What's new

Is there any man on pdf who cooks ?

Hello ,

I was interested to know how many men here knows cooking ?

What dishes you make ? And how do you feel cooking by yourself ? Do you get taunting or made fun of by other men ? Do you find it easy or difficult ?

Hi,

Meija,

Seems like you did not notice that there were hardly any female cooks at the commercial level---all cooks and chefs were men---.

So---men cook---and more of them do---,

I myself cook---at a professional level as well.

Well before marriage i was hardly able to heat up ready-made rice in the microwave or pot noodles once in a couple of months

Now I can make different type of eggs/ommelletes as well as drinks such as Mojito (non alcohol of course), Pina Colada, Milkshakes, different type of salads, tea, burgers, sandwiches and so many other things so its a good beginning

I can also make some chicken dishes but never tried alone
Oh janaab . Lagta ha shadi k baad waqai tabdeeli aa nahi rahii .. tabdeeli aagaaiii haiiiiiii...

Hi,

Meija,

Seems like you did not notice that there were hardly any female cooks at the commercial level---all cooks and chefs were men---.

So---men cook---and more of them do---,

I myself cook---at a professional level as well.

Hamare mard intehai darjay k kaam chor hain is liye pocha ..

Once you know the basic curry/layout, you pretty much make any side dish(well basic stuff). You'll continually modify, get better. I've started couple of months ago.

I cooked a palak gosht last night . Extra green chillies hot .

i don't eat McDonald's KFC etc they send you to the grave quicker and make you slow in the head .
Living in countries where you can't even buy roti flour or basmati rice you quickly learn to adapt , I cook Rotis using plain flour with baking powder when I can't find chappati flour .

Someone mentioned crab

oil
Zeera
Onion 1
5 clove garlic
Fresh ginger
2 tomatoes

Soften

Salt
Haldi
Kashmiri basar
Red chilli powder

Green mango

Cooked crab
Coriander

Very nice

Kaisi baat karti hain mohtarma.. ye thread gavah hai ke mard nihayati mehnatkash hote hain aur zaheen khansamon me shumar rakhte hain. Just kidding.
how do you maintain that moroccan pot, it looks delicate..

how do you maintain that moroccan pot, it looks delicate..
The tagine has to be rinsed preferably overnight before cooking. No sudden temperature changes. If you see the pics, I use a heat diffuser on the stove. About cleaning, non abrasive materials. I don't use detergent at all. That's pretty much it mate.

From yesterday, spices for marination, drink for motivation
20171013_203023.jpg

Lamb cutlets and rump steaks marinated
20171013_211515.jpg

In the pan
20171013_212717.jpg

No more than 5 mins each side on medium high heat (otherwise save money and buy a chewing gum)
20171013_212939.jpg

Done dana done
20171013_213528.jpg

Same for the cutlet chops
20171013_222306.jpg

The tagine has to be rinsed preferably overnight before cooking. No sudden temperature changes. If you see the pics, I use a heat diffuser on the stove. About cleaning, non abrasive materials. I don't use detergent at all. That's pretty much it mate.

From yesterday, spices for marination, drink for motivation
View attachment 431170
Lamb cutlets and rump steaks marinated
View attachment 431171
In the pan
View attachment 431172
No more than 5 mins each side on medium high heat (otherwise save money and buy a chewing gum)
View attachment 431173
Done dana done
View attachment 431174

Same for the cutlet chops
View attachment 431175
thanks.

looks yummy but i lack motivation to cook... for me there is a sweet spot where you max out the acceptable level of taste with minimal effort(looks like a bell curve to me), and i would rather eat in restaurant than go beyond that. :)
have you used any slow cooker... like crock pot?

thanks.

looks yummy but i lack motivation to cook... for me there is a sweet spot where you max out the acceptable level of taste with minimal effort(looks like a bell curve to me), and i would rather eat in restaurant than go beyond that. :)
have you used any slow cooker... like crock pot?
Can imagine that.. crock pot never

Back
Top Bottom