What's new

Is Pakistan on its way to becoming the first country to defeat a large scale Islamist insurgency?

--. What it needs to do is to start up a media campaign

I beg to disagree.

What Pakistan needs now is to expand beyond its borders and defeat anarchy in the region.

First stop Yemen
Next Iraq/Syrai
Next Libya

and on and on.

It is time to think beyond our borders and address suffering of humanity

It is time to think big

It is time to quit being "Kun-wain ka maindak".

Thank you

Dude, you cannot fix something until and unless you identify the problem first. I got nothing against any religious or sect but this sectarian hatred has to stop. We need to stop brushing dirt under the carpet and find out the root cause of problem. Iran since 79 is fueling instability through out the region. Iraq is burning, Syria is devastated, Yemen, Lebanon, Bahrain, you name it. All fueled by "IRGC" directed from Qom, Iran. I am afraid, Pakistan will realize when it too late. Iran radical Ayatollahs are preparing for doomsday coming of Imam (A Sunni massacre) ideology. This shit has to stop. as of yesterday. :pissed:

I am aware of it.

And still say that we do not need to spread sectarian shit in Pakistan.

Hope you understand.

This is another example of the radicalisation of our society... This intolerant n extremist mentality is our main problem..

@waz. Bhai your opinion ..

It has been the Najdi originated terror that has caused the greatest losses in Pakistan. It has been them who have been;
- Slaughtering minorities.
- Killing ulimah (Barelvi/sufi).
- Attacking the army and state institutions.
- Forging alliances with those hostile to Pakistan.
-Indulging in rape, robbery and other crimes.
-Attacking Pakistani allies (China).
-Terrorising their market places, bookshops, theatres and other social places.

I never saw a Muharam procession do all the above. In AJK we have them every year, and have done so since our forefathers liberated the region. We suffer no terrorist attacks as well, do you know why? We haven't let Najdi scum fester in our region. There you go, terrorism free.

This claim is premature until the time that the trends towards radicalization of the general population are reversed. Thus far, there are no signs that it is the case, with the situation growing worse steadily.

I guess you haven't compared the posts of OP and others like him before and after ZeA, and reports of (en)counter insurgency operations, official ban on hate literature and speeches in loud speakers of Mosques --- i know it's not 100% implemented yet, but we are on right track if we don't divert.

So where are the serious steps in these directions?

..... and to make new mistakes. :D

So who is going to take these steps?
Govt. If not than these SSP and LeJ will keep emerging. It is ridiculous for 10% -15% Shia to hijack a country of 200 million and jam it's economy every year for 10 days.

As for the thread. The security situation has improved massively. That's should be the catalyst for other things to follow i.e. economic growth, de-radicalisation programmes and so on.

As for the thread. The security situation has improved massively. That's should be the catalyst for other things to follow i.e. economic growth, de-radicalisation programmes and so on.

Yes, the security situation has improved massively, and it will be a great pity if it all goes to waste if there is no proper follow through that builds upon it to deliver te much needed economic growth and social de-radicalization that are already long overdue.

I guess you haven't compared the posts of OP and others like him before and after ZeA, and reports of (en)counter insurgency operations, official ban on hate literature and speeches in loud speakers of Mosques --- i know it's not 100% implemented yet, but we are on right track if we don't divert.

Yes, the recent steps are encouraging, but proper follow through is what is important.

Govt. If not than these SSP and LeJ will keep emerging. It is ridiculous for 10% -15% Shia to hijack a country of 200 million and jam it's economy every year for 10 days.

So secterian organisations are attacking and massacring innocent ppl Coz they feel bad that security is tightened (wasting 5% tax payers money) during Muharram over the fear of possible attacks on processions by secterian outfits?

Sound legit.

Not sure how 20+% evil Shias hijack a country of 200 million .. Also created by an evil Shia Jinnah Sb... Who has incisioned a modern and tolerant Muslim state .. Which it was till the 80s..(before the afghan jihad days).

