What's new

Is Pakistan on its way to becoming the first country to defeat a large scale Islamist insurgency?

I think that would be Iran. We completely defeated MeK terrorist group inside Iran (Islamist-Marxist Iranian terrorist group, I know, that's a weird combination) who killed more than 10,000 Iranians (including senior officials, president, head of parliament) in 80s. We kicked them out of Iran, they went to Iraq and sided with Saddam Hussein against Iran, and launched their last major offensive from Iraqi border in 1988 to capture Tehran, fell in a huge ambush, lost 4500 in just 2 days (Operation Mersad), and Iran was cleansed from their presence forever.

They did terror attacks in Iran that TTP could only dream of, in first years of revolution and war when country was still in chaos.

Now their remnants are living in misery in west and in a camp in Iraq.

As you'd expect, U.S and Europe de-listed them from their terror group list, because obviously, terrorist attacks are fine as long as they target west's enemies.
Commie mullahs?

A deadly combo

Pakistan needs to spread it wings. Pakistan can easily spread it's influence in mid-east and create it's joint military bases, paid for by GCC, if diplomacy done right. Now you are talking about real China-Pakistan-Russia alliance where every team bring some strength to the table. But for that Pakistan need to be bit more militarily active and aggressive in the region, and assure Arabs that we are there for them.

Shouldn't Pak get its own house in order ... Before telling Arabs "we are here for you".
As for diplomacy .. Diplomacy means keeping every party happy and looking out your own interests .. Not helping one party and making more enemies.

Also Pak has taken a better position in that political conflict .. That of a mediator!

Sure Pakistan does, on a constitutional level.

Does what on s constitutional level? Getting its own house in order or tell Arabs "we are here to kill n due for you n your money"...?

Sure Pakistan does, on a constitutional level. Try to reread what type of diplomacy I am referring too.
I have read all constitutions .. Can you please inlighten me.. I'm not sure I understand.

The war against TTP in the form of Zarb-e-Azb might sound insignificant to some due to comparatively less media coverage owing to PTI and PAT sponsored sit-ins. But make no mistake, If Kiyani's statement of 40% success, Khwaja Asif's statement on the number of troops committed to the operation and the number of displaced people is something to go by - The Pak Army has delivered perhaps beyond it's capacity.

But if Pakistan doesn't learn from it's mistakes, all the effort would go down the drain. Following are some of the bad decisions leading to operation Zarb-e-Azb:

1. Zia's strategic Depth policy.
2.Allowing flow of unmonitored funds throughout Pakistan.
3.GHQ's interference in politics.
4. Bad foreign policy in general.
5.Corruption in all state pillars.

I must say, Pakistan has learned a lot. The strategic depth policy, however, remains a double edged sword. Pakistan can't stay in Afghanistan but at the same can't abandon Afghanistan altogether owing to Indian presence there.

Does what on s constitutional level? Getting its own house in order or tell Arabs "we are here to kill n due for you n your money"...?
Take some House cleaning action on constitutional level, time to bring some stuff into parliament and have some debate . btw I edited.

It has been the Najdi originated terror that has caused the greatest losses in Pakistan. It has been them who have been;
- Slaughtering minorities.
- Killing ulimah (Barelvi/sufi).
- Attacking the army and state institutions.
- Forging alliances with those hostile to Pakistan.
-Indulging in rape, robbery and other crimes.
-Attacking Pakistani allies (China).
-Terrorising their market places, bookshops, theatres and other social places.

I never saw a Muharam procession do all the above. In AJK we have them every year, and have done so since our forefathers liberated the region. We suffer no terrorist attacks as well, do you know why? We haven't let Najdi scum fester in our region. There you go, terrorism free.
Its nothing short of a miracle that ajk didnt witness any sectarian issue in the last few decades

Take some House cleaning action on constitutional level, time to bring some stuff into parliament and have some debate . btw I edited.

Do you are saying that Pak is only putting its house in order on constitutional level and not in reality? And we have to take "some (unknown) stuff to parliament for discussion"..:(

you have defeated them militarily but unless you take care of radicalization of youth, you will see the same problem again. Also a stable responsible afganistan will help.

It is the other way around

Very hard to understand for a Bharati

Masses went against Islamism and only then military ops succeeded.

I beg to disagree.

What Pakistan needs now is to expand beyond its borders and defeat anarchy in the region.

First stop Yemen
Next Iraq/Syrai
Next Libya

and on and on.

It is time to think beyond our borders and address suffering of humanity

It is time to think big

It is time to quit being "Kun-wain ka maindak".

Thank you

Sure a bankrupt country with a fragile democracy and large portion of the population having sectarian/extremist tendencies like this idiot @Genghis khan1 needs to fix things in the Middle East.....

We need to think smart and only about ourselves !

Its nothing short of a miracle that ajk didnt witness any sectarian issue in the last few decades

Bro it's part that but most of all that our people are overwhelming Barelvi/Sufi school of thought, with a Shia minority. This from the the troops who serve in the AJK regiment, to the politicians and the common folk. The terrorist ideology simply has no room to gain ground. They're not welcome and never will be.

Sure a bankrupt country with a fragile democracy and large portion of the population having sectarian/extremist tendencies like this idiot @Genghis khan1 needs to fix things in the Middle East..... !

Oh bhai

country became bankrupt because it didn't go out militarily.

have you not read any history.

Tell me if Spain, England, Holland, USA, Japan became rich by sleeping at home

Pakistanis have to think globally if they want to change their economic situation.

Ghar baithay kaam nahi milta

Back
Top Bottom