What's new

Is Pakistan on its way to becoming the first country to defeat a large scale Islamist insurgency?

Oh bhai

country became bankrupt because it didn't go out militarily.

have you not read any history.

Tell me if Spain, England, Holland, USA, Japan became rich by sleeping at home

Pakistanis have to think globally if they want to change their economic situation.

Ghar baithay kaam nahi milta

Seriously???

Japan went out militarily in WW2 and got destroyed

Japan after the war agreed on a pacifist constitution and went on to become the 2nd biggest economy in the world
What wars have the likes of China, Brazil and South Korea been fighting???

This isn't the 18th century !!!

Sure a bankrupt country with a fragile democracy and large portion of the population having sectarian/extremist tendencies like this idiot @Genghis khan1 needs to fix things in the Middle East.....

We need to think smart and only about ourselves !
Obviously you're a dumbass of epic proportion and cannot think big and outside of the box.

Seriously???

Japan went out militarily in WW2 and got destroyed

Japan after the war agreed on a pacifist constitution and went on to become the 2nd biggest economy in the world
What wars have the likes of China, Brazil and South Korea been fighting???

This isn't the 18th century !!!

Japan made a mistake by going out militarily AGAINST the bigger power.

Read Yama moto's cautions that Japanese leadership ignored.

As I said bhai

Read, read read read read

It is good for brain.

That is true.

@Genghis khan1 please take a break from this thread.
Dude, I know my views aren't pleasing to you, but this is a forum for free thinkers and your approach as a moderator is quite evidently biased. I am out.
Chawlain na mar
Thank You, now you are back to you own level. Sada jootia katay rahoo. :yahoo:

Last edited:
Well and truly on our way, weve done the hard work, just cant take the foot off the pedal now. Two main reasons why
weve succeeded where countries like Syria and Iraq failed. We have a strong and professional armed forces and secondly
our society isnt divided on sectarian lines like other countries. God speed, now lets secure the borders so scum can stay on the other side where they originated.

Japan made a mistake by going out militarily AGAINST the bigger power.

Read Yama moto's cautions that Japanese leadership ignored.

As I said bhai

Read, read read read read

It is good for brain.

Bhai you need to wake up

None of the posts you have made since the Yemen episode have made any sense at all

Yes. Even Rasool Allah (SWT) said an army from the east will rise and defeat these kharjis and will win this fight.

No answer to Yama moto's reference.

ha!
And that was somehow related to the discussion???

What we were debating was your assertion that only through our military involvement in the Middle East can this country move forward....

No answer to my post regarding the success of post war-Japan, China, South Korea , Brazil......

Haaaaaaaa!

And that was somehow related to the discussion???

What we were debating was your assertion that only through our military involvement in the Middle East can this country move forward....

No answer to my post regarding the success of post war-Japan, China, South Korea , Brazil......

Haaaaaaaa!

Post war japan is part of US military alliance. So is South Korea.

Chinese have worked their @rses off for USA and EU
So did Brazil.

What is the point are you making? Or just going around mocking?

A national educational emergency is the need of the hour.. Monitoring or rather take over of all seminaries by the federal govt is also very important.. Because these houses of God have been turned into temples of satan.. Our govt schools produce dumbasses and our seminaries produce zombies.

Fully support your view on educational emergency but I think we might have hit a dead end there. Explanation follows.

As for the thread. The security situation has improved massively. That's should be the catalyst for other things to follow i.e. economic growth, de-radicalisation programmes and so on.

True that. Security situation has improved great deal but will it spur economic growth and de-radicalization? Most likely not.

Why so?

Because game has now moved into politico-social domain and that's where military is helpless. Military can fight those carrying weapons and provide a sense of security for some duration. That's all they can do. From here on the torch is to be carried by society and politicians and that's our stumbling block. They are either incompetent, corrupt, themselves radical, have no foresight or whatever- just take your pick. The fact remains they are neither doing it nor seem willing. And people of Pakistan are in no mood to push them hard enough. One downside of overzealous support for Army and Gen Shareef is People stop doing their part against the menace. True to psyche of our nation, they will always wait for a Godsend messiah and go crazy when they declare one. Remember CJP movement? Gen Mushshraf? Benazir Bhutto coming back? And they were disappointed every time. I'm afraid they don't realize that they will have to ruthlessly purge politicians in each election until they start delivering. And trust me they won't deliver on education and radicalism.

Low education standards and radicalisation benefits politicians and the game that they play with masses. Poorly educated society is easy to manipulate. You can tell them fake stories and buy their votes. They don't realize the game being played on them. Radicals are also good for them. They help by creating law and order situation and provide environment for hooliganism and flow of illegal weapons. This also means wealth can be assimilated by few powerful elites. Competition can be eliminated by hooligans.

Economic growth is again something they don't like. Security isn't the only requirement for economy to improve. Good laws and level playing field is another essential. They won't allow level playing field. Their business empires and cartels can not survive a competitive business environment. They won't pass laws nor will implement any which threatens their wealth and power.

As much as I like to be an optimist, I see major hurdles before we as nation can move to next phase to reap the benefits of sacrifices of our LEAs. It won't be an easy road.

Post war japan is part of US military alliance. So is South Korea.

Chinese have worked their @rses off for USA and EU
So did Brazil.

What is the point are you making? Or just going around mocking?

Japan and Korea being part of that US military alliance isn't the reason for their economic success

There are many countries who were part of large military alliances in the past like Seato and Cento but it got them nowhere.....duhhhh Pakistan

Brazil and China.....what??? when???

Nations who have done well for themselves in the past 40 years have done it through solely focusing internally and not through indulging in some external shenanigans as you seem to suggest

Back
Top Bottom