What's new

Is The IAF Mirage 2000 Upgrade Too Expensive?

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
MIRAGE%2B2000%2Bupgrade%2Binfographic.jpg

This is something that has been debated by the IAF and the MoD, which have considered all options before making a decision to upgrade 51 Indian Mirage 2000 fighter jets to the -V standard. Since there is still a lack of clarity about the value of the upgrade contract, let me put down what best I know at this stage (the figure in the infographic below is a consolidated figure that includes the cost of weapons and infrastructure). The cost of upgrade contract is understood to be $2.7-billion. The cost of the weapons component is $700-million, and the cost of infrastructure between $500 too 600 million.

Livefist

This upgrade will also bring the M2K's closer to the level of a Rafale's strike capability.
Is the ability for day night all weather strikes in adverse EW environments worth 4 billion?
That is the actual question.

Of course it is expensive! $ 2 billion!? Add that damn amount to MRCA and we could get another squadron of Rafales in IAF which would last longer than Mirages! UPA asshats at their best again.

what a waste of money. why we buying so much weapons for a useless army (ofcourse because of spineless politician). Should have invested that in social welfare of the needy people.

My 2 cents follows:

The IAF is very hapy with the Mirage-2000 for a specific capability/capabilities and would like to keep continuing it in service for another 20 years.

They do not want to take the risk that they will not have this capability(whatever makes them extremely happy with it) in the Rafale.

India's large fast growing economy gives the IAF this luxury that would not have been available to a less rich country.

My 2 cents follows:

The IAF is very hapy with the Mirage-2000 for a specific capability/capabilities and would like to keep continuing it in service for another 20 years.

They do not want to take the risk that they will not have this capability(whatever makes them extremely happy with it) in the Rafale.

India's large fast growing economy gives the IAF this luxury that would not have been available to a less rich country.

My friend, even with these upgrades we will have this jet only for 10-15 more years compared to Rafales that will easily do another 25 years without ANY upgrades at all before they're MLUed or scrapped. That $2 billion is the blood and sweat money of our countrymen; it is our right to decide what to do with the deal. This government is already more anti-national than LeT and and AQ put together in its administration. I bet a fat paycheque is there behind this as well for our MOD babus. NO wonder they cleared it so fast without considering a new squadron of Rafales for the same price over and above MMRCA deal.

My 2 cents follows:

Updates will complete in 2019 in the era of 5th generation planes. They are squeezing the hard earned money of common man. When so many people in our country who do not able to meet even their basic needs this people are wasting money on luxury. Shameless and Disgusting.

well i will not mind whether updates or new one

but we need more number plus quality to defend our nation against china

we nee more planes

why they are creating infra for mirage ?? which is costing half a billion dollar ?? what would be the use of that if we choose EF ??

Its crazy. We are paying billions to one of the wealthiest country in the world to keep them happy.

french are milking India in a big way. This money could have invested in making infra and world class educational institutes where dividends are very high.

Back
Top Bottom