What's new

Is PDF helping bring people of Pakistan and India Closer

Status
Not open for further replies.
PDF is a great platform for interaction and learning. We come to know the real facts of events, that was hided in history books etc
Its a platform for talking with Pakistanis, which i thought before as impossible.
I do like some Pak members here anyway.

PDF is a great source of information . But I don't think it brings people together. PDF pushes even the most moderate people to take sides . It is like an online video game where one gets thrills and entertainment by attacking the other side.

I don't think pdf is here to bring pakistanis and Indians closer.. However pdf is interested in welcoming views and opinions that help it generate traffic which equals more advertising revenue.

Pdf and others cannot bring people closer who don't wish to be close, its Like a petrol and fire relation.

It's just opposite to others experience. I went to Wagha border just to see how Pakistan & its people look like. It happened all due to PDF. Although I was not happy to see low turnout of people on opposite side of border but there was something very nice feeling inside me. I grew up in a environment where Ganga Jamuni tahzeeb is taught even in most hardline Hindu org run schools(I studied in Saraswati Gyan Mandir). So I had no knowledge about Pakistan but as I got my cellphone & desktop in 2007 August, I became addicted to various defense forums including PDF. So I can say with full confidence that I have soft corner for General Pakistani people, their culture(same as mine at least 50%) & beauty of their land. But at the same time some of the posters make personal & derogatory remarks which creates some frustration but no hate. I hate Pakistani term only when their is something bad happening in India due to Pakistan(only for short period).
On a personal note when ever any Hindu leaders or saint make any racial or religious comment which is not good, I personally as well as collectively oppose it in my society. While in case of Pakistan, why do people support such people when their inner voice says that they may be wrong.
I know some will question that which party do you support. My take is that I will vote for BJP(never to congress) but on my terms & when I say it I mean it.

yes as example i was very nice simple guy till i meet indians here and become troll
Sir I registered on this forum because of few people. You were certainly 1 of them.:agree:
Let me count all of them.
Imran Khan, Krait, Spark,Chinese Dragon.:bunny:
Now you are saying that we made you troll. :bad:

Before I joined PDF, I used to only hate certain Pakistanis and Bangladeshis. Now thanks to PDF I hate all Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Chinese, Indians (yup even those evil Yindoo types), Israelis, Americans, Australians, Turks, Afghans, Russians, Canadians, English (especially those subcontinentals who emigrated to the UK). Thanks to PDF I now realise what a f'd up place this world is and am so grateful I emigrated to Africa at a young age :thank_you2:

After sometime one thing we do realise here is that the enmity is too deep rooted and the reason is too complicated and that there is no quick fix solution to it, it's too entrenched that it will not go off just with some superficial solutions.

One saving grace is the enmity is limited to the state level and not at a personal level, its not as if we will kill each other or harm one another if given the chance, we might be even the best of friends on a personal level but when it comes to matters of the state we will be at each others throat.

The funny thing this phenomena must be really freaking out and confusing members from other nations.

But we sure have a long way to go before we actually mature and be civil, a lot needs to be done which I am afraid we are not geared up to do yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom