What's new

Is the Combination of F16 Block C/D and JF17 Block 3 , sufficient ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is for Ground Crew to figure out , and their Training the better their training and Education is the better the results are.

We can't be flying F7 and Mirages

Time to move to Modern platforms

a) JF17 (1, 2 , 3) are such platform
b) J10B is similarly another wonderful platform with Enhanced Engine
Forget B just buy C which is more advance than B @AZADPAKISTAN2009

China is moving at speed of light they will be soon even releasing Block/Version E/F

2008-2015 (Target for JF17 was around 250 fighter Jets , we are almost 50% short of that goal)
2019-2021 ( Targets are for Block 3 Thunders)
2025-2030 (Project Azm)

So in between year 2019-2025 we need something to bridge the gaps

• We could order and get delivered 40 planes between 2019-2020 and use these as fill gap for years 2021-2030

Last edited:
The simple answer is no we need su 35

Need to educate Masses nothing else ;)

20-30 million kids out of school [emoji538] and no money to pay short term debt ;)

Basic accounting and economic 101 ;)

Otherwise the whole nation will start following idiots like mulvi x y z

Need to educate Masses nothing else ;)

20-30 million kids out of school [emoji538] and no money to pay short term debt ;)

Basic accounting and economic 101 ;)

Otherwise the whole nation will start following idiots like mulvi x y z
You are right I was just answering a question.

EFT will be best stop Gap Solution , or More New/Used F-16's .

Reactions: waz
Even now both air forces can equally compete each other.
Su30mki are no match for our f 16.
All block 1 will be upgraded to block 2 and all block 2 may have aesa radars soon.
Our f7 and mirages are old but have been upgraded to new level. F7 will be replaced by jf 17 and mirages may remain here for some time.

What is the Immediate Dangers to Air Space Protection with

• Existance of Almost 250 Sukhoi-30 Crafts
  • And purchase of 36 Rafale
  • 64 Upgraded Mig29

Is the Combination of F16 Block C/D and JF17 Block 3 , sufficient ?

It is hard to imagine where would our Airforce's status would be had we not inducted the JF17 Thunders.

Now on verge of Block III arrival 2019/2020 , we are witnessing a new Era in development of Pakistan Air force.

JF-17 now potentially armed with an additional 2 Missile Launching hard points , 2 Long range Air to Air Missiles and new fresh Radar and Engine will certainly enhance the capabilities of National Defense.

dnrn_0_wkaapwar-jpg.434677

sd-10a-pl-12a-aam-apa-1s-jpg.434689

483846-f16.jpg

id_aviation_weapons_aim120_01_700.jpg

Where will the Block III rank , vs Rafale considering the Thunder is getting a improved Radar , Improved Engine for better speed and agility and more closer Block C/D level flight acrobatics and maneuvering

Do the Radar/ Avionics upgrade would help bridge the game between JF17 I/II vs Rafale crafts?

From size prespective , Rafael are almost same size as the JF17 Thunders but they do enjoy a better Publicity about their Weapon's package and Duel Engine configuration

visual.jpg

India's strategy has been to combine a Large Fighter , and a light Agile platform Rafael to create a Air force which has best elements from Western/Russian technology

View attachment 520102

The problem at hand can be well understood with following image
su30mis4.jpg

fetch

The hindrance in sustained growth in F16 C/D numbers have meant a bit more pressure is put forth on the JF17 platform , to coming thru with flying colors by the time JF17 Block III is released

Had 18-25 F16 C/D arrived on schedule we could have argued that both Primary Platforms have continued to evolve

View attachment 520101

Many people don't consider the F-7PG / Mirages to be much more then
hindrance in path of Sukhoi-30/Rafale threats. While both Mirage/F7 carry live weapons and Air to Air Missile the effectiveness of these older platform in a long duration battle is questionable

Sufficient for what ?

You must learn to phrase the question right with proper assertions.
At some point in time you must learn to come out of adolescence and get mature.

