What's new

Is Pakistan on its way to becoming the first country to defeat a large scale Islamist insurgency?

I beg to differ here mate. TTP is an umberalla group with tons of terror organizations under this name. They were armed to teeth, buttressed by Khariji ideology and battle hardened with an experience of 30 years since they fought the Soviets in Afghanistan. They had thousands of fighters. They wrecked havoc in Pak for a few years , yet Pak was able to control them after deploying a significant number of resources: almost 160,000 troops and after a few years of operations. Our NATO counterparts across the border, used to pay goodwill money to Taliban to pass through their areas despite spending trillions of dollars in this war, while even today Pak Army holds and controls 3500 km of its communication lines in tribal areas. TTP fighters are now jumping onto the IS bandwagon in Afghanistan due to the heavy loses they faced in Pak Army operations.

Mek might have been a deadly insurgency , but its not comparable to TTP. The only other group I can compare TTP to is IS, which has taken over 2 countries.
Bro, I didn't indicate that TTP is not stronger, I was merely answering to question of: who was first? We faced it 30 years ago, so naturally we got rid of it sooner.

About TTP being as strong as ISIS, I simply beg to differ too. TTP is very strong indeed, but not anything close to ISIS.

naah

The real comparison in Iran would be if Shah was able to defeat Khomeni's uprising.

Obviously Iranians failed there.

Sometimes I wonder, how are you even a think-tank? We are best off not talking to each other or it's not going to be a pleasant discussion for anybody here.

Peace.

Sometimes I wonder, how are you even a think-tank? We are best off not talking to each other or it's not going to be a pleasant discussion for anybody here.

Peace.
I can also say that how you became a mod even when you are so emotional and biased.

But I will not get to personal attacks like you did.

Let's focus on the thread please.

If you post something, be ready to see response.
We were able to handle USSR in our backyard a while ago and recently are tackling TTP on one side while repeatedly engaged by India on the other side and dealing with internal terrorism(Baluchistan + Karachi) all at the same time yet still coming out on top is pretty impressive to say the least. :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:
You r wrong, usa used your country for proxy war against Soviet, because of short sighted policy of american funded generals in your army islamic militancy flourished in your backyard results in killing of 30000 security personals & 70000 civilians. Enmity with eastern neighbour resulted in pakistan losing half of it's territory. Now tell me how pakistan come out top,in this mess ?
Again you won't stop from posting stupid posts.

Please study history of worlds struggle against commies.

Pakistan struggled against commies while Bharatis were sucking commie d$$ck.

If you don't know this, then you must read and understand BEFORE posting.

Thank you

It remains a claim until it becomes true.

I like your analogy, and agree with it. The "patient" will remain on therapy and special diet for the time being, yes.

It doesn't remain a "claim" the dramatic decease in violence is proof itself..

But yes it isn't going to be wiped out in s year or 2.. It's intensity will decline but it will not just vanish soon.. To "exterminate" it.. Serious efforts are to be made.. Deradicalisation of the society.. Education,employment etc should be in our focus!

Is Pakistan on its way to becoming the first country to defeat a large scale Islamist insurgency?

This claim is premature until the time that the trends towards radicalization of the general population are reversed. Thus far, there are no signs that it is the case, with the situation growing worse steadily.
Sounds to me like another shia whining and discrediting Pakistan...

Step 1 in deradicalization of general population: Ban muharram procession that fuel sectarian hatred and cost million of dollars per day to Pakistani Tax payer's and economy every year in security setup and other damages due to lack of economic activity.

Step 2: Possession of all literature and books infused with sectarian hatred and Anti-Shaba khomeinism from Iran should be criminalized.

Step 3: If a group or sect claim themselves to be muslim then they should pray together in same Masjid (Mosque). If not, than they need to come clean with their differences and should be declared non-mulism before being allowed to create separate worship place.

I can also say that how you became a mod even when you are so emotional and biased.

But I will not get to personal attacks like you did.

Let's focus on the thread please.

If you post something, be ready to see response.

When you call more than 90% of a country as terrorists, do not expect flowers. Nothing personal, you naturally got it coming, a reaction to your own ridiculous post.

What you call 'Khomeini uprising', was a revolution that had support of absolute majority of the country back then, whether you, I or anybody else like it now or not. Talk about being biased. Either act like a think-tank or don't complain when you get an answer you deserve my friend. :)

We exterminated such Marxist militant groups in the 70s... MKP .. 1974 to be precise ..

That's because jandullah is a small group - operating in Sistan Balochistan .. With insignificant numbers .. No support base .. Getting raped by both Pak Aswell as Iran.. We are also hunting those bastards..

Texas drug cartels don't have a vile ideology to infect Texans either... Nor is the US-Mexico border like Pak Afghan border -- even drug cartels have killed more Mexicans in the past decade than the number of casualities Pak has faced in 14 years of war.

Again to explain myself, I didn't suggest that MeK was necessarily more powerful than TTP, but their terror attacks, their targets, plannings, etc were much more sophisticated, especially considering that at those times, terrorist groups were really rare and not much experienced. Of course one of the factors involved is that the country was basically in the shock of a revolution as it's natural for all revolutions around the world, which comes with chaos.

About Jundallah, you are right, but just one thing, it's not operating 'from Sistan and Baluchestan', it's coming from other side of border (or it used to come), launched their attacks, came back if they could. But things have improved on both sides it seems, Pakistan has tightened security and Iran planning and executing more robust border controls.

It remains a claim until it becomes true.

I like your analogy, and agree with it. The "patient" will remain on therapy and special diet for the time being, yes.

Thank you.

Here is an example that may explain a bit further.

USA won against civil war and insurgency when? 1865

It took almost 100 years more to correct the impact of that war and emancipate blacks.

Serious efforts are to be made.. Deradicalisation of the society.. Education,employment etc should be in our focus!

So where are the serious steps in these directions?

Thank you.

Here is an example that may explain a bit further.

USA won against civil war and insurgency when? 1865

It took almost 100 years more to correct the impact of that war and emancipate blacks.

..... and to make new mistakes. :D

Step 1 in deradicalization of general population: Ban muharram procession that fuel sectarian hatred and cost million of dollars per day to Pakistani Tax payer's and economy every year in security setup and other damages due to lack of economic activity.

Step 2: Possession of all literature and books infused with sectarian hatred and Anti-Shaba khomeinism from Iran should be criminalized.

Step 3: If a group or sect claim themselves to be muslim then they should pray together in same Masjid (Mosque). If not, than they need to come clean with their differences and should be declared non-mulism before being allowed to create separate worship place.

So who is going to take these steps?

What you call 'Khomeini uprising', was a revolution that had support of absolute majority of the country back then, whether you, I or anybody else like it now or not. Talk about being biased. Either act like a think-tank or don't complain when you get an answer you deserve my friend. :)
Agha Jaan

Nothing personal. Just talk or listen to the Mullahs of ISIS and TTP.

They too talk about "Islamist uprising and revolution".

Words are the same
Actions are the same.

Hitler and Nazis claimed 90% support among Germans. Does that make them heroes? Heck no!

It doesn't matter if 90% or 10%

It is the same abuse of religion in order to acquire power and capture a country.

???????

So where are the serious steps in these directions?

So who is going to take these steps?

A I said .. More steps need to be taken !

But atleast some steps are being taken my the civilian govt in that regard .. Meanwhile the military is also taking steps like construction of schools,cadet colleges,basic health facilities,road and other constructions in areas that have been cleared from militants... (You can view threads by Xeric or google yourself)... But it will be a long battle !

Bhai jaan

Let's not turn this into sectarian $hit.

Thank you

This is another example of the radicalisation of our society... This intolerant n extremist mentality is our main problem..

@waz. Bhai your opinion ..

Hi,

The article is right----Pakistan has achieved a lot in the last year or two.

In order for it to reach the final phase----it is at a loss----. What it needs to do is to start up a media campaign and have the public involved----.

the first step would be to put large hoarding signs with the pictures of the dead children of the school and their families and state " let us not forget them "----at least a 100 to 150 of them all around the country----then media onslaught---asking for assistance all the time---talking about tell tale signs of the threat----thru posters and banners----and things like that----and a serious clean up operation in multiple steps---.

It is absolutely doable----it just needs the commitment to be taken to the next level and understanding of the issue----.

If we want to win this war... Than i believe solid steps are to be taken...

I believe education is the main and the most effective weapon against militancy!

A national educational emergency is the need of the hour.. Monitoring or rather take over of all seminaries by the federal govt is also very important.. Because these houses of God have been turned into temples of satan.. Our govt schools produce dumbasses and our seminaries produce zombies.

Hi,

The article is right----Pakistan has achieved a lot in the last year or two.

In order for it to reach the final phase----it is at a loss----. What it needs to do is to start up a media campaign and have the public involved----.

the first step would be to put large hoarding signs with the pictures of the dead children of the school and their families and state " let us not forget them "----at least a 100 to 150 of them all around the country----then media onslaught---asking for assistance all the time---talking about tell tale signs of the threat----thru posters and banners----and things like that----and a serious clean up operation in multiple steps---.

It is absolutely doable----it just needs the commitment to be taken to the next level and understanding of the issue----.

I can assure you that it will not change extremists .. They will either "justify" that or call it a "govt/ISI/CIA" conspiracy..

Bhai jaan

Let's not turn this into sectarian $hit.

Thank you
Dude, you cannot fix something until and unless you identify the problem first. I got nothing against any religious or sect but this sectarian hatred has to stop. We need to stop brushing dirt under the carpet and find out the root cause of problem. Iran since 79 is fueling instability through out the region. Iraq is burning, Syria is devastated, Yemen, Lebanon, Bahrain, you name it. All fueled by "IRGC" directed from Qom, Iran. I am afraid, Pakistan will realize when it's too late. Iran radical Ayatollahs are preparing for doomsday coming of Imam (A Sunni massacre) ideology. This shit has to stop. as of yesterday. :pissed:

Back
Top Bottom