What's new

Is North Korea's military firepower threat to Peace & Stability?

Seoul changed hands more than once in the Korean war. Loss of a capital doesn't mean loss of a war. The economic impact would be huge, though.

Seoul had nothing back in the 50s,but now this global megacity is everything for S.Korea,Seoul is the soul of S.Korea.

North cannot win this war against south within rules of war but it would be navie of anyone to think that north would attack south with decleration before miilitary action and not harm any civilian populated areas. It is like a criminal attacking a person in a dark alley. Even if you win you will still suffer but if crimal win he is used to this kind of things so he will go on easly

About the south reunify with north I believe it would be nearly imposible, even Germany's strong economy suffered heavily when East and West united. I believe unstabilzed Korean economy cannot withstand the unification

Seoul had nothing back in the 50s,but now this global megacity is everything for S.Korea,Seoul is the soul of S.Korea.
Seoul is THE center of Korea, including that abomination call 'North Korea'.

This is why the label 'conscript rejects' is so apt for the lot of you. Even before WW II, there were signs by Nazi Germany that war is imminent. If tensions between the two Koreas are sufficient to war, even a surprise attack by either side would not be as militarily crippling as Desert Storm, assuming the fight is ONLY between the two Koreas. Both sides would have their major population centers prepared for war long before any 'surprise' attack by any mean. The leaderships dispersed into safe areas. The militaries on high alert. And so on...

wars dont always follow that way,surprise attack are so common in the world military history,and happened many times bw Isreal and Arab countries in the past 50 years.

About the south reunify with north I believe it would be nearly imposible, even Germany's strong economy suffered heavily when East and West united. I believe unstabilzed Korean economy cannot withstand the unification
The same predictions were made about Germany's unification. I read plenty of them when I was stationed in the UK. The ratio was pretty much 50:50 for 'success' and 'failure'.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

wars dont always follow that way,surprise attack are so common in the world military history,and happened many times bw Isreal and Arab countries in the past 50 years.
And yet you have no problems making declarations of your own. Did I used the label 'conscript rejects' before?

And like I've said NK is fortified heavy for any type of Invasion it has a 1.2 million man army and 7 million in reserve not to mention the WMD's it has, and a Brainwashed population raised from birth to die for the Kim's, and Iraq style invasion will not work, NK can take damage more then the SK can take damage.

Right...So North Korea would rather see ALL Korea destroyed. Does China support that?

If it is attacked by South then yes, Certainly don't want to see amount of human life lost however, it would mean SK is eliminated economically, who knows maybe we can annex it when both Korea's destroy each other.

Right...So North Korea would rather see ALL Korea destroyed. Does China support that?

China only has limited influence on N.Korea,they make their own choice and they are crazy indeed,see how they wailed for their passed leader,anyone who is not a N.Korean will never understand it.

If it is attacked by South then yes, Certainly don't want to see amount of human life lost however, it would mean SK is eliminated economically, who knows many we can annex it when both Korea's destroy each other.
Then it does not matter who attack whom first. Either way, Korea as a nation-state will either be erased or severely diminished in stature. China benefits. So China does approve of a nuclear war in the Korean peninsula.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

China only has limited influence on N.Korea,they make their own choice and they are crazy indeed,see how they wailed for their passed leader,anyone who is not a N.Korean will never understand it.
Am damned glad am not a North Korean. And am willing to bet everyone here, including those who support North Korea out of petty spite to US, take pity on such a population.

Then it does not matter who attack whom first. Either way, Korea as a nation-state will either be erased or severely diminished in stature. China benefits. So China does approve of a nuclear war in the Korean peninsula.

China wont like a nuclear wasteland next door,but we and the whole world have to prepare for the worst.

It has noting to do with us approving anything NK decisions are it's own, No we don't support Nuclear war however NK will not use Nuclear Weapons unless it is losing or attacked and cannot do anything at that point even we cannot stop them.

Back
Top Bottom