What's new

Is there any man on pdf who cooks ?

Ok I just replied to the post and I guess it went to you. Crab is very hard to heat and even harder to clean and cook
The one in picture are blue swimmer crabs. They are easy to clean.. I didnt get hard to heat/cook part. Sea food cooks faster than even veggies.

haleem to sir ji gosht or bhut sari daleen mila ker bhut time banta hai . i make chany ki daal with beef but it can not be haleem
Lamb Daal gosht is on my to do list. I gave up on beef after marriage as wifey doesn't like it. Occasionally she brings me a steak or two.

Woh zamana gya .
Ab haleem peake see hi mix Ho k packets me available ha .
Earlier haleem was slow cooked in big pots overnight aur saare neighbourhood/relatives me share kiya jaata tha. Ab 2-4 members ke liye kaun itna effort lagaye.
By the way, the tagines I posted take around 4 hours of slow cooking. Specially for lamb.

The one in picture are blue swimmer crabs. They are easy to clean.. I didnt get hard to heat/cook part. Sea food cooks faster than even veggies.

Lamb Daal gosht is on my to do list. I gave up on beef after marriage as wifey doesn't like it. Occasionally she brings me a steak or two.

Earlier haleem was slow cooked in big pots overnight aur saare neighbourhood/relatives me share kiya jaata tha. Ab 2-4 members ke liye kaun itna effort lagaye.
By the way, the tagines I posted take around 4 hours of slow cooking. Specially for lamb.

.. sharing is caring .
It's some of a precious tradition of subcontinent that we share our food with neighbours .

Slow cooking for lamb is best when i cook lamb or goat always takes 4 5 hours on the lowest heat setting.Also get lamb or goat on the bone it gives a much better sauce part of the curry then boneless meat does plus you can suck the marrow which is nice.

One dish im thinking of cooking is crab being a indian punjabi its not something we cook. But seen a few recipes from other parts of india might try it next weekend

I do cook once a week. People say that I am a very good cook. But I only prepare what I like mostly:

1 - Chicken/ Mutton Karhai
2 - Green Masala Chaanp Karhai
3 - BBQ Chops/ Bihari Kabas/Chicken Tikka
4 - Chicken Pasta in White Sauce (I prepare the sauce by myself with thick cooking cream)
5 - Pizza (but due to the low temp oven that I have, the dough becomes a little bit hard, but still it is delicious)
6 - Nihari
7 - Biryani
8 - Chargha (both in oven and pateeli)
9 - Crispy Fried Chicken
10 - Beef Burger

I'm coming around for dinner bro.

Hello ,

I was interested to know how many men here knows cooking ?

What dishes you make ? And how do you feel cooking by yourself ? Do you get taunting or made fun of by other men ? Do you find it easy or difficult ?
I cook sometimes like mutton, daal rice...

IMG_4653.JPG
Get some dhaal red kidney beans
Soak overnight
Do not use tinned if your a westerner
Put on boil until starts soften put in whole Clove of garlic and while chilli/s
Suit to taste

Add coconut milk to the boiling dhaal and stir
Cow milk can also be used but I prefer coconut milk in this dish by far

Once it starts to Catch boil again add basmati rice (preferably pre soaked)

Keep heat high with pot lid off until water starts to disappear

Once water is gone and you can see the rice turn heat very low
Cover handi with foil or cloth and allow to cook until done

Eat with gosht (mutton,goat ) chicken or fish

The end

20171011_111408.jpg

Lamb shanks with Ras el hanout seasoning overnight
20171011_130912.jpg

Onion bed on tagine and saffron water
20171011_132406.jpg

After onions are transparent rest the shanks on top.
20171011_133016.jpg

Lid on slow heat for 5 hours

20171011_191654.jpg

After 5+ hours
20171011_202430.jpg

Last twenty minutes. Added some Zucchini, snow peas, preserverd lemons, blanched almonds and prunes with sesame seeds.
@Well.wisher @Levina @waz @Imran Khan
@yuba - on the bone as you like it.

@Mentee

View attachment 430733
Lamb shanks with Ras el hanout seasoning overnight
View attachment 430734
Onion bed on tagine and saffron water
View attachment 430735
After onions are transparent rest the shanks on top.
View attachment 430736
Lid on slow heat for 5 hours

View attachment 430737
After 5+ hours
View attachment 430738
Last twenty minutes. Added some Zucchini, snow peas, preserverd lemons, blanched almonds and prunes with sesame seeds.
@Well.wisher @Levina @waz @Imran Khan
@yuba - on the bone as you like it.

@Mentee

This looks good, did you make it?

Back
Top Bottom