted. Please lock this thread, delete the posts and make this a sticky. And find a proper title.

you might want to hold off on threads where you ask for reply by PM only till the 10,000 limit problem is sorted out?

you might want to hold off on threads where you ask for reply by PM only till the 10,000 limit problem is sorted out?

We have another thread active on this same topic, you can use that. Or, ask Aeronaut/Irfan Baloch/Zaki to forward your queries to me.

On a public forum how can you expect ppl to obey unilateral diktats and not air their opinion ?

After 5000 + posts you do not know that PMs are not permitted here for the last couple of months.

Its ok to want to defend an orgnisation but not wanting to hear opinions that may run contrary is so ' ISIish".

@ Last hope : I respect for hard work you put to write an analysis but your methodology states for "No-analysis-here" is sort of unidirectional and hence does not invite anyone to discuss opinions openly. Well if that is the cases then why to write such analysis?? Why PM? Are you so obsessed about analysis you have done that it can't be discussed here?

What is the point of this thread?

To discuss ISI failures?

@ Last hope : I respect for hard work you put to write an analysis but your methodology states for "No-analysis-here" is sort of unidirectional and hence does not invite anyone to discuss opinions openly. Well if that is the cases then why to write such analysis?? Why PM? Are you so obsessed about analysis you have done that it can't be discussed here?
As usual, the thread's actual topic would have been diverted and hence thread destroyed.
What is the point of this thread?

To discuss ISI failures?
To target anti-ISI Pakistanis and explain them why they are wrong.

Well I wrote the ISI's Wikipedia Page.

So if you guys have any questions about the ISI, please ask away. :D

India is the evil one, right from the start it has had been trying to break Pakistan.

Thanks for showing again how you people think!

Praise the Lord, you have admitted your fault. Good.

Praise the Lord, you have admitted your fault. Good.
One who admits his/her faults is the one who walks the the correct path...

Well I wrote the ISI's Wikipedia Page.

So if you guys have any questions about the ISI, please ask away. :D

Why is ISI so powerful? I hear it does not report to the civilian govt. in practice, is it true...

Why is ISI so powerful? I hear it does not report to the civilian govt. in practice, is it true...

ISI is a military intelligence agency, equivalent to the United States Defense Intelligence Agency. And thus its not under Civilian Jurisdiction, but Military. After the Coup in 1958 which brought in Military dictator Ayub Khan to power in Pakistan, ISI role changed from sharing intel between all branches of the military to ensuring the current military junta stays in power and eliminating the enemies. So in essence became a personal spy agency for the military leadership.

First spying on Pakistani civilians who were opposed to their rule, then expanding it to further their foreign agenda such as the 1965 War with India, 1971 Civil War, Baloch Uprisings in 1977, Political Enemies, Kashmir Conflicts with India and then Soviet War in Afghanistan in 1980s and bringing the Taliban to power in the 1990s.

Its powerful because it does not report to the civilian government but military and military is the most powerful organization in Pakistan.

If you were to compare Pakistani Intelligence Agencies with USA, here is how they would compare.

ISI - US equivalent is the Defense Intelligence Agency
FIA - US equivalent is the Federal Bureau of Investigation
MI - US equivalent is the National Security Agency
IB - US equivalent is the Central Intelligence Agency

they are good

but stop thinking they are God...they are also susceptible to failures like any other agency in the world

Outstanding thread on the ISI & what you have said in your thread is true. Politicians, Media & Courts are threat to Pakistan. It is surprising to see how Courts have completely failed to deliver & they have started to give their verdict in favor of terrorists who are killing Security personals & innocent civilians, but Pak Army & the ISI are aware of all this.

It was like Hillary Clinton said ““We are in an information war, and we are losing”
Hillary Clinton admits that we are fully engaged in an information war (Intel battle). Information wars are nothing new and have been around forever (aka propaganda).
When US saw they are getting punched over & over again by Pak Army & the ISI, so what do they do? they buy Pak Media by giving them Millions of Dollars so that they can speak US & read US scripts. We all can see how Pak Media, Anchorman & reporters are spreading false news, false information & massive propaganda against Pakistan.

Politicians well they are NOT Pakistanis they are all anti Pakistanis working for their master US & India, they are all following orders given by their masters. We all can see this in today’s corrupt politics.

It is a great article & everything has been explained in properly. I hope Pak Army & ISI crush the enemies of Pakistan whenever they get the chance to do it & they don’t let go of this opportunity.

Dare to call wrong acts, wrong. And condemn all the human rights violation done whether in the name of Allah or in the name of Pakistan, or for some good forsaken conspiracies, this is no excuse of criminal activities. Be subject to Law and institutional manuals (if there are any). forget about how others operate, you will be asked of your conduct, not of others.

they are, like Abu Zulfiqar said, not Allah and are subject to mistake. should be under scrutiny so that it is ensured that they dont end up messing with the state again.

Dare to call wrong acts, wrong. And condemn all the human rights violation done whether in the name of Allah or in the name of Pakistan, or for some good forsaken conspiracies, this is no excuse of criminal activities. Be subject to Law and institutional manuals (if there are any). forget about how others operate, you will be asked of your conduct, not of others.

they are, like Abu Zulfiqar said, not Allah and are subject to mistake. should be under scrutiny so that it is ensured that they dont end up messing with the state again.

What Human Rights Violations ? I am Sick of hearing this , and i have no idea what you all are talking about there , Explain them to me , what Human Rights Violations did ISI Commit ??? ,

ENLIGHTEN ME !! , and it better not be a copy paste from a website.

Back
Top Bottom