P.S; there are only 2 weekends in Muharram observed by all Muslims - except maybe terrorists/extremists..

In the end .. I'd advise you to review your "mindset" and get rid of the sick mentality ... Just sayin.

It has been the Najdi originated terror that has caused the greatest losses in Pakistan. It has been them who have been;

I never saw a Muharam procession do all the above. In AJK we have them every year, and have done so since our forefathers liberated the region. We suffer no terrorist attacks as well, do you know why? We haven't let Najdi scum fester in our region. There you go, terrorism free.
There were nothing of this sort until 1979 Khomeini revolution in Iran. Years of Anti- Islam Specially Shahba hate literature published in Iran disturbed from Karachi and Lahore Imambargah cuz Sunni ulamas to take note and since govt failed to do anything as usual. extremist were born.

Bhai... Tolerance still runs in our areas.. Apart from bla or ssp c..ts... attackin innocent people .. We Baloch respect all beliefs .. We have Shias,Sunnis,Zikris ..
I have Shia Aswell as Sunnis in my own family... That's tolerance... Heck there are several cities/villages in Pak where all sects and even religions coexist peacefully -- respecting each other's beliefs...

you have defeated them militarily but unless you take care of radicalization of youth, you will see the same problem again. Also a stable responsible afganistan will help.

I beg to disagree.

What Pakistan needs now is to expand beyond its borders and defeat anarchy in the region.

First stop Yemen
Next Iraq/Syrai
Next Libya

and on and on.

It is time to think big

Thank you

I am aware of it.

Hope you understand.

Hi,

If you remember correctly---a few months ago---that before you went on a 'Hiatus'---that was the part of the discussion---that Pakistan needs to understand what is needed and required of it in the region.

Yemen was the place to show the world that Pakistan has much more capabilities of fighting this war than understood---.

The Saudis knew that---the emiratis knew that----only the Pakistanis were at a loss of direction.

They were afraid that India would attack---. How dare india attack under these circumstances when the world was seeking Pakistan's help---and secondly----measures could be taken to prevent that----a sqdrn of the Saudi F15's deployed at Jacobabad and a sqdrn of Emiratis Mirage 2k9's deployed at Karachi would have taken the air out of the balloon.

It was like a 100 billion dollar deal that Pakistan lay wasted----as @Indus Falcon stated----10 to 20 billion dollars up front and then 5 billion dollars a year.

The first step would have been to deploy at least 10-20 thousand troops with total support in place and leading to 30-40000 troops in 6 months----build a cantonment at Gwadar / Pasni----have a recruitment campaign started for another 100000 troops----a full fledged naval battle force comprising of 3500 tons to 10000 ton frigates----a naval strike air force---a submarine fleet and all the complimentary paraphernalia.

That was the moment for Pakistan to have evolved from a nobody to a somebody to recon with within months.

I beg to disagree.

First stop Yemen
Next Iraq/Syrai
Next Libya

and on and on.

It is time to think big

Thank you

I am aware of it.

Hope you understand.
Pakistan needs to spread it wings. Pakistan can easily spread it's influence in mid-east and create it's joint military bases, paid for by GCC, if diplomacy done right. Now you are talking about real China-Pakistan-Russia alliance where every team bring some strength to the table. But for that Pakistan need to be bit more militarily active and aggressive in the region, and assure Arabs that we are there for them.

Is Pakistan on its way to becoming the first country to defeat a large scale Islamist insurgency?

This claim is premature until the time that the trends towards radicalization of the general population are reversed. Thus far, there are no signs that it is the case, with the situation growing worse steadily.

He is talking about the militants or insurgency......not radicalization. Being radicalized does not mean being a militant or insurgent.

He is talking about the militants or insurgency......not radicalization. Being radicalized does not mean being a militant or insurgent.

Radicalization is the first step towards militancy, and as long as wider society remains radicalized, militancy can not be uprooted. Cutting branches while leaving the roots untouched will not work.

Back
Top Bottom