Project Azm is a long term 2030-2032 type project , however we still should be able to fix the problem with Older generation crafts like Mirage/F7PG , retirement with a temporary 30-36 unit purchase

The Much Improved J10B could be a great consideration to even up Pakistan Airforce
If we get 40 J10B , we will help balance the Airforce needs

Getting 40-60 J10B would be ideal scenario to get a New Generation Delta Wing craft in Pakistani Airforce

48709_1478708296.jpg

J%2B10%2Bfighter%2BWallpapers%2B%25284%2529.jpg

Now the Fighter Jet is able to Thrust Vector
137586895_15415465136261nsmall.jpg

View attachment 520111

Here is what we can achive with J10B , re-evaluation

a) Much Improved Engine
b) Thrust Vectoring Engine, new technical challenges for Pakistani Pilots to Master
c) Better, same as JF17/F16 but can carry more options
d) Bubble Canopy
e) Additional Missiles Carrying capabilities

The J10B > F7-PG
J10B > Mirage

If IK can fix the economy, we can increase the production rate of Jf-17 from 20 to 40 plans per years (this will cover the additional international orders), and at the same time start the development work on block 4 and 5th generation fighter. If Russia prove the sale, we can buy 36 J-16 or Sukhoi Su-35S.

maxresdefault.jpg

a16d5b4fa44e006d75b8e99d9b0a81df.jpg

i think its impossible for pak to go for any new fighter jet right now. we should try to counter the immediate threats which are our poor economic conditions and water shortage. even if india buys rafale or even F-35 it is highly unlikely that they will invade pakistan with these weapons. our nuclear capability is sufficient to make them think 100 times before taking any stupid step. the present govt should focus entirely on development of pak. the only thing PAF can do in these years is to upgrade earlier blocks JFT and procure blk 3 from china. US couldnt muster up courage to attack NK how can india dare to do any misadventure?

Have seen a quite a lot of respected Pakistani members telling that PAF hasnt quite got an answer to the Su30 MKI in itself first. PAF wasnt able to handle the old non upgraded Mig 29 in Kargil war. So the new UPG variant?
PAF also havent converted the entire class of F16 into C/D variant as well. That's another issue.

UAVs cannot carry heavy munitions, yet. Its payloads cannot even destroy an entire airbase.
Strategy should be J31.

i don't think the target with uav's is Airbases. stealth uavs will take down anti air defences like s400 and other sub systems. make way for regular air operations in indian airspace.

Kargil was in 20 years ago. two decades have passed. also there were reason why paf couldn't engage and there were limitations. indian airforce is at the same palce it was in 1999 while pakistan air force made termendous progress in past 20 years.

even ur airforce officals said so in indian supreme court.

The problem is the lack of planning. Induction of F-16 should be written off as there is no chance PAF can get any new F-16s while older might be in junk conditions. I don't know what PAF has been smoking since it totally showed lack of planning to induct a proper A/C and stop gap solution. J10C is a great option but PAF does not want that. While they don't have the money for EFTs. SU35 may have maintenance issues (at least gauging from indian airforce).
I think JF17 block III with a few J31s inducted should do the trick.

The problem is the lack of planning. Induction of F-16 should be written off as there is no chance PAF can get any new F-16s while older might be in junk conditions. I don't know what PAF has been smoking since it totally showed lack of planning to induct a proper A/C and stop gap solution. J10C is a great option but PAF does not want that. While they don't have the money for EFTs. SU35 may have maintenance issues (at least gauging from indian airforce).
I think JF17 block III with a few J31s inducted should do the trick.

India do not have su-35.
India operates su-30 similar with Indonesia n malaysia

Users of su-35 is russia, china, indonesia is awaiting deliveries.

India do not have su-35.
India operates su-30 similar with Indonesia n malaysia

Users of su-35 is russia, china, indonesia is awaiting deliveries.
Yes I know. What I meant is the reliability of Russian airplanes is considered low but definitely Indian airforce is not the best example to gauge because they will make any A/C look bad. SU30 and 35 share the same platform though Su30 is more advanced. Most of Russian A/Cs in Malaysian airforce are also in dire need of maintenance and are out of service...

i think its impossible for pak to go for any new fighter jet right now. we should try to counter the immediate threats which are our poor economic conditions and water shortage. even if india buys rafale or even F-35 it is highly unlikely that they will invade pakistan with these weapons. our nuclear capability is sufficient to make them think 100 times before taking any stupid step. the present govt should focus entirely on development of pak. the only thing PAF can do in these years is to upgrade earlier blocks JFT and procure blk 3 from china. US couldnt muster up courage to attack NK how can india dare to do any misadventure?

Same story again and again about economy.....Our economy hasn't improved in last 30 years.

Yes I know. What I meant is the reliability of Russian airplanes is considered low but definitely Indian airforce is not the best example to gauge because they will make any A/C look bad. SU30 and 35 share the same platform though Su30 is more advanced. Most of Russian A/Cs in Malaysian airforce are also in dire need of maintenance and are out of service...

Su-35 has a new engine and is a different machine in terms of reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom