IS PAKISTAN INTERESTED IN THE TURKISH TFX

TFX is best for PAF agree?

• YES

Votes: 81 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 29.6%

• Total voters
that is understood
all depends on negotiating power (of Turkey/ Pak vs West) and the money involved (money bends rules) .. and what kind of Military or duel usage technology we are talking about.

please explain the last bit .. I didnt get it

sorry i dont. I can only speculate. engine? missiles, radar? who knows.
unless if Turkey decides to build everything from scratch...it will have the access as a NATO ally.
The engine is likely to be the Rolls-Royce EJ200, the radar will developed in Turkey by Aselsan, the air-to-air missiles are being developed in Turkey by Roketsan. BAE Systems from the U.K is being contracted to provide expertise and R&D support for the fighter, but this isn't a partnership, it's basically TAI literally paying someone else to do the legwork, though the IP of the fighter will remain with Turkey (along with export licenses).

All that aside, the full TFX program is a very unlikely bet for the PAF. I don't think American subsystems will be a problem, rather, high development cost and the fact that it is still in its infancy is going to be the main risk. There is less of both in the FC-31. Instead, the PAF could invest in some parts of the TFX, e.g. radar, ECM/EW, etc, but use them on the FC-31. This is less risky.

IMHO, Pak is playing it smartly. Given the circumstances, get both Chinese and Turkish systems optimizing Pak requirements/specs, TOT and employing local folks. Compared to other alternatives, pricing is more negotiable. We're already seeing it with F22 + MILGEM, S40 + Augosta upgrade, WZ10 + ATAK,....

Too many cooks spoil the broth, and keep it simple and stupid (KISS)...

Guys, let me remind you nothing is decided regarding TF-X. Not it's engines, not it's configurations (single engine or dual engine), and we didn't select our partner yet.....

If you wanna see a better CGI you can watch the clip below.

But don't let the clip give you ideas, as i said before nothing is decided yet.

Everyone can speculate but I'm sure Pakistan and Turkey can work something out taking into account all Pakistan's concerns regarding supply and service etc.

They will obviously let Pakistan know of any potential objections etc before hand so the appropriate decision can be made.

China has inducted J-20 and probably will not go towards J-31. This will create delays in the development of J-31 and probably it will be ready for production by 2027+. M/s Shenyang Aircraft Corporation may need some financial partner for early development of J-31. However TFX program will be on fast track basis due to the following reasons and will be ready for production by 2027+:-

1) Engine already selected and will be Rolls-Royce EJ200. TFX will be a twin-engined fighter jet with supercruise capability, which is going to be manufactured under licence.
2) Latest F-16 Avionics are being made by Aselsan, so little bit more advancement needed
3) R&D and design support will be provided by BAE UK
4) TAI's Advanced Carbon Composites fuselage facility, which was commissioned to produce fuselages for Lockheed Martin's Joint Strike Fighter (F-35) program, has been tasked with developing an Advanced Carbon Composite fuselage for the TFX.
5) ASELSAN is currently developing a highly advanced Active electronically scanned array radar which will use gallium nitride (GaN) technology for the TFX program.

1) Engine already selected and will be Rolls-Royce EJ200. TFX will be a twin-engined fighter jet with supercruise capability, which is going to be manufactured under licence.
2) Latest F-16 Avionics are being made by Aselsan, so little bit more advancement needed
3) R&D and design support will be provided by BAE UK
4) TAI's Advanced Carbon Composites fuselage facility, which was commissioned to produce fuselages for Lockheed Martin's Joint Strike Fighter (F-35) program, has been tasked with developing an Advanced Carbon Composite fuselage for the TFX.
5) ASELSAN is currently developing a highly advanced Active electronically scanned array radar which will use gallium nitride (GaN) technology for the TFX program.

As i said before, nothing has been decided yet....

We have left with one choice to buy from China, there will be headache, because we experience of J17.
China bought 24- Su 35, which is modifying them, In end of Pakistan.

According the officials we will see the first prototype 2023 . If all goes smooth the serial production will follow.

TF-X will be operational in the 2030's.. You should note that..
And it's not paper project BTW.

mmupyo-acilis-toreni-1-.jpg
I think we can not wait for TAI TFX its a long term project we should go for J-20 or PAK FA

According the officials we will see the first prototype 2023 . If all goes smooth the serial production will follow.
If it is true Then Its a very good news TAI TFX will be a quality 5th GEN JET inshallah

As PAF Chief has hinted that we will try to develop our own next generation aircraft, I think it will most probably be a joint venture due to our technical and financial restrictions. And as currently, 5th gen aircraft are not to be introduced properly for many years to come, our partnership with Turkey in developing it have a high possibility. For now, we can only speculate.

Back
Top Bottom